Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Mystry

Friendship is magic
They've really fecked up Asuka. They can pat themselves on the back for having the women main event yet they couldn't even come up with anything for their other female champion to do. Mania is going to end up with three womens matches, one of which is a battle royale.

Sylar

Asuka in the back cheering on new day like she's still champ.

Also seems like raw womens title is the only one on the line right now
Guessing it will be added next raw?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
The only match I have absolutely no interest in is Triple H Batista. Ill happily have a shit and a cig during that match.

Don't care much for drew/roman either but happy for drew so will watch.

Don't care about angle simply because I don't care for corbin. I get it though, when you leave you put someone else over. Old school.

A surprising lack of promotion for Brock/Seth.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Another swerve in the women's story. Charlotte beats Asuka for the Smackdown title. I'm guessing both will be on the line at Mania.
The first all women Mania main event, completely undercut by the fact that they are unable to get another singles women's match on the card.

Dreadful booking this - adds nothing to the match and achieves nothing other then Asuka looking weak. Charlotte was already in the main event of Mania and is pushed heavily... winning this title adds nothing for her.

Andersons Dietician

Damn sky must have switched the channel again as Smackdown didn’t tape. Did I just read Charlotte beat Askua for the title?

If Becky is winning this match let’s be honest, Charlottes going to be the fall guy but at this point they might as well add Askua to the match just to screw it up a little more.

dbryan

Alright guys. Went to see Bret Hart in Manchester back in 2014 and it was class, got an evening with Giggs next Friday as well. Anyway my point is anyone know where I can find a list or does anyone know of any up coming events coming up with wrestlers? Can't find much on google. Cheers.

SparkedIntoLife

I've been thinking about the three Mania main events and what will happen. There are 3 very strong faces in Becky, Rollins and Kofi. It's been a long time since WWE had such significant face support for people in main events; probably not this much since WrestleMania 30 with Daniel Bryan. I think a lot of people are expecting all 3 to win but I believe only 1 will. Here are my predictions and a little bit of fantasy booking.

Ronda/Becky/Charlotte:
There will be some sort of scenario where all are locked in a submission (i.e. Ronda in the Figure Eight from Charlotte while holding Becky in an Armbar while Becky has one of Charlotte's bridged arms in a one-armed Disarm Her). It will look a bit weird but anatomically is possible, I think. Anyway, there's a race for who will make who tap. Charlotte passes out to the pain of Becky's Disarm Her. Becky is declared the winner but will then pass out herself to Ronda's Armbar. Mania ends with Becky groggily waking up and celebrating lying with a single arm raised in victory. This protects Ronda and she is kept away from Becky for a whole year til WrestleMania 36, aside from an inter-promotional Four Horsewoman of the WWE vs. Four Horsewoman of the UFC match at Survivor Series. A decision would also be announced on Raw the night after Mania that, due to Becky passing out shortly after Charlotte did, Rousey retains the Raw Women's Title and Becky wins the SmackDown equivalent.

Lesnar/Rollins:
Basically everyone wants Rollins to win but I can see WWE screwing with us by Lesnar retaining. The motivation will be to keep Lesnar around for at least another year and to use his status as Universal Champion to bait the likes of McGregor and Gronkowski to sign for WWE.

Bryan/Kingston:
It's being set up for the perfect good guy triumph, after overcoming such odds. However, there's been so much focus on Kofi actually getting a Mania title shot as opposed to him winning. He's achieved that. The actual winning the belt bit can come later. I've got a strange feeling John Cena will be finally turning heel in 2019. What does that have to do with this match? I can see Cena (no pun intended) being made guest referee. He'll 'accidentally' cost Kofi the win. He won't appear at all until the first SmackDown on Fox Network in October where he'll apologise to Kofi for the 'accident' at Mania. By this point, Lesnar and Bryan have swapped brands and Kofi won't have had revenge against Bryan or any further title shots. Anyway, Kofi will treat Cena with scepticism. For a few weeks, Cena will play nice. Bryan and Kofi will lead the Raw and SD teams at Survivor Series and the final 3 will be Bryan vs. Kofi and Cena. Cena then turns heel on Kofi and Bryan wins. In subsequent weeks, Cena will reveal that he helped Bryan at Mania/Survivor Series because 1) he wants to get back with Nicki Bella and she's Bryan's sister in law, 2) he's sick of consumerism and being marketed to the kids and 3) he thinks Kofi is a B Plus Player. This leads to a big feud between them which Kofi gets the better of. It builds up to a rematch between Bryan and Kofi at WrestleMania 36 where Kofi finally wins a top title.

dbryan

In my view, I agree that all 3 faces are not going over. Wouldn't be a problem for me as Mania is your pay off and there is not problem with all 3 going over to have your feel good moments as that what WrestleMania is for me.

Think Kofi will come up just short. I believe it will be a heartbreaking loss and that will be as close as he gets (personally I would like to see him win it) then maybe drop it next month at Backlash, but think Bryan retains.

Think Rollins will beat Brock, although I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if Brock retains. Remember last year vs Reigns.

Think Becky wins the main event and we end the show with the four horsewomen of WWE/NXT (Becky, Charlotte, Bayley & Sasha) all holding up their titles whilst the four horsewomen of UFC (Ronda, Shayna Baszler Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir) in a big stare down at the end.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Old man Vince sold off another load of WWE stock to fuel that ridiculous waste of money, the XFL.

I have a feeling that this might the final Mania that he will have total control over and if that's the case I'm going for Charlotte, Brock and Kofi wins. Charlotte and Brock to fuel his desires and Kofi to quell the internet outrage.

Sylar

I could see them doing something like Big E turning on Kofi. Which wouldnt make sense at all given SD but who knows.

Just want the title taken away from Brock. Dont care who does it at this point, but Rollins doing it would be great.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
One of Kofi or Seth will lose I think.... and I think the most likely to lose from Rollins - as his match with Brock has got quite cold, and they probably want Brock's big loss to be a bigger moment then this will be sat in the middle of the Mania card.

Anything could happen with Kofi and Bryan... the dramatic loss would make for some great storytelling - plus I think they definitely want to go to Bryan vs. Owens and Bryan vs. Ali as feuds after Mania. If Kofi does win then yeah, he could drop it at Backlash, or we could have a triple threat New Day match first (which was set-up a bit on Smackdown)... though not sure if any of them would benefit as being single stars in the long run (maybe Big E, but Woods would surely get lost in the shuffle).

Becky is a lock to win I think. It's closing the show, so yeah, she's going to win... and then her and Charlotte will be friends and both hold up their titles, and then Sasha and Bayley will come out and hold up theirs, and then I'll vomit.

Andersons Dietician

The entirety of the Smackdown's women division was blood sacrificed to add pointless prestige to the triple threat.
So guess it’ll be a triple threat unification bought or is this just away to have Becky win by pinning Charlotte and giving her the Smackdown title and Ronda keeps her Raw title. Or will the golden child pin Becky and be the first unified woman’s champion.

MJJ

Becky is a lock to win I think. It's closing the show, so yeah, she's going to win... and then her and Charlotte will be friends and both hold up their titles, and then Sasha and Bayley will come out and hold up theirs, and then I'll vomit.
:lol: This is so happening.

Also hope Rollins wins more than Kofi.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
I'd rather Rollins be the one who wins than Kofi. As nice a moment it would for Kofi, Raw not having the title around creates so many problems. Besides it feels like McIntyre is being set up for a run with the belt and he's more likely to beat babyface Rollins that heel Brock.

Minkaro

I could see them doing something like Big E turning on Kofi. Which wouldnt make sense at all given SD but who knows.

Just want the title taken away from Brock. Dont care who does it at this point, but Rollins doing it would be great.
A Big E turn would be absolutely hilariously insane. This being WWE, you can't rule it out.

Andersons Dietician

I'd rather Rollins be the one who wins than Kofi. As nice a moment it would for Kofi, Raw not having the title around creates so many problems. Besides it feels like McIntyre is being set up for a run with the belt and he's more likely to beat babyface Rollins that heel Brock.
In recent weeks DC has said he is probably going to Mania, Blaydes has called out Santos, Jones is calling out Stipe and as it is DC is sitting pretty with nothing going on. He is waiting for that Summer Brock fight which is when I think Brock will also be Usada clear so I really can’t see Brock walking out of Mania with the title.

Not if he intends to fight DC in July or something.He has to be losing it.

Sylar

Hes gonna have one match, probably his last.
And HHH is putting his career of having one match a year on the line.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Not the publicity Vince wants on Wrestlemania week...

As much as I can't stand Oliver, plenty of good points are made in the video. Vince will be seething at him trying to get fans to hijack Mania with chants.

Sylar

Whilst the points Oliver made are good (and its been going on for a while) nothing will happen. Vince wont care.

The whole independent contractor thing has been BS for a long time but only the government imo can change that (headed by Vinces buddy Trump).

And remember, this is a fanbase that gets annoyed about Saudi, and all that, and complains about people in main events, yet when it comes to it, they shit over a Rollins/Ziggler main event by doing count downs, they chant Vinces music and do the were not worthy when he comes out.
Sure they bood Roman and all that, but that didnt affect Vince at all.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Not the publicity Vince wants on Wrestlemania week...

As much as I can't stand Oliver, plenty of good points are made in the video. Vince will be seething at him trying to get fans to hijack Mania with chants.
Unfortunately, the video's not available now. I wonder if I can find it elsewhere.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I know i keep shitting on this Becky/Charlotte/Rhonda match.... but god i found that arrest angle/brawl to be dumb.

Probably just me though as I'm sure many loved it, so yeh, fair enough WWE I guess.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I know i keep shitting on this Becky/Charlotte/Rhonda match.... but god i found that arrest angle/brawl to be dumb.

Probably just me though as I'm sure many loved it, so yeh, fair enough WWE I guess.
I'm one of those that loved it. The in-ring stuff was dumb but the backstage stuff was fantastic. Peak wrestling nonsense.

Becky and Ronda in the car was hilarious.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I'm one of those that loved it. The in-ring stuff was dumb but the backstage stuff was fantastic. Peak wrestling nonsense.

Becky and Ronda in the car was hilarious.
That's the problem i had with it though - it was all just a bit silly and comedic... which I don't think your Mania main event should be... but then that's probably me being a boring old tosser.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
That's the problem i had with it though - it was all just a bit silly and comedic... which I don't think your Mania main event should be... but then that's probably me being a boring old tosser.
Mania Main events have used comedy in the build-up before and it's been great. Rock and Austin doing a duet and The Rock's concert, for example.

Plus they've done all their "badass" serious stuff like Ronda beating Becky up and Becky beating them both with a crutch.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Mania Main events have used comedy in the build-up before and it's been great. Rock and Austin doing a duet and The Rock's concert, for example.

Plus they've done all their "badass" serious stuff like Ronda beating Becky up and Becky beating them both with a crutch.
That was after Mania, when Austin was a heel... but point taken. That Austin/Rock build for WM17 was just straight up the two best wanting to find out who is the best... which is kind of what i wish this feud was (instead of all this being arrested/getting suspended/being injured stuff)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

That was after Mania, when Austin was a heel... but point taken. That Austin/Rock build for WM17 was just straight up the two best wanting to find out who is the best... which is kind of what i wish this feud was (instead of all this being arrested/getting suspended/being injured stuff)
Rock and Austin were smart to put the title over first and foremost. Sure they had other stuff about Deborah vince etc but they ensured it was a side thing and the main focus is on the title. That barely exists now.

Austin was very clear in look backs to WM17 that it was about them, granted, but they reminded in promos that they wanted that title. In the face to face interview buildup Austin did brilliantly in a promo where he said "take Deborah out the equation. Boom she's not a factor. Fact is Rock, you got that WWE Championship and I want it".

That outright doesn't exist anymore and it's why the Universal championship is bollocks. Its why rondas fued with Becky and Charlotte is bollocks. They're spending too much time talking about ending streaks, burning it down, beating bullies (universal fued) to talking about women's main eventing mania, breaking arms, bullshit twitter fueds (women's).

Put the title over. That's the goal. You do that and the match is worth something. You make people remember whats at stake. That's why Daniel Bryan is so good as champion. He makes it about the Championship and what it means, whether heel or face. Everyone else is cack. The last time the Universal title meant something was under Kevin Owens when he sold the title so well.

Sylar

Nothing will beat Brock and Romans tug o'war over the WWE title.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
As stupid and inappropiate the stuff in the car park was, Ronda some how managing to get the car started while handcuffed and crashing into the other car, and her head just popped out of the window before Charlotte knees her made me genuinely laugh out loud. It wasn't worse than ending the go home show to Mania with Corbin and Mysterio, did they just give up writing the show at that point?

Austin was very clear in look backs to WM17 that it was about them, granted, but they reminded in promos that they wanted that title. In the face to face interview buildup Austin did brilliantly in a promo where he said "take Deborah out the equation. Boom she's not a factor. Fact is Rock, you got that WWE Championship and I want it".
Still remember the end of the my way promo with Austin saying he, "needs the title, more than you can ever imagine", from that same interview. They made the title feel important.

Sylar

I liked the womens stuff. It was so over the top crazy and the crowd was going nuts during it

also :lol: at Corbyn beating Rey clean before Rey faces Joe.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I liked the womens stuff. It was so over the top crazy and the crowd was going nuts during it

also :lol: at Corbyn beating Rey clean before Rey faces Joe.
The Mysterio vs Joe match is such a nothing match... I really hope they add in Owens, Ali and Almas (and Cena? or Zayn?) and make it a ladder match.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Decent go home Smackdown show... mainly for the opening and closing segments with Randy/Styles and Bryan/Kofi... both of which were great.

Really hyped for Bryan vs. Kofi... Bryan is probably the best character and cuts the best promo in the company right now... him or Joe anyway.

Sylar

What happened to Andrade vs Rey? Is Rey really injured?

Guessing somebody comes and interrupts Elias at WM. Rock? Austin? Cena? hmmm

So as we discussed, Becky, Seth and Kofi story all would normally lead to them winning the title.
however I cant see all three doing it, so one has to miss out.
Seth makes the most sense but we fckin need that title taken of Brock.
Unless they are saving Brock losing to somebody on the Raw next night?

MJJ

What happened to Andrade vs Rey? Is Rey really injured?

Guessing somebody comes and interrupts Elias at WM. Rock? Austin? Cena? hmmm

So as we discussed, Becky, Seth and Kofi story all would normally lead to them winning the title.
however I cant see all three doing it, so one has to miss out.
Seth makes the most sense but we fckin need that title taken of Brock.
Unless they are saving Brock losing to somebody on the Raw next night?
The big dog beats McIntyre to take revenge for Ambrose and then beats brock to take revenge for Rollins.

Renegade

The Mysterio vs Joe match is such a nothing match... I really hope they add in Owens, Ali and Almas (and Cena? or Zayn?) and make it a ladder match.
I don’t think they’ll have enough time to do a ladder match unfortunately.

The Seth/Brock story is such an after thought. I think he loses.

I really hate the fact Asuka doesn’t seem to bothered about losing her title so close to WM in storyline. They really do struggle with continuity and small detail.