Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
That was bizarre :lol:

Don't know why they kept rolling... Unless it was just a BT thing?

Anyway great show... Walter vs Sheamus match of the night (moty contender too) Main event and Riddle /Rollins also excellent.

Drew probably should have gone over though... But it would hurt their long term plan I guess.

Looks like the honeymoon period for Trips is over

What a crap ending
A weird ending doesn't make the show bad?

cyberman

What the feck is going on?
Just kept rolling for some reason.
If you have a chance these segments involving Stone Cold, Rock etc are on YouTube. Its bizarro world if you haven’t seen them before

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The booking and the ending was bad
Booking was fine throughout, just the main event with Drew not going over... But wrestling wise this was still a home run show.

They really should have put Drew over
.. Would have been an all timer moment.

Minkaro

All of that would have been improved had Fury not been there. Just have Uso 4 take out Theory, and don’t bother with the terrible Oasis song. Sorted.

Ekeke

Booking was fine throughout, just the main event with Drew not going over... But wrestling wise this was still a home run show.

After 2 years of feckery and interference in Roman's main events, he won by feckery and interference from another Uso.

Its copy paste

cyberman

People just get worked by the ending but can’t admit to getting worked so blame booking instead. In many respects it’s the only way to get close to Kayfabe

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
On the train home now and feels like the end of the world.

Brilliant show :lol: the booking in the main event up until the third uso ruined it was great, fair play I thought we were about to see history and was absolutely gutted :lol:

Fury borking Theory was class :lol:

Thought most matches were great, Morgan Probably the weakest along with the Rollins for me.

Heardy

Brilliant show :lol: the booking in the main event up until the third uso ruined it was great, fair play I thought we were about to see history and was absolutely gutted :lol:

Thought most matches were great, Morgan Probably the weakest along with the Rollins for me.
Totally agree with you mate. The acing the stadium, the mood was proper flat. The show had been great - Tyson stopping Theory from cashing in was funny, but can’t believe Drew didn’t get his moment.

Whether this was a test run and they’ll come back and have a rematch (maybe at Hampden Park / Wembley) next year.

The less said about the singalong the better…

Berbasbullet

Totally agree with you mate. The acing the stadium, the mood was proper flat. The show had been great - Tyson stopping Theory from cashing in was funny, but can’t believe Drew didn’t get his moment.

Whether this was a test run and they’ll come back and have a rematch (maybe at Hampden Park / Wembley) next year.

The less said about the singalong the better…
McIntyre and Fury clearly had no chemistry :lol: I found the awkwardness funny, can’t believed they aired the song along apparently!

Really done with Roman as champion now. Hope Cody hurry’s up and beats him.

Also Edge probably got the pop of the night along with Drew.

Heardy

McIntyre and Fury clearly had no chemistry :lol: I found the awkwardness funny, can’t believed they aired the song along apparently!

Really done with Roman as champion now. Hope Cody hurry’s up and beats him.

Also Edge probably got the pop of the night along with Drew.
Yeah. Me and my mate assumed the cameras would have stopped rolling. If didn’t give the crowd the feel good factor.

I swear Drew said about Sweet Caroline only for Tyson to refuse the Mic, Drew say he only knew the chorus and transition into a bit of Oasis - but of a car crash and mental it aired.

We’re we meant to know who that other Uso was? Me and my mate were like “who the feck is this”….

Berbasbullet

Yeah. Me and my mate assumed the cameras would have stopped rolling. If didn’t give the crowd the feel good factor.

I swear Drew said about Sweet Caroline only for Tyson to refuse the Mic, Drew say he only knew the chorus and transition into a bit of Oasis - but of a car crash and mental it aired.

We’re we meant to know who that other Uso was? Me and my mate were like “who the feck is this”….
Yeah I only knew because my mate told me :lol: not sure who he is to be fair.

The awkward sweet Caroline bit made me laugh, Fury wasn’t having it.

I do think Drew is quite an awkward baby face to be fair, but he deserved to win that. Crowd would have gone insane, need to split those titles.

Also, better dad than Benoit :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

It was very odd not to give the fans anything after waiting like 30 years since Summerslam. You'd think that either Sheamus or Drew would've gone over. Thought it was a little bit disrespectful if I'm honest. Not a single belt changed hands.

Berbasbullet

It was very odd not to give the fans anything after waiting like 30 years since Summerslam. You'd think that either Sheamus or Drew would've gone over. Thought it was a little bit disrespectful if I'm honest. Not a single belt changed hands.
Yeah that’s fair! Felt odd that nothing changed.

I had a super time despite that and thought it felt much more like an NXT ppv in a good way.

Heardy

Yeah I only knew because my mate told me :lol: not sure who he is to be fair.

The awkward sweet Caroline bit made me laugh, Fury wasn’t having it.

I do think Drew is quite an awkward baby face to be fair, but he deserved to win that. Crowd would have gone insane, need to split those titles.

Also, better dad than Benoit :lol:
:lol: Any idea if the Chris Benoit T shirt made it on to the tv broadcast??

Did you see the guy give the proper up close wanker hand signal behind Gunther before his ring walk? :lol:

Berbasbullet

:lol: Any idea if the Chris Benoit T shirt made it on to the tv broadcast??

Did you see the guy give the proper up close wanker hand signal behind Gunther before his ring walk? :lol:
It did! It’s doing the rounds online.

Yeah was funny watching the camera man frame the fans out.

The Hilton

McIntyre just got cheated out of the biggest match of his life, but it's all cool time for a singalong. Made him look like a right idiot.

The show on the surface was decent, some filler and a couple of great matches, but the crowd really elevated it. The ending was the usual boring Roman winning with interference, although I know a few folks on here enjoy his reign no matter the repetition, but surely we can all agree that the bit after was stupid.

Woodzy

Being there, thought it was shit until the main event where everything went up a level. Roman winning I think was actually quite cool, but that singalong at the end was a fecking joke

Chairman Steve

As a lapsed wrestling fan that hasn’t watched WWE since 2004 (started in 1997), I’m interested to see how an actual proper WWE PPV did in the UK, and not some glorified house show like Insurrextion and Rebellion were.

I did see that Taker was doing a one man show in Cardiff last night, which would have been more up my street than the current WWE product. Mark Calaway has been dedicated to that gimmick for nigh on 30 years and I hope he milks that circuit well.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Was a great show live the crowd were superb especially the Bailey stuff. Sheamus got an incredible hand and Edge got a massive reception. We left as soon as Roman won to get the train and now I've seen the end it was a good decision.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Three very good matches but no title changes and no significant outcomes makes it all somewhat pointless, and also makes it look like wwe just cheating out on non US based fans.

Really enjoyed the main event as a match, but Roman just beating everyone has been boring for a year now. Its gone well past the point where its building to anything, especially when he almost never beats anyone clean so actually just looks weak. Could have been an all time great moment to have Drew win, but instead the ending rendered the entire event completely pointless.

If WWE are supposed to know what they're doing under Triple H then I'm not sure what that ppv was all about. It was a load of nonsense bailed out by some very good wrestlers managing to make something out of it. The quality of the wrestling and the atmosphere of the crowd deserved better than the shite booking.

Sylar

Just got home :lol:
The crowd was fantastic all night

Loudest for edge and McIntyre. Crowd was insane for Edge. And of course Rollins song. Shame nakamura wasn't there, we do love a sing a long

And I'm shocked that song post main event apparently made ppv. Thought it stopped rolling as Roman left. The rest just felt like something for the crowd but insane it aired :lol:

Wrestling live is just something else. My voice is fecked

Traub

I don’t really watch anymore, but just dropping the title for a big pop would be pointless long term no? Isn’t it better for Triple H to keep the status quo with the title for now whilst they actually plan a long term championship storyline? They are still unwinding Vince’s madness, and Cody’s injury has not helped.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
I don’t really watch anymore, but just dropping the title for a big pop would be pointless long term no? Isn’t it better for Triple H to keep the status quo with the title for now whilst they actually plan a long term championship storyline? They are still unwinding Vince’s madness, and Cody’s injury has not helped.
He's been champion for 2 years and is part-time, only having wrestled about 3 times in 3 months. Him dropping the title needs doing, not because of the big pop, but because it's pathetic having him as champ without being a full-time performer.

The Hilton

I'm still thinking about that Sheamus Gunther match.

The IC title hasn't meant this much in years
Your latter statement isn't exactly a high bar, it didn't even make it onto multiple PPVs this year.

Having said that, it was a great, hard hitting match (easily match of the night), and definitely made the title seem like something worth fighting over.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
He's been champion for 2 years and is part-time, only having wrestled about 3 times in 3 months. Him dropping the title needs doing, not because of the big pop, but because it's pathetic having him as champ without being a full-time performer.
He's hardly part time. Just because he's not wrestling every week doesn't make him part time.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Just realised all out is tonight
It's a solid enough card but I'm not excited for it tbh. Feel AEW has gone a little stale recently. Perhaps this card will be used as a catalyst to freshen things up.

They need a new "era" as it were.