Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Sylar

I'm looking forward to the Rumble. Mania is my fav event to watch but the rumble itself as a match is probably my favourite.

Not sure that VISA issues plays out too well into an on air storyline.
They could still have a video package or just explain it. Aew used to at least try to be open. It's just weird that you got one of their biggest stars and no mentions of him. Especially after winning a title in the main event.
And no mention of the bucks either this week (unless they do on rampage)

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Favourite rumble? I know it's recent but honestly I could watch Drew's win (2020?) Over and over again. Lesnar eliminating more or less half the rumble, Drew eliminating Lesnar, edge returning. Fantastic Rumble all-round.

Charlie Foley

Usually try to catch the Royal Rumble as it’s often good fun although I watched one recently, probably last year’s, and it was shite.

since when do they do PPVs on a Saturday?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Saw Roman confirm no Rock at WM, as apparently Rock released a statement saying he wouldn't be ready? He also earmarked Sami and Cody as 2 potential winners.

Ekeke

LA Knight is the best thing in WWE right now in my opinion, might be the 1st man since Danielson to come out of a Wyatt feud better than when he went into it, Yeah!
Thats because he was doing nothing before it though. At least now hes on tv guaranteed.

Did like him coming out as old Bray though, got the crowd

Ekeke

In terms of winners of the RR, I would go with Sami due to having earned it whilst Cody has been away. Obviously theres been part timers winning it before. But I think Cody should work for next year instead

Obviously Sami doesnt look any kind of threat to Roman in the ring, and winning the Rumble wouldnt be the strongest way to get him ready. But he can get some big wins afterwards to make him look like a physical threat to Roman

Whoever eliminates Brock will be whoever Brock is with at mania. Probably Lashley from the buildup. Thats the only way he isnt winning it if hes in, if it leads to the feud for WM. Otherwise you just dont have Brock in the Rumble

manutddjw

The money is with Sami vs Roman at elimination chamber. It’s in Montreal. A Montreal crowd is great to begin with but if one of their own is going for the title it would be insane. It would probably eclipse money in the bank 2011

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Dunno why but I got a feeling they are certainly gonna use Stone Cold as an entrant and more randomly Hogan.

Ladron de redcafe

Favourite rumble? I know it's recent but honestly I could watch Drew's win (2020?) Over and over again. Lesnar eliminating more or less half the rumble, Drew eliminating Lesnar, edge returning. Fantastic Rumble all-round.
My top 10 are as follows:

1992: Flair winning the title in the best rumble ever. Star packed and perfect storytelling.

2008: Cena's return was one of the biggest surprises in Rumble history. Buffer announcing made everything feel special.

2007: easily the best finish in Rumble history for me with Shawn and Taker putting on a classic minimatch to end it.

1999: Russo's fingerprints all over this one, and while many people hate, I thought it was one of the most enjoyable rumbles. The backstage action and the cash prize Mcmahon put on Austin created some different dynamic.

2002: again, star packed. The Undertaker Maven spot still gets talked about. And HHH outpopped Austin and everyone else there. Great finish going back to the HHH vs Angle feud.

1996: most of it was plodding but it really picked up at the end.

2001: Attitude era feel to a Rumble match. Kane looked like a monster during this. And this helped build Austin again.

2003: relatively short. I remember the intervals between entrances being shortened and the match went by pretty quickly. Taker made a comeback after being off tv for a short while, and it was nice to see Taker vs Brock there.

2000: Wasn't as star packed as other years but there were plenty of interesting bits, such as Chyna being in there.

I can't say I've enjoyed ANYTHING after 2013. 2014 and 2015 were absolutely awful but nothing in recent years was that much better.

manutddjw

2001 is my favourite. 2005 is criminally underrated. The face off between raw and smack down was the first time the brand split felt legit, plus the Muhammad Hassan spot and Daniel purer being beaten up.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Yeah probably my favourite. Some of the early attitude era ones are good just for the insanity.

I thought last year's was good fun even though a lot of people seemed to hate it.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
LA Knight is the best thing in WWE right now in my opinion, might be the 1st man since Danielson to come out of a Wyatt feud better than when he went into it, Yeah!
Not sure he's my favourite thing in WWE, but one of the best things to happen under HHH was getting him away from the stupid fashion presenter gimmick.

He was entertaining in NXT and at least now he'll get a chance to do the same on the main roster.

Andy_Cole

Looking at the results of prior rumbles. Damn is Roman Reigns the biggest loser? He’s been in the final 2 like 7 times and won it the once.

Berbasbullet

Lets make some predictions then.

Winner: Cody
Surprise entrants: Stone Cold, Shawn Michaels, couple of people from NXT

Sylar

Smackdown was great. Perfect build to the rumble , and the tag matches were good too.
So glad LA knight is being given a chance to promo, shame that he's 40.
Also liked Xavier's promo and mentioning that smackdown is efficient :lol:

Apparently men's rumble opens the show?
Assuming lashley eliminates Lesnar (or double elimination) but would he great to see these two brawling and Gunther to dump them both out.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Smackdown was great. Perfect build to the rumble , and the tag matches were good too.
So glad LA knight is being given a chance to promo, shame that he's 40.
Also liked Xavier's promo and mentioning that smackdown is efficient :lol:

Apparently men's rumble opens the show?
Assuming lashley eliminates Lesnar (or double elimination) but would he great to see these two brawling and Gunther to dump them both out.
Fantastic if true, I can go to bed earlier.

paulscholes18

Think that kid knows his wrestling going with the same winners as I think, Cody and Ripley, though I want Sami to do it

noodlehair

"It's like..."
That rules out Sammy winning it anyway unless something very weird is going to happen later in the show

Berbasbullet

Love Gunter, saw him as Walter against the NXT guy with the moustache in an absolute banger at a takeover, and at COTC.

Needs to be world champion.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Absolute result, Im in work at 10 tomorrow.

I say this like I'm not gonna try and watch it all.