Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Oh WWE... Always find a way to make people moan :lol:

I was hoping for a Jericho win, thought it would happen for a minute too

Hal9000

Orton is boring. And we will probably see Cena v Orton again. They're not giving the title to Cena to see him lose it straight away, surely?

The only an Orton title match will be good is if he loses to Wyatt.
Wyatt will win it at EC and it'll be Orton vs Wyatt.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I was so excited by the possibilities of number 30 after undertaker came out at 29:

Finn Balor returns (although he has injury)
Seth Rollins gatecrashing
Samoa Joe coming in and winning... What title will he go for?
Kurt Angle for nostalgia
AJ Styles forces his way into WM main event
HHH comes in and gets screwed over by Rollins

But they decided to make us hate Roman Reigns instead :lol:

Last edited:

Woodzy

I saw a clip of The Undertaker taking that spear from Goldberg. fecking hell, that was awful.

I'm not sure who can get a good match out of The Undertaker at this point but it certainly won't be Reigns.

Name Changed

weso26
The worst thing is that they will probably try push Reigns even further down our throat by finishing off the Undertaker's career.

Name Changed

weso26
I was so excited by the possibilities of number 30 after undertaker came out at 29:

Finn Balor returns (although he has injury)
Seth Rollins gatecrashing
Samoa Joe coming in and winning... What title will he go for?
Kurt Angle for nostalgia
AJ Styles forces his way into WM main event
HHH comes in and gets screwed over by Rollins

But they decided to make us hate Roman Reigns instead :lol:
It was such a waste. Rollins, Angle, Joe and Balor (if fit) should all have been in it. What was the point in Rawley or Ellesworth for example?

Reigns coming in at 30 made a very mediocre Rumble into a shite one

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
It was such a waste. Rollins, Angle, Joe and Balor (if fit) should all have been in it. What was the point in Rawley or Ellesworth for example?

Reigns coming in at 30 made a very mediocre Rumble into a shite one
And Enzo at 27? What the feck. Would have been hilarious if he was number 2 after that big ass entrance he gave Cass :lol:

Woodzy

I just can't see what having Orton won it achieves either.

I know the Rumble is usually won by one of the top guys, but I think now was the time for someone like Bray, Balor or Rollins to win it, just to name a few.

Name Changed

weso26
I just can't see what having Orton won it achieves either.

I know the Rumble is usually won by one of the top guys, but I think now was the time for someone like Bray, Balor or Rollins to win it, just to name a few.
They could have made a star out of somebody. Instead they use it to push one of the most boring guys in it. All he has is one great move.

Mark_GrumpyLion

Having mulled it over, I think the Rumble under delivered even if the PPV in it's whole was great. Having all the old folks come in late, having Reigns come in at 30 and deflate the crowd and having some guys be in there long without doing anything made the Rumble a bit of a drag really. I get the idea of placing Reigns to ensure that Randy gets cheers when winning, and I am pretty confident that they won't go for Cena/Orton again. Pretty sure Cena loses it in the Chamber in two weeks and goes back to Hollywood for a while after Mania.

It's just a bit rough. Dean, Miz and AJ have carried the Smackdown brand and AJ had a great match but lost and Dean & Miz both did nothing in the Rumble and Dean was eliminated like a chump. No real surprises besides Tye. No noteworthy spots and even Kofi's stick didn't really do anything for me.

However, all the other matches on the main card were (pardon the pun) Phenomenal. For now, I can see Mania like this:

Wyatt (C) vs Orton in a D-Bry style match at the start of the show like when Sheamus won the rumble.
Lesnar vs Goldberg. Yawn
Taker vs Roman. They should make Roman the heel for this match and give him the heat of Retiring the Dead man, possibly in a very nasty oh god please just stop hitting moves on that old geezer way. But they won't, Taker will be the heel for the storyline and it will end in Taker rubbing Roman's balls publicly to put him over or something.
Jericho vs Owens - Title for Title. Cheap way to get both belts in a single match too.
Seth vs Triple H.
Show vs Shaq
Strowman winning the ARMBAR
IC Title clusterfeck with Dean, Miz, Harper, Crews and somehow Sami who wins it and moves to Smackdown.

Rooney1987

The worst thing is that they will probably try push Reigns even further down our throat by finishing off the Undertaker's career.
I really don't like this opinion with wrestling fans. He's spent the majority of the past year in the mid card and DIDN'T win the rumble. WWE know's the reaction Roman at 30 would get and it's working. If people really think Vince put Reigns at 30 to get him over I don't know what to tell you other then you should probably stop watching now.

Roman is a talented guy who can go in the ring and gets no credit at all. He can put on a good match with Taker. For what it's worth I think Taker will be at Mania 34 in New Orleans too. He was at the launch for 34 and makes sense for a story go back to the place he got beat. That's when he'll go in to HOF.

Name Changed

weso26
I really don't like this opinion with wrestling fans. He's spent the majority of the past year in the mid card and DIDN'T win the rumble. WWE know's the reaction Roman at 30 would get and it's working. If people really think Vince put Reigns at 30 to get him over I don't know what to tell you other then you should probably stop watching now.

Roman is a talented guy who can go in the ring and gets no credit at all. He can put on a good match with Taker. For what it's worth I think Taker will be at Mania 34 in New Orleans too. He was at the launch for 34 and makes sense for a story go back to the place he got beat. That's when he'll go in to HOF.
Vince clearly wants him as the face of the company. If he didn't, Reigns would be a monster heel. He'd be absolutely hated. He would be huge.

Of course Reigns was put in to get over. He was already in a brilliant match with Owens where he got decimated by Strowman and then they have him come out and nearly win the Rumble, and also knocking out the Undertaker.

He hasn't really been on the midcard anyway for that much time. And when he was he was nearly always feuding for the US title anyway. Plus he was only moved to the midcard in the first place because he's a juicehead.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I skimmed through the Rumble in about 10 minutes and still felt like I'd wasted my time.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
That would have been fecking genius. Leaving the two in the ring jabbering on until a 3rd shows up.
Imagine it: Cass gets in the ring. Enzo music appears. Enzo has shocked look on his face. Runs back to the entrance door then comes back in and they spend two minutes high fiving each other :lol:

Vince clearly wants him as the face of the company. If he didn't, Reigns would be a monster heel. He'd be absolutely hated. He would be huge.

Of course Reigns was put in to get over. He was already in a brilliant match with Owens where he got decimated by Strowman and then they have him come out and nearly win the Rumble, and also knocking out the Undertaker.

He hasn't really been on the midcard anyway for that much time. And when he was he was nearly always feuding for the US title anyway. Plus he was only moved to the midcard in the first place because he's a juicehead.
I think they thought they were being clever by bringing in Reigns as it would make poeplr cheer Randy and start his feud with taker. Instead, all it did is leave a sour memory of what I thought was a decent rumble, because the end is what most people remember...

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Imagine it: Cass gets in the ring. Enzo music appears. Enzo has shocked look on his face. Runs back to the entrance door then comes back in and they spend two minutes high fiving each other :lol:

I think they thought they were being clever by bringing in Reigns as it would make poeplr cheer Randy and start his feud with taker. Instead, all it did is leave a sour memory of what I thought was a decent rumble, because the end is what most people remember...
Yup, I thought it was a good enough Rumble, but the moment his music hit, it sucked the air out of the room. Then to have him eliminate the Undertaker.... in Texas!

I kinda pity Reigns, he'd have been fine if he wasn't so fecking forced.

Name Changed

weso26
I'm not so sure it was to get Randy cheered. He'd be cheered a bit anyway. I just think Vince is blind when it comes to Reigns. Maybe it could be a bit of both.

If they wanted to put Orton over huge they could have had him eliminate Goldberg or someone as well. Imagine coming out on top of a final four of Goldberg, Orton, Reigns and Wyatt.

Orton getting cheered because of Reigns losing is a short term thing, one night only. He now is going to have to be built up all the way to Wrestlemania. And he has to get the title, otherwise it's a complete waste of having him win the Rumble. Ultimately the crowd always gets bored of him because his promos are so bad. He has one great move and that's all people want to see anymore.

JP77

Orton didn't need Reigns in to get cheered. The dude has been getting huge reactions lately. Seeing a lot of people saying Reigns was there to stop Orton getting booed, I'm not seeing that what so ever.

gormless

Yup, I thought it was a good enough Rumble, but the moment his music hit, it sucked the air out of the room. Then to have him eliminate the Undertaker.... in Texas!

I kinda pity Reigns, he'd have been fine if he wasn't so fecking forced.
Thats the thing. He's actually very very good. He's just rammed down our throats to the point where he has become what Batista was in 2013, except without the years of goodwill Batista had built up.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Orton didn't need Reigns in to get cheered. The dude has been getting huge reactions lately. Seeing a lot of people saying Reigns was there to stop Orton getting booed, I'm not seeing that what so ever.
I'm inclined to agree with you, Orton got a big pop when he entered to rumble, I think the crowd would have reacted positively he defeated someone other than Reigns.

Minkaro

Might have fallen asleep during the Reigns/Owens match (honestly, that's not a shot at Reigns). I am failure.

The Charlotte/Bayley match was good, and now I'm going to write thoughts about the rest of the show as I see it. Spent today avoiding spoilers.

Roman Reigns vs. Kevin Owens

I suffer from vertigo (well, not often, I tend to avoid high things), and I feel so sorry for Jericho. I mean, he's probably fine, but I'd likely have wet myself as soon as the cage started raising.
How long has the German announce table been out by the ring? Maybe they can leave the Spanish ann...nope, Kevin just tore the top off that one.
Roman's "the hell is this?" reaction to the chair structure is great.
I'm suddenly getting flashbacks to heel Regal.
I'm impressed that Roman hit that Samoan Drop onto the chair, considering he was staggering about and it was behind him. Would have been easy to miss it.
Oh that fall through the chairs was nasty. Really cool spot too, I haven't seen that sort of thing in WWE before, I don't think.
Braun! I actually really like Roman's determination to hit the Spear coming back to bite him. Corey said before even that table powerbomb that Reigns could have pinned Owens, and it was the same again there. If he'd just pinned him, he'd be champion.
Great match. I'm sure these two would put on a good singles match, but adding the No DQ stipulation really helped. I'd love to see a super gimmicky Falls Count Anywhere match between the two of them.

Doing a promo about KFC Gold. Not including Goldust. feck this company. I DEMAND A REFUND.

Rich Swann vs. Neville

Almost a complete switch in styles from that first match.
That hurricanrana off the top though.
Good match. Think it could have been better, but still had its moments.

AJ Styles vs. John Cena

Aside from the Rumble, this is the one I've looked forward to seeing the most.
It's been a year now, and I'm still struggling to get used to AJ Styles in the WWE.
Oh wow, Mauro calling the Torture Rack by its proper name. We've come a long way from "WHATTA MANOOVER"
Cena seems more aggressive in this match, and seemed more arrogant in his promo on the last Smackdown. I like it.
Wait a minute, did Mauro just say Pele Kick, but pronouncing Pele the way it should be? I love that man.
I will never stop marking for guys stealing each other's moves. I used to do it all the time on the WWE games, almost like a "gimmick"
Cena's Sunslet Flip is glorious.
Loved that. That roll through into the second AA was great.

Royal Rumble

This is probably just going to be a list of names with exclamation points.
Big Cass out first. Also Enzo for some reason. Yep, Enzo's going to the back so his work is done. Would have been cool if he was #2 actually.
That ramp is so long. It's taking them ages just to get to the ring. This is where you need Bull Dempsey, a spot where he has to stop halfway down would be great.
So Jack Gallagher is the first 2017 Royal Rumble elimination.
TYE DILLINGER!
Braun just destroyed Ellsworth.
I love how Goldberg, Brock and Taker are all clearly entering late because of their stature/energy levels.
Luke Harper just handed in his Wyatt Family notice!
Lesnar's 26. My sweepstake is 27, do I get Goldberg?
Oh feck my life.
Sweepstakes are dumb anyway.
So Undertaker 29 or 30, still time for a shock entrant.
Cole sounds funny here. He keeps sounding like he's talking through a megaphone or something.
Oh, it's Reigns. Across the world televisions fear for their safety.
Wow, the bookies were right. Orton wins the 2017 Rumble.

Sylar

I had no issues with the Rumble itself and was thinking the whole PPV was pretty much 8.5-9/10... until Romans music hit :lol:
But again, the sad thing is we wont get Cena/Taker at WM. Again.

Charlotte/Bayley was good
The CW title went to the right person.
Owens/Roman was a good brawl and Braun coming out was great.
AJ/Cena was fantastic. I have no problem with Cena winning, its just the promo he cut on AJ on the SD before, it was totally unnecessary. I want to see if they follow up on it, but its basically what people complained about HHH during his 2002 run.
He would wreck somebody on the mic... then beat them proving he was right doh.

As for the Rumble, The whole Brock/Goldberg thing was funny and was well done imo (despite earlier claims that I wish it was somebody more long term that was doing it to Brock instead of Goldberg).
Then the Goldberg/Taker face off was exactly what I wanted.
Braun looked like an absolute monster and that helped Corbin cos hes the one who eliminated him.
Harper going for the Sister Abigail on Bray was fantastic.

Then the last part, which everybody remembers and helps shape peoples opinions of the show. I think they could have achieved the same thing by not having Roman as 30.

For example, Corbin is the dominant one, but then Braun is the one that eliminates him. (could have him eliminate New Day, Cesaro, Sheamus as well)
Then he has his face to face with Taker. Roman instead of being 30 comes out for revenge and instead misses Braun and superman punches Taker which causes his elimination - to set up their match (and still piss people off Roman did that).

I do wish it was Bray winning the Rumble (instead of Orton) and then Orton winning the title at EC.
Oh well...

Robertd0803

Cena vs AJ was predictably brilliant.
Charlotte vs Bayley was very good but there is no one left to challenge Charlotte now. Beating all her challengers cleanly (as good as) may not be the best idea in hindsight.
Owens v Reigns was pretty good.
Didn't get a stuff about the cruiserweight match.

As for the Rumble match I groaned when Strowman got eliminated by Corbin of all people. Way to go, build him up as a dominant monster only to have him turfed out by his equivalent on Smackdown who hasn't been built up anywhere near as well.
Expected more from Miz.
From Brauns elimination it was pretty much a holding pattern until Brock/Taker/Goldberg came out and you knew that people were just filling the ring to be eliminated by them.
It was pretty exciting waiting for number 30, was hoping was Angle was hoping it wasn't Balor and it turns out to be Reigns???? Seriously he already lost his title match earlier how many chances does a guy get??
Brock destroying people was fun and him being eliminated quickly by Goldberg was a lot easier to handle than Survivor Series.
Taker looked in awful condition, out of shape and barely able to move, and really took it easy with his elimination.
Orton winning is stupid, ffs leave Bray win instead if they have to go that route. Another Mania feud that doesn't need the title involved.

Im not sure WWE know what to do with the Rumble anymore to be honest judging by the last few years.

JP77

I'm inclined to agree with you, Orton got a big pop when he entered to rumble, I think the crowd would have reacted positively he defeated someone other than Reigns.
The only way they'd have booed Orton is if he eliminated an absolute darling (I.E Bryan). No chance he get's booed otherwise. The dude has been way over since the Wyatt angle started, he's been getting massive reactions every single week on Smackdown.

Don't get me wrong, personally I didn't want him to win it but I'm not understanding where people are getting the idea that Reigns was solely there so that the crowd didn't boo Orton (and Orton isn't even really a guy the fans have ever turned on in that way either). Expect the reaction will also be huge when Orton finally RKO's Bray.

Robertd0803

Charlotte vs Bayley was very good but there is no one left to challenge Charlotte now. Beating all her challengers cleanly (as good as) may not be the best idea in hindsight.
Owens v Reigns was pretty good.
Didn't get a stuff about the cruiserweight match.

As for the Rumble match I groaned when Strowman got eliminated by Corbin of all people. Way to go, build him up as a dominant monster only to have him turfed out by his equivalent on Smackdown who hasn't been built up anywhere near as well.
Expected more from Miz.
From Brauns elimination it was pretty much a holding pattern until Brock/Taker/Goldberg came out and you knew that people were just filling the ring to be eliminated by them.
It was pretty exciting waiting for number 30, was hoping was Angle was hoping it wasn't Balor and it turns out to be Reigns???? Seriously he already lost his title match earlier how many chances does a guy get??
Brock destroying people was fun and him being eliminated quickly by Goldberg was a lot easier to handle than Survivor Series.
Taker looked in awful condition, out of shape and barely able to move, and really took it easy with his elimination.
Orton winning is stupid, ffs leave Bray win instead if they have to go that route. Another Mania feud that doesn't need the title involved.

Im not sure WWE know what to do with the Rumble anymore to be honest judging by the last few years.

Sylar

If it was Orton and Bray final 2, the crowd might have been mixed.
With Orton and Roman as the last 2, they were fully behind Orton and feel like his win saved it.
Im not saying thats the reason, but its a possible reason. and it did work.

Probably Nia.
Also Deja Vu double post lol.;

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Looking back the rumble match is probably worse that I originally said. That middle was so pointless, where they just had random guys coming in and doing nothing, simply filling the match up for Lesnar to come in and destroy everyone. You still had Dean Ambrose who is supposed to be a big star and people love as well as Corbin and Zayn who should have been the focus and tease those three maybe actually winning. Instead we were just waiting around until the end when the big guys show up. Ambrose's elimination didn't mean anything, same with Corbin after being the one to eliminate Strowman. Miz, despite being on one of the best runs of his career did feck all in this rumble. He was pretty much anonymous and I'm not saying he should win but he should have some presence during the down period of the match. I was shocked to see he was in there for over 30 mins because I can't remember a single thing he did.

Also I'm still really pissed off about leaving out Samoa Joe.

Sylar

I just watched bits of the Rumble again. It was funny as feck.
The way the following got eliminated:
Sami, Rusev, Dean, Ziggler, Harper, Miz, Corbin was like they were nothing.
By 40-50 year olds as well (albeit Goldberg, Taker and Brock.)

It reminded me of a few years ago when Big Show/Kane just dumped people out like they were trash :lol:

Reign coming out at 30 is still so funny, its gold. It really needs to be the start of heel Reigns towards WM and him retiring Taker. That could be fantastic. :lol:

Ludens the Red

:lol: What is it with Roman Reigns and the Royal Rumble? It's like they put him in these situations which he will never come out of looking good or pleasing the crowd. Maybe it's the build up to a Taker match but even then they could have found a better fecking way than that. Poor guys got no chance.

Woodzy

I also find it hilarious that they have set up two potential matches for Reigns at Mania.

When it Reigns, it pours, ey?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
It's probably me but the way Goldberg is eliminated makes it feel more like a botch job... or his acting is really good.

Robertd0803

If it was Orton and Bray final 2, the crowd might have been mixed.
With Orton and Roman as the last 2, they were fully behind Orton and feel like his win saved it.
Im not saying thats the reason, but its a possible reason. and it did work.

Probably Nia.
Also Deja Vu double post lol.;
The only problem with Nia being a challenger is the heel/heel dynamic, would be interesting to see how that would work out.

LawCharltonBest

Enjoys watching fox porn
Are WWE purposefully trying to get Reigns hated? Genuine question

Because it's either that or the worst booking EVER!

I actually like him as a wrestler. He's underrated in the ring. But feck, he gets shot after shot after shot. It doesn't seem to matter how often he loses, he still gets another shot. And having him enter the Rumble despite losing his title shot earlier, then eliminating the crowd favorite, Undertaker. Why?!

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Also Wyatt came out on one but I can't find the tweet with the picture of him as well :lol:

EDIT: I feel sorry for Reigns. He's done the absolute best with what he's given to work with and he always puts on a good match but when he's booked in a way that'll make the crowd go for this throat it fecks things up for him (as a face).

Minkaro

It's probably me but the way Goldberg is eliminated makes it feel more like a botch job... or his acting is really good.
You don't get cast in Looney Tunes: Back in Action without being a damn fine actor, so it's this one.

MoneyMay

You're right, he didn't. However, he was needed for the finish to go well. Reigns - for the second year running - stopped a RR winner from receiving backlash. It was another case of anyone but Reigns, and I feel WWE's troll job worked. It seems to me that Reigns was booked last minute and was booked solely for the heat he would generate. Which worked well as the finish to the match was pretty much over. I'm not even mad that Orton won. The RR has generally been more about the top stars rather than upcoming stars. Last time a rookie won the RR was Lesnar in '02. Anyway, I'm happy that Wyatt is about to get his shine (long overdue).

Ludens the Red

Last time a rookie won the RR was Lesnar in '02. Anyway, I'm happy that Wyatt is about to get his shine (long overdue).
Triple h won the 2002 RR. Also the likes of Batista, Del Rio, Sheamus, Mysterio, Benoit all won it as non established stars.