Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Haven't watched WWE for a long time. Watched Mania as it was free. A few observations.

Taker is gonna die in the ring/performing for WWE

Happy to see Edge back, thought he was done after his broken Neck

I like how they have used Drew. When I was still casually watching, he was part of a 3 man band who would play a fake guitar as an entrance. Lesnar still chasing that money.

Goldberg is still alive??

Ziggler still being underused. This guy can be the best heel in the business.

Wtf has happened to the divas? Okay there was that one match omwhere they were all cute except for that giant Tamina, and the other tag match, but two women matches (title matches) had one MMA fighter (?) and another one where the woman was screaming all the damn time?

Ekeke

How long will it be till they turn up on AEW #FTR
So unlike normal, they dont have a no compete clause according to Meltzer. So in theory they could have a video or promo or something right away this week. Probably wont happen though, as heels it'd probably be best for them to just come out and attack The Young Bucks when they can actually have a match. Apparently AEW has taped like 6 weeks of programming, so most likely it would be at the tapings after that. And that might very well be why theres no no compete clause. Because they've been sitting out not getting paid and it doesnt look like they'd have a match in AEW for at least 6 weeks.

Personally I always found them a little boring and overrated. Clearly a good tag team but I never saw them as one of the best around (in terms of worldwide).

That said I've prefered every single ex-WWE guy's new lick of paint in AEW rather than their old presentation and character in WWE. So hopefully they'll find something extra that makes me more interested in them when they come.

Ekeke

Haven't watched WWE for a long time. Watched Mania as it was free. A few observations.

I like how they have used Drew. When I was still casually watching, he was part of a 3 man band who would play a fake guitar as an entrance. Lesnar still chasing that money.

Wtf has happened to the divas? Okay there was that one match omwhere they were all cute except for that giant Tamina, and the other tag match, but two women matches (title matches) had one MMA fighter (?) and another one where the woman was screaming all the damn time?
The "Divas" are expected to be womens athletes now, instead of former bikini models doing shit looking lucha moves like in the early 2000s. Equality stuff.

Theres still some good looking ones who aren't very good in the ring that are pushed though. So the coomers can rejoice

Zen

Odd to see you happy about Edge..... who is/was reasonable the closest to death should he continue. Taker/Goldberg haven't been advised not to go(ever again).

I guess it is a good thing for him if he's happy to ride the potential fatal injury doing it, which I guess you should be. But it's not like he had a career taken away, he achieved more or less everything. It's same pattern as them all - difference with Edge or DBry - is they are playing with injury, not age or roidrage or some form of addiction.

Slevs

Odd to see you happy about Edge..... who is/was reasonable the closest to death should he continue. Taker/Goldberg haven't been advised not to go(ever again).

I guess it is a good thing for him if he's happy to ride the potential fatal injury doing it, which I guess you should be. But it's not like he had a career taken away, he achieved more or less everything. It's same pattern as them all - difference with Edge or DBry - is they are playing with injury, not age or roidrage or some form of addiction.
He's not been 100% cleared to perform? That's stupid if true

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
No he isn't. Ziggler is wank. No-one cares about him anymore.

AEW hop on every WWE mid/lower-card outcast. Shawn Spears; signed immediately. Brodie Lee; signed immediately. Matt Hardy; signed immediately. The Revival; gonna be signed immediately.

Straight from the TNA playbook.

Slevs

AEW hop on every WWE mid/lower-card outcast. Shawn Spears; signed immediately. Brodie Lee; signed immediately. Matt Hardy; signed immediately. The Revival; gonna be signed immediately.

He's very good on the mic for a heel. Who is better right now from the roster? Bear in mind I haven't watched for a long time and I hold The Great One as the best worker on the mic.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He's very good on the mic for a heel. Who is better right now from the roster? Bear in mind I haven't watched for a long time and I hold The Great One as the best worker on the mic.
I'm a bit similar to you in that I only dip in very occasionally but from what I've seen, the damage is done on Ziggler. He's been booked so badly that is difficult to buy him as a threat. He needs to move away from WWE and maybe start from scratch off he wants to be an A level star... Others have done it so it's possible.

AshRK

I'm a bit similar to you in that I only dip in very occasionally but from what I've seen, the damage is done on Ziggler. He's been booked so badly that is difficult to buy him as a threat. He needs to move away from WWE and maybe start from scratch off he wants to be an A level star... Others have done it so it's possible.
The ship has sailed. He should have left wwe long back. He is decent but I feel his fans overrate him. I think current rosters like to play it safe and are happy staying with wwe and playing second or third fiddle. You don't have personalities like Hogan, savage, Luger, scott hall or nash who will accept new challenge and leave wwe. Ambrose did that so fair play to him but others just are happy where they are.

Bwuk

You forgot Swaggee, who’s getting a title shot vs Ambrose with JR on commentary.

Castia

But those mid-careers aren’t being used properly in wwe. Matt Hardy has a brilliant gimmick that was red hot on his return to WWE and they fecked it up just like they feck everything up. The revival are one of the best tag teams on the planet, their run in NXT is one of the best tag runs in WWE in the last 10 years and suddenly their jobbers?

Not being at the top of WWE’s card isnt a bad thing in a age where 90% of the time it’s filled by Broc or Goldberg or an unwanted Roman Reigns. They flip flop around and nothing makes sense, pretty sure Sami Zayne would have been the next one out after 3 years of doing nothing on the main roster then suddenly he’s IC champ?

Sylar

Tbf Cody was a WWE mid carder too.
Ziggler peaked at his cash in. After that wwe
ruined him

The ship has sailed. He should have left wwe long back. He is decent but I feel his fans overrate him. I think current rosters like to play it safe and are happy staying with wwe and playing second or third fiddle. You don't have personalities like Hogan, savage, Luger, scott hall or nash who will accept new challenge and leave wwe. Ambrose did that so fair play to him but others just are happy where they are.
Different eras

AshRK

Tbf Cody was a WWE mid carder too.
Ziggler peaked at his cash in. After that wwe
ruined him

Different eras
I think even in this era somewhat top stars like jericho ambrose and even rhodes have left WWE. I think some guys are afraid of vince getting pissed and them never being able to come back to WWE. Well vince patched up with Bischoff, why would he have a.life long animosity with say revivals or even Rhodes. I would say rather than spoiling your career , leave and explore other options.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Ziggler and miz won their titles too early. Their rivalry on smackdown live in recent years was top work, and it would have been more believable if they had won titles off that.

Ziggler is a victim of bad creative and unless he has a jericho-esque revamp/restyle, that's not changing.

AshRK

Ziggler and miz won their titles too early. Their rivalry on smackdown live in recent years was top work, and it would have been more believable if they had won titles off that.

Ziggler is a victim of bad creative and unless he has a jericho-esque revamp/restyle, that's not changing.
Ziggler will never be taken by fans in WWE. He needs to leave and return after a successful sting elsewhere if he is to be taken by fans. Survivor series 15 or 16 when sting debuted and ziggler was the last survivor was another chance he could have been given a better role. But next month he was losing to Luke Harper. There is no coming back for him like this.

Sylar

I think even in this era somewhat top stars like jericho ambrose and even rhodes have left WWE. I think some guys are afraid of vince getting pissed and them never being able to come back to WWE. Well vince patched up with Bischoff, why would he have a.life long animosity with say revivals or even Rhodes. I would say rather than spoiling your career , leave and explore other options.
Different circumstances
Some guys have big contracts and can't just sit it out as WWE will extend their stay
You can't just out right quit and go elsewhere

The guys you mentioned all had contracts expiring or completed.
If aew was there earlier some of the WWE guys and girls would not have signed those long term contracts

Ekeke

Imo Ziggler can be turned around for sure. The problem isnt with fans its with Vince. He doesn't want to push him further than he's at, they dont give him something new and different that could potentially make him a main eventer, he's not getting big wins. Vince has decided this is where Ziggler is going to be so thats where he'll stay unless he goes to NXT or leaves. He just isnt one of Vince's picks to be a main eventer.

In NXT or elsewhere he's easily good enough in the ring, good enough of a promo, has a good look and yes he would still need a new lick of paint to show hes not the exact same guy that was going nowhere on the main roster, but a slightly different look, a new finisher, a new attitude etc. It would only take 1.

R.E.D.

They all went for the better contract, more money and less work.

Today there are a lot more wrestlers who left WWE or said no to them and actually became more successful and eventually made more money because of their choice. The Revival being the last example.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
They all went for the better contract, more money and less work.

Today there are a lot more wrestlers who left WWE or said no to them and actually became more successful and eventually made more money because of their choice. The Revival being the last example.
How have the revival been more successful and made more money since leaving the WWE exactly?

R.E.D.

How have the revival been more successful and made more money since leaving the WWE exactly?
They just left there two days ago. I meant they left a good contract and took a risk because they care about their creativity. More money means likes of Jericho, Bucks and Cody.

Ekeke

Apparently WWE has been classified "Essential Business" which is why it can continue when sporting events have stopped, other than AEW of course :lol: :eek:

At a press conference today, Orange County (Florida) mayor Jerry Demings was asked how WWE is still able to run shows despite the state's stay-at-home order.

"I think initially there was a review that was done and they were not initially deemed an essential business. With some conversation with the governor's office regarding the governor's order, they were deemed an essential business. And so therefore, they were allowed to remain open," Demings said.

Demings said that -- because of HIPAA laws -- he doesn't know the specifics associated with the person in WWE who tested positive for COVID-19. “But that’s like a little family," Demings said. "A small family of professional athletes that wrestle. And if one of my family members tested positive in my house, that would be concerning to me. We would have to make some provisions in my house to make sure that the rest of us not get infected. So I would assume that -- from a business perspective -- the WWE is doing that type of analysis of its own family.”

The person in WWE who tested positive for COVID-19 is an on-air talent but not a member of the in-ring roster. Over the weekend, WWE issued a statement about the positive test: "A WWE employee has tested positive for COVID-19. We believe this matter is low risk to WWE talent and staff, as the individual and a roommate became symptomatic in the days following exposure to two people working in acute health care on the evening of March 26, after WWE’s TV production on a closed set was already complete. The employee had no contact with anyone from WWE since being exposed to those two individuals, is doing well, and made a complete recovery.”

WWE is resuming live television broadcasts from the Performance Center in Orlando, Florida starting with tonight's Raw.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It’s also the McMahon-Trump alliance. Grifters gonna grift. Wait for a big McMahon donation to Trump/Republicans
I think McMahon would've done that anyway, they're thick as thieves and Linda McMahon even worked in the Trump administration.

Sylar

This really would have been the perfect time for WWE wrestlers (not named Seth and Braun) to basically say no to working in these conditions. Its nuts

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Wrestlers are all carnies at heart. Roman is barely out of the woods from his cancer, that's the only reason he is at home otherwise he would be front and centre on TV.

Look at that wanker, Jerry Lawler. He hopped on a plane yesterday and showed up last night and offered nothing, like he always does, despite being 70-odd and having suffered a heart attack. Why? $$$.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Yeah I think a lot of people need to realise, a lot of these guys will want to work, if allowed.

Ludens the Red

This really would have been the perfect time for WWE wrestlers (not named Seth and Braun) to basically say no to working in these conditions. Its nuts
Why would they though? Think about it. For the the first time ever they get to work a balanced schedule . No touring/house shows. Arenas are empty. They’re also low risk to the virus, apart from Roman as you stated. Maybe back in the heart disease days of wwe things would be different. But if I was a wrestler I would definitely want to work. Not just because of money but keeping yourself occupied and the obvious praise from the fans. Everyone likes to be appreciated.

It’s the same as footballers, there’s people in the football thread who continually state footballers will sue and not want to play at the moment. I’m not sure what fantasy world these people are living In.

Sylar

I get that if they are single. But being away from their family, doing it live? If they recorded a whole bunch I could understand but this way? It's crazy

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Look at that wanker, Jerry Lawler. He hopped on a plane yesterday and showed up last night and offered nothing, like he always does, despite being 70-odd and having suffered a heart attack. Why? $$$.
He didn't offer nothing. Made a remark that was both racist and miscalled the move.

cyberman

Randomly opened this but want to point out that all sports in Florida can open up, its not just wrestling.
UFC is rumoured to go there also