Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Castia

What a fecking mess

I bet Triple H feels like shit, he told the talent nothing will change then within the hour Vince turned up to run things :lol:

I can take it or leave it with wrestling if it goes shit which I expect it to do I’ll stop watching. Triple H has proved he can put on a good show I’d argue the last 12 months in WWE have been the best in a long time.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Extremely disappointing RAW. No wonder Vince was involved. Wish he'd feck off already.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
And don't forget the ref being knocked out. Again.

Yeah the "but he's got to get to 1000" thing is weird to me. Who cares? It's not an actual sporting achievement. It's like saying I want Daniel Craig to do 3 more Bond films so he can overtake Sean Connery. And?
It's been really boring for over a year now. He should have dropped the titles to Brock at WM last year so they could movw from Brock to someone else, or had Roman drop one at least shortly after that. Like you said, what is the point in being the champion for 1,000 days in a pretend sport? Especially when you're not even there half the time so don't even have to justify it in the sense of being more entertaining than anyone else.

People saying "no one is on Roman's level" but of course they aren't. They've written literally every other wrestler into being permanently mid card. There's no reason for fans to invest in anyone because there's no prospect of them winning the title.

Also not sure what anyone expected with RAW after the WM ending. That was like kickstarting an after party by turning off the music and ordering everyone a cab home. I was looking forward to it on the basis Cody would be champion and it would mean literally anyone could legitimately challenge. Instead I couldn't even be bothered to watch it because whatever happened would juat be some poorly planned,rehashed shite, because with Roman as champion that is literally all they have left.

The Hilton

AEW really backing themselves going for Wembley, doubt they'll fill it but could be a huge crowd still. I'll definitely be getting tickets

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
AEW doing All In at Wembley August 27th.

90k capacity. Can they fill it?
I called this ages ago and got told I was mental for suggesting they'd do wembley.

People all around Europe will fly in for this, it's a proper ppv, I think they can fill it.

cyberman

I called this ages ago and got told I was mental for suggesting they'd do wembley.

People all around Europe will fly in for this, it's a proper ppv, I think they can fill it.
Will they? During an economic crisis?
Look at Germany, they’re the biggest wrestling community in Europe outside of the UK and their tv deal got downgraded not that long ago and it’s not because of an abundance of interest.
This post from Reddit stuck in my mind

As a German I can tell you that this deal is not good for us fans.

On TNT Serie we had the option for original commentary which will be gone with DMAX. And the timeslot.. nobody watches Wrestling Sundays at 11:15pm.

Looks good on paper, but unfortunately this deal sucks

I can’t see a demand at all. Fans constantly overestimate the smark drive in wresting

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Will they? During an economic crisis?
Look at Germany, they’re the biggest wrestling community in Europe outside of the UK and their tv deal got downgraded not that long ago and it’s not because of an abundance of interest.
This post from Reddit stuck in my mind

As a German I can tell you that this deal is not good for us fans.

On TNT Serie we had the option for original commentary which will be gone with DMAX. And the timeslot.. nobody watches Wrestling Sundays at 11:15pm.

Looks good on paper, but unfortunately this deal sucks

I can’t see a demand at all. Fans constantly overestimate the smark drive in wresting
Yes. AEWs shit TV deal in Germany is not going to stop people traveling from Europe to watch a ppv.

Ive never once watched a show on ITV and anyone I know that watches aew religiously does so through fite.

Bwuk

They won't sell out, not even close unless they give away a ridiculous amount of tickets.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Not sure about filling it but I respect the ambition. I'll be there for sure. Hope they manage to get Ospreay in again for that card as well. You'd think any Brit wrestlers will be knocking down Tony's door to get on a card at Wembley.

Just watching Dynamite. Switchblade :eek:

Sylar

I'm wondering what the pricing will be, it's annoying that it's through Ticketmaster which basically doubles the price through admin fees.

This is huge news. People from Europe will defo travel , it's the 'first' which will make it big.
I doubt they sell out but even 50k is massive and pretty much more than doubles their highest attendance ever.

It's interesting they are announcing it now and tickets go on sale in a month. From then leaves just over three months to push tickets.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
If the tickets are cheap they'll get a big enough crowd. Although anything at Wembley usually comes with an extortionate price range.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Triple H to make an announcement on Smackdown tonight. I hope he’s not stepping down.

Sylar

I enjoyed dynamite. Jay whites debut was a bit weird, he got a great reaction but they didn't show him as he came out and you had to have taz say "is that....." And then wait

Mjf segment was brilliant, I was thoroughly sports entertained.

Gunn club coming out to 50 cent, their entrance made them look like stars.

Some good matches and enjoyed the announcement (tho was weird they had McGuiness and then brought in Adam cole to make the announcement as Tony khan didn't blink)

Triple H to make an announcement on Smackdown tonight. I hope he’s not stepping down.
Gun to his back saying everything is fine and he's still in charge ...

cyberman

Yes. AEWs shit TV deal in Germany is not going to stop people traveling from Europe to watch a ppv.

Ive never once watched a show on ITV and anyone I know that watches aew religiously does so through fite.
Pretty sure it’s a sign that AEW isn’t strong in Germany and if it isn’t strong in Germany then they’re in trouble.
If the majority of Brits watched it on Fite then I’m pretty sure Tony wouldn’t be touting ITV 4 numbers!
This is honestly insane. Wembley has so much floor space that even if they get a good crowd it’ll still look shit on camera and I can’t see how this production team with no stadium experience can even attempt to cover this event.
Edit the blanket deal with DAZN tells us a lot about their popularity in Europe and it’s not all good

Last edited:

Ekeke

I love MJF and liked the segment. I dont get Jungle Boy as a singles above midcard though. He has some lucha moves, but nowhere as impressive as the best actual luchadores and he's very skinny

Sylar

So weird how Raw and smackdown felt like two different companies

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Pretty sure it’s a sign that AEW isn’t strong in Germany and if it isn’t strong in Germany then they’re in trouble.
If the majority of Brits watched it on Fite then I’m pretty sure Tony wouldn’t be touting ITV 4 numbers!
This is honestly insane. Wembley has so much floor space that even if they get a good crowd it’ll still look shit on camera and I can’t see how this production team with no stadium experience can even attempt to cover this event.
Edit the blanket deal with DAZN tells us a lot about their popularity in Europe and it’s not all good
Literally everybody I know watches through fite and we all pay £5.99 a month for the privilege. Television has changed since the late 90s and a paid streaming model is far more profitable than your regular TV deal, especially when itv put it on in a silly timeslot and we're pretty much all spoiled when it comes to not having adverts etc.

Sylar

Literally everybody I know watches through fite and we all pay £5.99 a month for the privilege. Television has changed since the late 90s and a paid streaming model is far more profitable than your regular TV deal, especially when itv put it on in a silly timeslot and we're pretty much all spoiled when it comes to not having adverts etc.
Yep, many like me don't watch through either methods.

Zen

Not gonna lie, the last time I knew of any Wrestling being shown in the UK away from Sky/BT was WCW on Bravo(i think, circa 2000).... :lol:

I'd be utterly stunned if they sold out Wembley, or came remotely close. Even if tickets were dirt cheap. I might go..... if it's dirt cheap!

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
There's a lot of you that seem to think 90000 wrestling fans in the UK is a lot.

They will sell a minimum of 70000 but I think its more than likely they'll sell it out. But even if they don't sell it out, with a TV deal that is on free view and a successful UK show they will move massively in the right direction.

The weird wwe only fans in here (there's at least 6) will cry wank themselves to sleep when it sells out. It's such a weird attitude, just enjoy your preferred show you oddballs.

Not gonna lie, the last time I knew of any Wrestling being shown in the UK away from Sky/BT was WCW on Bravo(i think, circa 2000).... :lol:

I'd be utterly stunned if they sold out Wembley, or came remotely close. Even if tickets were dirt cheap. I might go..... if it's dirt cheap!
TNA on challenge tv (yes, really) ran for years.

The Hilton

The weird wwe only fans in here (there's at least 6) will cry wank themselves to sleep when it sells out. It's such a weird attitude, just enjoy your preferred show you oddballs.
:lol::lol::lol:

I had a very good laugh at this.

I'm not sure about selling out, but I definitely expect there to be a respectable number in attendance. Anything north of 60k would be a success.