Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Ekeke

Have a feeling this is just scratching the surface with Vince.
Yes. And make no mistake, other powerful people in big companies will have their skeletons too. But if anyone is honest it would have been more surprising if Vince wasnt guilty of a bunch of stuff over all that time.

Ekeke

Gimme a break.

Mentioning Kingston in the same sentence as Foley should be a crime.
And Dusty. Some people get picked as the "everyman" who the person in the crowd or at home can relate to because they have their issues. If you connect with the crowd like that you're made, but its only a couple of people. They dont want to see everyone like that.

cyberman

Gimme a break.

Mentioning Kingston in the same sentence as Foley should be a crime.
He’s out of shape, looks like shit and talks like a 14 year old who just discovered tupac.
If he’s anybody it’s some random mid carder from ECW

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Eddie Kingston has one of the worst looks in wrestling. Looks like some guy who starts fights in a pub.

He looks like "The Great Antonio" guy who Antonio Inoki beat the shit out of for no selling.

Ekeke

AHH you gotta give details regarding 2.0

Not sure this one is on Cora, or the prop makers and management. If she was told not to pull it up like that I guess itd be her, but its pretty obvious thats what you'd do when hitting someone. So yeah

Indi's was just a mess up and then a panic finish. Would have been fine if she just did a clean roll up, schoolboy, etc. to recover but that was a weak one.

Sylar

The indi one was the worse one @Ekeke
Agree about the skateboard part, cos that looked outta Coras control

The indi one they could have just put in another spot or made that look better.

Guess thats part of their learning eh

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I like Indi but she looks a bit gangly to be doing a springboard spot even though it's her finisher/signature.

AEW have made blood in wrestling almost meaningless. Feels like every week someone gets busted open.

MUW4Eva

What has happened to Jinny? She hasn't wrestled in ages seemingly...

I thought that she was or is a very talented wrestler.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Banging main event and a surprise result! Look forward to seeing where the tag division goes from here.

Looking like the women’s tag division is now getting started too. Bet they’d love Sasha Banks to supercharge that.

cyberman

Turns out this isn’t true. Hard to disguise the fact this reporter simply got it wrong since it’s so close to July 18.
Wrestling journalism in a nutshell, it’ll be passed off as plan changed

Sylar

What a hack with no sources
Austin , Jericho , a lot of people follow him, mention him, have him on their podcast
Even cornette

Think denying he has sources is obviously wrong (as was seen with the Vince match at mania).

People take his opinions however too seriously

cyberman

Austin , Jericho , a lot of people follow him, mention him, have him on their podcast
Even cornette

Think denying he has sources is obviously wrong (as was seen with the Vince match at mania).

People take his opinions however too seriously
He gets too much wrong about WWE these days. Heyman, Austin, Jericho and Flair were his sources back in the day but his hit rate is poor now since Heyman left creative.

MC89

Supports
Celtic

Now this is the panic button.
Heard folk saying it’s going to be the attitude era all over again, it won’t be…. Most of the stuff they did/said wouldn’t be allowed nowadays unfortunately, for as much as I would love it to be but it’s a changed world now especially the woman segments/angles.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I'm watching 2001 WWF at the minute, just into the Invasion starting.

It's been so good binging it all, even though the Invasion is gonna be a mess. And the only real swearing is Austin calling people a bastard as a heel.

It was so much more than that, it really was attitude in general. Something that we just don't have now.

Even down to the camera angles being much, much better and more hectic.

Ekeke

If it happens I expect some swearing and occasional skimpy women segments from the onlyfans type females. Maybe a couple of matches more towards that idea as well, not quite bra and panties but something where a few layers of clothes come off with people like Mandy Rose and Carmella

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Heard folk saying it’s going to be the attitude era all over again, it won’t be…. Most of the stuff they did/said wouldn’t be allowed nowadays unfortunately, for as much as I would love it to be but it’s a changed world now especially the woman segments/angles.
It wasn't really the sexism and non pc trash talk that made the attitude era good. It was the fact the shows and feuds were actually well scripted and unpredictable.

Raw would be 2 hours of chaos instead of 3 hours of constantly advertising what's going to happen later in the show and throwing in some matches that are either pointless or a slight variation on the exact same match from last week

Sylar

It wasn't really the sexism and non pc trash talk that made the attitude era good. It was the fact the shows and feuds were actually well scripted and unpredictable.

Raw would be 2 hours of chaos instead of 3 hours of constantly advertising what's going to happen later in the show and throwing in some matches that are either pointless or a slight variation on the exact same match from last week
And also stories. Nearly every wrestler had a story and nearly every wrestler had a character, including midcard acts. I mean Oddities were over AF. 2 Cool with Rikishi, you had people that looked like superstars and didnt talk like robots. And also a shit load of catchphrases that crowds could get behind like the rock, austin, new age outlaws, dx, etc.

Russo gets a lot of shit, and rightfully so, but i think his peak was survivor series deadly game. The storytelling for that PPV, the number of threads, and the ultimate part leading to Rocks heel turn and immediately having austin and foley as challengers was brilliant.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
And also stories. Nearly every wrestler had a story and nearly every wrestler had a character, including midcard acts. I mean Oddities were over AF. 2 Cool with Rikishi, you had people that looked like superstars and didnt talk like robots. And also a shit load of catchphrases that crowds could get behind like the rock, austin, new age outlaws, dx, etc.

Russo gets a lot of shit, and rightfully so, but i think his peak was survivor series deadly game. The storytelling for that PPV, the number of threads, and the ultimate part leading to Rocks heel turn and immediately having austin and foley as challengers was brilliant.
Yeah exactly. Everything on the show would have a point and would be part of some story or other. No one was just in a match as a filler segment which seems to be 75% of WWE shows these days.

I would say the actual matches are much better quality now than they were then, but that doesn't work for me when there's no reason to care.

AEW for me is a lot better in that they will actually build stories and fueds and base the matches on their TV shows around that, but it's still all very scheduled and rigid. You don't get stories that run and twist through the course of the show like you would on old school raw or smackdown episodes.

Was that the Survivor Series with the big WWE title tournament? Probably my favourite ppv from that time. They knew they has a star in the rock by then I think, and Austin who was already there, but they played it brilliantly.

Sylar

Yeah exactly. Everything on the show would have a point and would be part of some story or other. No one was just in a match as a filler segment which seems to be 75% of WWE shows these days.

I would say the actual matches are much better quality now than they were then, but that doesn't work for me when there's no reason to care.

AEW for me is a lot better in that they will actually build stories and fueds and base the matches on their TV shows around that, but it's still all very scheduled and rigid. You don't get stories that run and twist through the course of the show like you would on old school raw or smackdown episodes.

Was that the Survivor Series with the big WWE title tournament? Probably my favourite ppv from that time. They knew they has a star in the rock by then I think, and Austin who was already there, but they played it brilliantly.
Yep that's the ppv. Deadly game also had badass music.

The lead upto it was sublime too with hindsight with all the rock and Vince stuff
And then the rock beating bossman (corporation) in 4 seconds, getting a dq win thanks to Kane and then the final where he's facing Foley , who was a pawn.
Genius stuff.

Not to mention undertaker and Kane both being used to get the title of Austin. Everything and everyone seemed to matter

Not everything hit, but as you said, it was must see, anything can happen.

MUW4Eva

What irritates me more than anything with wrestling TV these days, be it Raw, Smackdown, NXT 2.0, or Dynamite, is the advert breaks, the length of them, and the number of them, as it totally kills the flow of matches, and kills the momentum.

Imagine in a football game if there was a good attacking move that gets the fans excited, then there is a 5 minute advert break, that would really dampen the excitement a lot, it is the same here, there are just far too many advert breaks that last for for too long.

I of course understand fully why they have them (to make as much money as possible), but I am just speaking purely as a wrestling fan.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Really enjoyed Dynamite, particularly the first half.

Darby v Brody King was a pretty brutal drawn out squash match. That finisher :nervous:

The tag match was also pretty stiff with some nasty looking bumps. Mox took the awful waffle. :nervous:

Ricky Starks is gonna be a megastar.

The Jungle Boy bit was surprising.

The main event was sloppy to put it mildly. Not sure what was funnier, Jericho openly (and needlessly) blading his leg and tossing the blade to Aubrey or the codebreaker chair spot that looked like it broke his nose. Deary me :lol:

Sylar

Aew does a lot of great things, but some of the things I don't like:

-randon nxt (or lower WWE) guys coming and just being there. Nothing against people like tony neese and people on his level, but aew don't really need guys like him taking TV time away from guys like the acclaimed (or time that could be used for promos/vid packages for guys like Darby, Starks (though glad he got to talk this week), Pillman jr, yuta...)
-devastating moves just as transition moves or just another move. Especially pile-drivers, it's not even a shock somebody kicks out now cos it's now just used all the time
-blood (as above, it happens so much that it takes away the affect)
-gimmick matches (basically like above)
-promos in general (it's lacking something and noticeable with punk, omega, Cody, mjf not being there)
-too many titles

Saying that there's so much good stuff. And agreed with @CassiusClaymore - Starks is fantastic. I can see him smashing danhausen and possibly leading to him Vs hook?

Also agreed @Ekeke - that Dax promo was great. ftr are fantastic