Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

choccy77

Latest news is that Sasha will be unable to perform tonight.

There were rumours she could be pregnant, although maybe the timing for that wouldn't be great. as she has Star Wars duties still to perform, unless they also filmed some Mando 3 stuff already at same time as doing the Boba Series.

Another possibility is she has Covid and cannot compete.

Either way it sucks.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
She's one of those anti-vax idiots, at least judging by what she was sharing on Instagram recently so it wouldn't surprise me if she had Covid.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Interesting summerslam is tonight as I have summerslam 1999 up next. I actually might watch it tonight too. Started in August 1996 back in 2016, taken many many breaks but slowly making my way through the glory days. The build to the main event was a clusterfeck with Foley coming back on the last Raw. I suppose Austin was taking time off & they didn’t want Ventura raising the hand of a heel.

No interest in tonight’s event. I’ve watched the odd Royal Rumble & Wrestlemania over the last decade or so but it’s just not fun anymore sadly.

Sylar

Interesting summerslam is tonight as I have summerslam 1999 up next. I actually might watch it tonight too. Started in August 1996 back in 2016, taken many many breaks but slowly making my way through the glory days. The build to the main event was a clusterfeck with Foley coming back on the last Raw. I suppose Austin was taking time off & they didn’t want Ventura raising the hand of a heel.

No interest in tonight’s event. I’ve watched the odd Royal Rumble & Wrestlemania over the last decade or so but it’s just not fun anymore sadly.
Wasn't it that Austin didn't want to drop it to hhh
So he dropped it to Foley who then dropped it to hhh the night after on raw

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
There’s no free trial on the WWE Network anymore?! What the feck am I supposed to do with all these email addresses?

Ladron de redcafe

If WWE champions are measured by their PPV buyrates, then nobody has done anything for over a decade.

Really the timeframe from Punk’s pipebomb promo to his loss to The Rock nearly two years later is a great microcosm for why so many people drifted away from watching WWE: terrible booking, hot acts completely misused, titles devalued and gimmick matches rendered meaningless. Punk was booked to be a midcard world champion, hardly seeing a PPV main event unless he was facing John Cena – and it wasn’t because there were hot world title programmes on the other brand. During his title run, Cena main evented over Punk in singles matches against Kane, Big Show and JOHN LAURINAITIS, and even had two matches for a title shot in the PPV main event over the championship match! It was an utterly miserably booked title reign.
Not sure what you're point is, here. The question was whether casuals care about CM Punk. PPV buyrates and TV ratings are exactly what we should be focusing on, and they stagnated during Punk's push, including the disastrous SummerSlam buyrate which was the lowest since 1997 and which impelled them to circle back to their mainstays and top draws - Hunter and Cena.

We saw what happened when someone who does appeal to casuals came in and feuded with Cena months later. Rock and Cena set the all time buyrates record while CM Punk, confused as ever, didn't seem to understand why the likes of Rock were main eventing the biggest event of the year, and not him.

Zen

Bit of an odd one - but why did it look like CM Punk was in front of a green screen for some reason, is this common in AEW? Like this

Ladron de redcafe

In his autobiography, Mick Foley dances around the topic but seems to insinuate that Austin might not have wanted to drop the belt directly to Hunter. HHH himself all but confirms it on his last documentary but takes a positive approach, saying that the title win was viewed by more people than those who watched the PPV the previous day.

Austin, for what it's worth, might have had several reasons to change the finish. Shawn Michaels had repeatefly refused to put Austin over in their WrestleMania 14 match, finally relenting and doing it grudgingly after pressure from the locker room. Austin never forgot that and still calls Shawn Michaels an "unprofessional s**t". Triple H was Shawn's lacky and best friend and some of Austin's dislike of Shawn (at the time) might have been redirected towards HHH.

sewey89

If Sasha really is out of summerslam, then it’s really odd that WWE are still promoting the match.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
If Sasha really is out of summerslam, then it’s really odd that WWE are still promoting the match.
They did it last week with Charlotte. She was advertised for a house show despite being in Mexico and then at the show they announced that she wouldn't be appearing.

sewey89

They did it last week with Charlotte. She was advertised for a house show despite being in Mexico and then at the show they announced that she wouldn't be appearing.
Very strange behaviour. Unless they’re turning it into an angle and getting a Becky or somebody step in, then it’ll go down like a shit sandwich in the arena

Charlie Foley

In his autobiography, Mick Foley dances around the topic but seems to insinuate that Austin might not have wanted to drop the belt directly to Hunter. HHH himself all but confirms it on his last documentary but takes a positive approach, saying that the title win was viewed by more people than those who watched the PPV the previous day.

Austin, for what it's worth, might have had several reasons to change the finish. Shawn Michaels had repeatefly refused to put Austin over in their WrestleMania 14 match, finally relenting and doing it grudgingly after pressure from the locker room. Austin never forgot that and still calls Shawn Michaels an "unprofessional s**t". Triple H was Shawn's lacky and best friend and some of Austin's dislike of Shawn (at the time) might have been redirected towards HHH.
I wonder was HHH ever out politicked again after that? Once he got his claws/schlong into the McMahon family he was a made man.

I do love that OSW story from I think the 2001 Royal Rumble episode, where HHH was lobbying to take the belt off Kurt Angle because he was too small. Pat Patterson piped up “ok, you wrestle him for real then” and he shut up pretty quickly after that :lol:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Not sure what you're point is, here.
You don’t seem to get the point in much at all. Of course, Summerslam 2011 disappointed in terms of PPV buys. The CM Punk angle jumped the shark almost immediately after MITB and they only had four matches on the card with a week to go. As we can keep labouring, that whole period in WWE was a complete mess booking wise. Everyone’s push was either completely botched or sabotaged. The Rock could stay over by staying as far away from WWE as possible for 11 months of the year.

How can you blame the WWE champion for underwhelming PPV buyrates when the WWE Champion, and the title itself, was treated as a midcard attraction? It was John Cena who was booked as the main event during that period, just go through each and every PPV card. I was one of the fans who lost patience and stopped watching during that period. The Summer of Punk period was completely botched with Kevin Nash’s, HHH’s and Laurinaitis’s involvement. Then once they put the title on Punk for his record reign, the entire focus of the WWE was still on John Cena with Punk in the midcard – despite him being the top champion? We literally had John Cena vs Kane, John Cena vs Big Show, John Cena vs John Laurinaitis, and John Cena vs Dolph Ziggler all as PPV main events in 2012, with Punk defending the WWE Championship in the midcard or not at all. Despite not being champion for a minute in 2012, Cena still dominated the main event scene and is widely regarded as having one of the worst years of his career with some god awful matches.

Why would anyone other than the habitual buyer have become invested in ordering WWE PPVs during that time? Punk and his reign were treated as an afterthough, Cena was in horrendous storylines against terrible opponents, and the whole company was just going through the motions between Cena v Rock matches.

Last edited:

choccy77

If she is missing then can only see Becky stepping in to save it.
Yesterday it was suggested Becky could be called up early as she is still in training for her return in the fall.

There was a time Vince would punish people for no show's and now he advertises matches he knows are not going to happen.

The guy clearly has lost the plot. Maybe he will run for president next.

Bwuk

You don’t seem to get the point in much at all. Of course, Summerslam 2011 disappointed in terms of PPV buys. The CM Punk angle jumped the shark almost immediately after MITB and they only had four matches on the card with a week to go. As we can keep labouring, that whole period in WWE was a complete mess booking wise. Everyone’s push was either completely botched or sabotaged. The Rock could stay over by staying as far away from WWE as possible for 11 months of the year.

How can you blame the WWE champion for underwhelming PPV buyrates when the WWE Champion, and the title itself, was treated as a midcard attraction? It was John Cena who was booked as the main event during that period, just go through each and every PPV card. I was one of the fans who lost patience and stopped watching during that period. The Summer of Punk period was completely botched with Kevin Nash’s, HHH’s and Laurinaitis’s involvement. Then once they put the title on Punk for his record reign, the entire focus of the WWE was still on John Cena with Punk in the midcard – despite him being the top champion? We literally had John Cena vs Kane, John Cena vs Big Show, John Cena vs John Laurinaitis, and John Cena vs Dolph Ziggler all as PPV main events in 2012, with Punk defending the WWE Championship in the midcard or not at all. Despite not being champion for a minute in 2012, Cena still dominated the main event scene and is widely regarded as having one of the worst years of his career with some god awful matches.

Why would anyone other than the habitual buyer have become invested in ordering WWE PPVs during that time? Punk and his reign were treated as an afterthough, Cena was in horrendous storylines against terrible opponents, and the whole company was just going through the motions between Cena v Rock matches.
I like CM Punk but that’s the story of his career. Always someone else’s fault.

Sylar

Yesterday it was suggested Becky could be called up early as she is still in training for her return in the fall.

There was a time Vince would punish people for no show's and now he advertises matches he knows are not going to happen.

The guy clearly has lost the plot. Maybe he will run for president next.
The worst is people who defend him and the company

Oaencha

The CM Punk return was electric. AEW are really building something. Wyatt and Strowman are still free agents. If AEW have the wage budget, they should bring them in. I don’t think anyone could then doubt that the WWE roster is paper thin with legitimate crowd pleasers. I honestly believe Jeff Hardy will switch when his contract ends next year.

choccy77

Speaking of Wyatt.

Apparently, WWE are going to decide on Alex's push based on how many of those stupid dolls they sell this weekend and the next week or two.

If they don't sell a certain amount, the whole gimmick could be dropped.

choccy77

Still advertising the Sasha Banks Match, will be interesting to see what happens.

choccy77

Yeah, it will be a 5 minute match and Lashley should retain.

Likely they will use Goldbergs son as a distraction to beat him.

Ekeke

Oh god, watching the Summerslam buildup and just heard Nikki Cross just pronounce "A... S.... Haitche"

Annoying

Sylar

Anybody staying up?

Just saw the end of Big E beating Corbin and the commentators saying a big E won it back? Or got it back
Dunno :lol: didn't realise he lost it

Also they showed that Logan Paul guy and the boos were loud haha

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Anybody staying up?

Just saw the end of Big E beating Corbin and the commentators saying a big E won it back? Or got it back
Dunno :lol: didn't realise he lost it

Also they showed that Logan Paul guy and the boos were loud haha
Im up already but really have no interest in watching summerslam. A shame.

Sylar

Im up already but really have no interest in watching summerslam. A shame.
I decided to just watch ppvs for wwe as it's mostly just matches but I'm expecting some stupid finishes :lol:

Given its a Saturday I'll watch live

Ludens the Red

The CM Punk return was electric. AEW are really building something. Wyatt and Strowman are still free agents. If AEW have the wage budget, they should bring them in. I don’t think anyone could then doubt that the WWE roster is paper thin with legitimate crowd pleasers. I honestly believe Jeff Hardy will switch when his contract ends next year.
Aew need to be careful though because they could end up in a wcw situation. Over stacking their roster with ex wwe stars and then eventually not having enough time to showcase them all, leading to power struggles etc

Sylar

Nice first match and right team won.
Happy Orton and riddle is still a thing

R.E.D.

The first WWE PPV that I'm watching in I think 3 or 4 years. To be honest I still feel somehow somewhere they'll disappoint me again.

Sylar

Why the feck are they calling piper niven... Doudrop? :lol: wtf name is that

And Eva Marie on a ppv vs this Alexa abomination? Who is the heel?