Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Are you telling me you didnt notice a difference?

Great cinematic match Darby and Sting
No. I'm literally asking you why have you become obsessed with wrestlers physiques all of a sudden?

Ladron de redcafe

First time I watch AEW and their production is terrible compared to WWE. Probably to be expected though, given that nobody can compete with Vince on that front.

What an underwhelming surprise, though. Christian is who you bring out after all that hype?

Minkaro

You dont think he's a WWE hall of fame level wrestler?

Koko B Ware is in there
Are you trying to support Christian here? Because "not as bad as Koko B Ware" isn't the way to do it. I mean, "Out. Work. Everyone" isn't the best debut t-shirt ever, but it's better than "at least I'm not Koko B Ware"

Ladron de redcafe

Dont know what you're talking about Miro is looking much better physically now than he did in WWE. He's just been in a holding pattern while they build him up as they have so many people they want to push, hes unbeaten and now they're sowing the seeds for him and Kip to break.
I was gonna say that the vast majority of the guys I used to see in WWE look older and softer here. Jericho looks ridiculous. Sting looks awful. Matt looks as bad as he's ever looked. This isn't what everyone had in mind when they checked out this company. Seems to be TNA 2.0

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Are you trying to support Christian here? Because "not as bad as Koko B Ware" isn't the way to do it. I mean, "Out. Work. Everyone" isn't the best debut t-shirt ever, but it's better than "at least I'm not Koko B Ware"
Technical truths are the best truths.

Holocene

I was gonna say that the vast majority of the guys I used to see in WWE look older and softer here. Jericho looks ridiculous. Sting looks awful. Matt looks as bad as he's ever looked. This isn't what everyone had in mind when they checked out this company. Seems to be TNA 2.0
Given the age of those guys, they're not going to look great.

AEW is now into its third year. I think people are past just checking them out. They're growing well.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Given the age of those guys, they're not going to look great.

AEW is now into its third year. I think people are past just checking them out. They're growing well.
Surely growth requires people checking them out?

Minkaro

OK, I honestly thought Callis/Omega had set up those terrible explosions on purpose, so they could do the whole "haha trolled you, you thought you were going to die" thing.

But they're selling them like they weren't terrible explosions?

Ladron de redcafe

Meaning that AEW already has a fan base. Most people watching this PPV are fans of the company and not just checking them out.
Every company has a fanbase. But they constantly have new people checking them out. It was true or WWE when it brought in Tyson in 1998 and new fans checked out something they hadn't seen before, and it was true of TNA when it brought in some established stars.

I - myself - had never watched AEW before this event. So, I'm one of those who are still checking it out and aren't part of its fanbase.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I can only imagine one of the "explosives" never went off?

I dunno, this is absolutely terrible though.

Ekeke

No. I'm literally asking you why have you become obsessed with wrestlers physiques all of a sudden?
Sounds like you've become obsessed with me

Miro was big but not in very good shape in WWE. Since leaving he's clearly in a lot better shape and put in the work to make it happen. If you dont notice these things its because you don't know what you're seeing

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
That was fecking hilarious. Eddie Kingston saving Moxley from sparklers.
He's selling it like it was near death :lol:

Something must have gone wrong. Surely they would have practiced and if thats what they wanted to produce, surely someone would have spoken up and said It was shit? Right?

Did the explosive budget go on Cody's entrance or something?

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Sounds like you've become obsessed with me

Miro was big but not in very good shape in WWE. Since leaving he's clearly in a lot better shape and put in the work to make it happen. If you dont notice these things its because you don't know what you're seeing
So you can't answer the question. Cool.

Minkaro

Surely to do that better, you go big on the smoke machine (to cover it up), have a few proper pyros around the ring, and have the explosion sound effects to make it look like somethings happening, and rig the ring to collapse so when the smoke clears it looks like actual carnage has happened?

Not fecking sparklers.

Ladron de redcafe

Surely to do that better, you go big on the smoke machine (to cover it up), have a few proper pyros around the ring, and have the explosion sound effects to make it look like somethings happening, and rig the ring to collapse so when the smoke clears it looks like actual carnage has happened?

Not fecking sparklers.
That's what I was thinking. Some pyros done right could have had a better effect, but this wasn't what it could and should have been, visually.

Holocene

Every company has a fanbase. But they constantly have new people checking them out. It was true or WWE when it brought in Tyson in 1998 and new fans checked out something they hadn't seen before, and it was true of TNA when it brought in some established stars.

I - myself - had never watched AEW before this event. So, I'm one of those who are still checking it out and aren't part of its fanbase.
I think I misunderstood your post actually. But I do think it's a bit silly to compare it to TNA after your first viewing. It wasn't a great PPV and it's a shame it's your first one to watch.

Ekeke

They used pyros. Thats what they used :lol:

I'm sure Alexa Bliss doing magic would have made for a better main event :rolleyes::lol:

Ekeke

Theres no need to watch something you dislike. Thats the same reason WWE have record low ratings each year

Some people prefer magic to explosions. I'm not sure either are great but I liked the main event overall because of the story and the match. The explosions were safe (as far as im aware at least) and I'd prefer that to watching someone get hurt.

I'm going to disagree with the other poster, that was a great ppv

Minkaro

They used pyros. Thats what they used :lol:

I'm sure Alexa Bliss doing magic would have made for a better main event :rolleyes::lol:
You know there's different kinds of pyro, right?

That was Goldberg entrance level pyro. The kind of Goldberg stands in.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
"We mustnt forget it's been raining" kind of vibes I'm getting right now.

ZDwyr

The tribal wwe v aew stuff is so weird to me. These companies don't care about you beyond your $. They're both run by people with dubious ethics. The wrestlers on both rosters get along. Fans just trying to insert themselves into the 'story'

Sylar

OK, I honestly thought Callis/Omega had set up those terrible explosions on purpose, so they could do the whole "haha trolled you, you thought you were going to die" thing.

But they're selling them like they weren't terrible explosions?
That would have been better

Sylar

The tribal wwe v aew stuff is so weird to me. These companies don't care about you beyond your $. They're both run by people with dubious ethics. The wrestlers on both rosters get along. Fans just trying to insert themselves into the 'story'
Agree especially how defensive some get on here about any little criticism

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Christian is a good get, but not one worthy of the massive hype in my opinion. When you go so big that people are expecting punk/brock and you deliver Christian, you’re going to get criticism. A lot of people will have bought the PPV purely for the reveal.

They really are in danger of being viewed by the casual fan as becoming TNA 2.0, which I assume is who they need to reach out to in order to grow.