Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
The Gage v Jericho match went further than I thought it would.

That unfortunate injury to Wheeler looked awful. No surprise they called the match early. Looked like his bone pierced the skin.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Having looked around online it might (hopefully) just be a really deep cut.

So looks like CM Punk is coming in for the Chicago show and from the hints last night it looks like a programme v Darby Allin. Strange choice no? No way Punk is gonna be a heel, least of all in Chicago.

Also seen people surprised that Hangman lost. Not sure why. That particular story needs to marinate a little longer yet.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The attempt to catch the guy who did the corkscrew moonsault was pathetic.

Also seen people surprised that Hangman lost. Not sure why. That particular story needs to marinate a little longer yet.
It absolutely does not. It's been marinating for about a year now. Shit or get off the pot.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The attempt to catch the guy who did the corkscrew moonsault was pathetic.

It absolutely does not. It's been marinating for about a year now. Shit or get off the pot.
Nah. They've only just got the live crowds back. It can run a few more months yet.

That entrance by Cowboy and the Dark Order was cool as feck anyway.

b82REZ

With the rumours of Punk and DBry I've tried again to get into AEW, but something just feels off with it.

It always feels like they're winking at the audience and marketing themselves as the smarky brand.

Also Cody really grates on me.

I'll probably jump in fully when Punk returns though. He was who got me back into wrassling with his pipe bomb and Bryan made me stick around when Punk left.

Sylar

With the rumours of Punk and DBry I've tried again to get into AEW, but something just feels off with it.

It always feels like they're winking at the audience and marketing themselves as the smarky brand.

I'll probably jump in fully when Punk returns though. He was who got me back into wrassling with his pipe bomb and Bryan made me stick around when Punk left.
Cody annoys me too. He should defo be a heel.

Im ok with Page having to wait a bit longer. Id like to see him get some big wins in the mean time, then win the title from Kenny at a big PPV.

The best thing Miro did was get away from that comedy shit he was doing trying to do.

Danielson in AEW makes so much sense, especially with the partnerships and the 'forbidden door' being open.
The biggest thing with Punk will be the intrigue to see how he has a match and what its like given how long hes been out.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I like what they are doing with Hangman. Thought it might be a bit soon to have him beat Omega. Still on course to be the most over world title change since Guerrero and Benoit in 2004, and Daniel Bryan in 2014. I'm presuming that they may not want to have him beat Kenny yet, because there are big title defences with Punk and/or Bryan they may want to feature first.

Cody has been lost in the shuffle for a good 12 months now. Been engaged in far too many filler feuds and celeb tie-ins.

Dynamite on the whole is such a strong weekly show. Been watching wrestling heavily since 20 years and only Smackdown in the early 2000s has ever felt as essential to watch. The main WWE shows have had their moments since then, but have generally been characterised by a hot storyline been surrounded by pure filler, much of it crap. NXT was all about the Takeovers, but they've really dropped off since WWE tried to position them against AEW.

choccy77

I still feel from what i've seen of the show, Getting rid of JR on commentary is a must.

Khan also taking a back seat is also a must, we don't need him on tv either.

If they bring in Phil and Brian and screw that up, im not sure they will ever take on WWE seriously

Ekeke

I still feel from what i've seen of the show, Getting rid of JR on commentary is a must.

Khan also taking a back seat is also a must, we don't need him on tv either.

If they bring in Phil and Brian and screw that up, im not sure they will ever take on WWE seriously
They already can in ratings without them.

JR is fine as long as he doesn't get his words jumbled or makes mistakes. That happens too often so its something he needs to fix that.

But when your most likely next world champion is a cowboy, its going to be pretty cool when JR is putting him over in his crowning moment

choccy77

They already can in ratings without them.

JR is fine as long as he doesn't get his words jumbled or makes mistakes. That happens too often so its something he needs to fix that.

But when your most likely next world champion is a cowboy, its going to be pretty cool when JR is putting him over in his crowning moment
Will probably call him Bradshaw or JBL

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Gage main eventing AEW is pretty crazy, not my cup of tea but i'm sure plenty will have enjoyed it.

Can see him coming back for more of these one-off violent matches. Will work so long as they use him sparringly.

Punk is a lock to debut in Chicago after that teasing last night, should be massive.

Ekeke

Gage main eventing AEW is pretty crazy, not my cup of tea but i'm sure plenty will have enjoyed it.

Can see him coming back for more of these one-off violent matches. Will work so long as they use him sparringly.

Punk is a lock to debut in Chicago after that teasing last night, should be massive.
Not something I go out of my way to watch either, but I think it works like this where it adds to the story. Like you said, occasional match for a purpose in a storyline

Sylar

Not something I go out of my way to watch either, but I think it works like this where it adds to the story. Like you said, occasional match for a purpose in a storyline
As long as its not every week as it feels like theyve had a lot recently.

And I agree with you about JR. He will put over the Hangman win big. I just hope he doesnt slip up and fck up the moment. Its gonna be one extreme or another. Hopefully Excalibur tones it down too

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Dynamite on the whole is such a strong weekly show. Been watching wrestling heavily since 20 years and only Smackdown in the early 2000s has ever felt as essential to watch. The main WWE shows have had their moments since then, but have generally been characterised by a hot storyline been surrounded by pure filler, much of it crap. NXT was all about the Takeovers, but they've really dropped off since WWE tried to position them against AEW.
I've tried casully getting back into wrestling recently just as something to have on as backgound watching while I do uni work or exercise.

Haven't tried AEW yet but of the WWE stuff NXT is the only thing I can even stand. You actually get some semblance of decent story telling and reason to invest. Unlike Raw or Smackdown which are just generic borefests week after week. A lot of the wrestlers and their gimmics on NXT are quite likeable, but I bet that dies for 99% of them as soon as they move over to the main shows, because they'd just become filler fodder within a few weeks.

I mean Smackdown in particular has so many wrestlers on it who'd make great characters and storytellers if you gave them a story to tell...but unless they're fueding with Reigns they're basically pointless. RAW is even worse. Even the main eventers are just there to irrelevently plod along. The Nikki Cross stuff was cringey. I don't know if Lashley is meant to be a bad guy or not because all he does is have wrestling matches and win them. The line between the heels and the faces is borderline non existent because basically nothing ever happens

Sylar

. A lot of the wrestlers and their gimmics on NXT are quite likeable, but I bet that dies for 99% of them as soon as they move over to the main shows, because they'd just become filler fodder within a few weeks.
The NXT champion, who was undefeated for 2 years and who is set for a feud with the badass Samoa Joe, just randomly shows up on Raw, without his manager/wife who is a big part of his act, then loses his debut match to Jeff Hardy (who has lost 8 or 9 matches in a row by that point, to other midcarders) by a roll up and feet on the ropes, within two minutes.

WWE are sabotaging their own best show.

choccy77

Big return tonight on Smackdown planned.

C.........Just kidding

But deffo the best looking woman on roster returning.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I've tried casully getting back into wrestling recently just as something to have on as backgound watching while I do uni work or exercise.

Haven't tried AEW yet but of the WWE stuff NXT is the only thing I can even stand. You actually get some semblance of decent story telling and reason to invest. Unlike Raw or Smackdown which are just generic borefests week after week. A lot of the wrestlers and their gimmics on NXT are quite likeable, but I bet that dies for 99% of them as soon as they move over to the main shows, because they'd just become filler fodder within a few weeks.

I mean Smackdown in particular has so many wrestlers on it who'd make great characters and storytellers if you gave them a story to tell...but unless they're fueding with Reigns they're basically pointless. RAW is even worse. Even the main eventers are just there to irrelevently plod along. The Nikki Cross stuff was cringey. I don't know if Lashley is meant to be a bad guy or not because all he does is have wrestling matches and win them. The line between the heels and the faces is borderline non existent because basically nothing ever happens
Yeah, how NXT wrestlers have been treated since being brought up to Raw and Smackdown definitely makes you question why you have any investment in NXT.

choccy77

Yeah, how NXT wrestlers have been treated since being brought up to Raw and Smackdown definitely makes you question why you have any investment in NXT.
Well to be fair Vince doesn't.

HHH must be really frustrated.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
A supposed star bragging about 77,000 women (aged 18-34, super important of course...) watching their show.

Stuff like this is why wrestling is in the shitter. The "stars" are as nerdy as the fans. Same with Britt Baker wondering if Meltzer will give her 5 stars after her Thunder Rosa match. It's all so needy and pathetic.

Big return tonight on Smackdown planned.

C.........Just kidding

But deffo the best looking woman on roster returning.
Alexa is on Raw though so not sure how she is returning.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Wonder if Brock will be back around the same time as that Chicago show...

choccy77

A supposed star bragging about 77,000 women (aged 18-34, super important of course...) watching their show.

Stuff like this is why wrestling is in the shitter. The "stars" are as nerdy as the fans. Same with Britt Baker wondering if Meltzer will give her 5 stars after her Thunder Rosa match. It's all so needy and pathetic.

Alexa is on Raw though so not sure how she is returning.
Haha hmmmmm joint best looking*

choccy77

AEW Big Return Update

The online pre-sale for AEW's Rampage taping on Friday 8/20 at the United Center in Chicago, which is all but promises to be the return of
CM Punk
to professional wrestling, kicked off 45 minutes ago and has already moved a massive amount of tickets.

Ekeke

Over 10k tickets already sold for AEW

Am I the only one that thinks the model graphic they use when Roman comes out looks like shit? Looks like it was made for WWE 2K18

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So fecking weird having Corbin back to being a heel, a week after what appeared to be the start of a face turn with his Owens interactions.

surely they could’ve put somebody else in that role?!

Weird.

The tickets selling so fast is great for AEW.. but people are there for one reason. If he doesn’t show up..jeez.

Minkaro

I hope that Chicago show has a better crowd than Fight for the Fallen did. Watching it now, Gage and Jericho might as well be wrestling in a library.

EvilChuck

MJF is such a good promo, my god. I am so hyped to see Juventud Guerrera wrestle again, despite the last time I saw him was with the Mexicools

Ekeke

So fecking weird having Corbin back to being a heel, a week after what appeared to be the start of a face turn with his Owens interactions.

surely they could’ve put somebody else in that role?!

Weird.

The tickets selling so fast is great for AEW.. but people are there for one reason. If he doesn’t show up..jeez.
What was the reason for their other sellouts?

sewey89

What was the reason for their other sellouts?
That one time they hyped a big new star and it ended up being Christian. Or that time they hyped up a bomb killing Dean ambrose and sparklers went off?

In all seriousness, did they sell out in 10 minutes too? If so, then fair play, I didn’t realise

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
That one time they hyped a big new star and it ended up being Christian. Or that time they hyped up a bomb killing Dean ambrose and sparklers went off?

In all seriousness, did they sell out in 10 minutes too? If so, then fair play, I didn’t realise
The scenes in Chicago if it's not punk.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It will be, they wouldn't do this teasing if it wasn't.

What would be stupid is delaying Hangman's moment for Punk or Bryan. Stopping an over young wrestler for part-timers in their 40s would be straight from WWE's playbook.

sewey89

It clearly will be punk. It absolutely HAS to be him. But feck me.. imagine it isn’t. Imagine it’s Mojo Rawley :lol:

Nico87

If he doesn’t sign It’d be great to have Cult of personality play and then MJF come out in a hoodie doing the whole it’s clobbering time shtick and then berating the crowd. Probably a bit too much of a rip off from Micheals and his “ who’s your Daddy Montreal?” segment. but that was one of the funniest most trollish things wrestling has ever done.

sewey89

Bray Wyatt released. What a absolute waste
Wow. I wonder if he’s asked for his release as I think he’s been struggling with his mental health?

They really killed the Fiend by feeding him to Goldberg though. As you say. What a waste

Castia

Bray Wyatt released. What a absolute waste
The Fiend in my opinion was the best thing to happen in wrestling for years. Absolutely brilliant character with the Firefly fun house stuff and the transformation to the fiend it was incredible.

When he won the title he should have ripped through the entire roster, I wonder what happened to go from undefeated world champ kicking out of every move to jobbing to Goldberg within 10 seconds.

AEW‘s roster is going to be absolutely insane WWE are releasing all the wrong talent