Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Is the Rock working through a list of making everyone in the company look weak? :lol:

I thought he made Reigns look like a weak little brother he had to stand up for here, then he makes Triple H look weak backstage.

However... I'm going to propose a double double cross. Rock doing this to ingratiate himself with the Bloodline, then double crosses them to prevent interference in the title match and let Cody get the win.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
A week ago we were all saying how trash this all is and then they go and do that!

That was incredible, doesn’t matter if it’s a work or a pivot they smashed that!

Credit to WWE that was a great segment and made everyone up there look like big main event stars.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Confused whether Rock is going the heel route from that.
WWE fans were a bit weird, just so easily manoeuvred by the narrative :lol: They loved Rock going after Reigns and now its a problem after they are given a bit of a nudge from the Cody angle.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
The #CodyCryBabies really got themselves worked up for nothing didn't they. :lol:

Yet, I'm looking forward to hearing how this change was due to the 'negative reaction'...... ok.

This is going to be one of the biggest matches of all time, with Rock involved too and going into it on Roman's side, but I suspect it'll end with a Rock turn and Cody winning.

It was really good sports entertainment.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Here's hoping the rock joining the bloodline is leading to a build to a match, rather than just coming in and being thrown in for craic.

The people want this match too.

GlasgowCeltic

Is the Rock working through a list of making everyone in the company look weak? :lol:

I thought he made Reigns look like a weak little brother he had to stand up for here, then he makes Triple H look weak backstage.

However... I'm going to propose a double double cross. Rock doing this to ingratiate himself with the Bloodline, then double crosses them to prevent interference in the title match and let Cody get the win.
yeah Reigns looked like one of the Usos next to him

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
The #CodyCryBabies really got themselves worked up for nothing didn't they. :lol:

Yet, I'm looking forward to hearing how this change was due to the 'negative reaction'...... ok.

This is going to be one of the biggest matches of all time, with Rock involved too and going into it on Roman's side, but I suspect it'll end with a Rock turn and Cody winning.

Why would you go through all that trouble just to land in the exact same spot you were in immediately after the rumble?

The fans who'll claim they knew it was always a work despite it clearly not are going to be detestable.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why would you go through all that trouble just to land in the exact same spot you were in immediately after the rumble?

The fans who'll claim they knew it was always a work despite it clearly not are going to be detestable.
It's so clearly a work though. The WWE are out there handing Cody signs out and stirring up the narrative that Cody's been hard done by and the fans lapped it up, when mere days before they were hyped about Rock vs Reigns. It's quite easy to nudge fans in a certain direction to be fair.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If they want Philadelphia heat ramped to 1000 they should put the W on The Rock and have him as an ultra-heel for a couple shows beyond Mania :lol:

Ludens the Red

Honestly if you stop and think about it. It’s laughable to suggest this was the plan all along because it would make absolutely zero sense.
Rock Vs Reigns is a bigger match on paper than Reigns vs Cody and WWE will generally prioritise the bigger match. The only time they’ve swayed in the past is due to adverse fans reaction.
A few weeks ago the rock came out beat up jinder and made a jibe about taking the head of the table. That actually garnered a great live reaction but wasn’t met with open arms online. Fast forward two weeks later, he comes out and squares up to Roman, and then Cody literally backs off from Roman, only this time the online reaction is mostly negative.
So are you saying it was planned that the rock would pretend to go after Roman only to then do a complete u-turn because Cody made essentially a “yo mamma” joke and therefore he is now on Romans side.

It's so clearly a work though. The WWE are out there handing Cody signs out and stirring up the narrative that Cody's been hard done by and the fans lapped it up, when mere days before they were hyped about Rock vs Reigns. It's quite easy to nudge fans in a certain direction to be fair.
Which was done ONLY after the negative reaction to the thought of Rock/Reigns. WWE pay massive attention to their online reactions/fans etc. I think with the Tko/Netflix deal, WWE for a few months had been considering making Rock/Reigns the main match. Punks injury gave them the opportunity to rubber stamp it and then they could move Cody towards Rollins (why else would Rollins have said Cody should challenge him) again that statement was met with a very negative reaction.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Which was done ONLY after the negative reaction to the thought of Rock/Reigns. WWE pay massive attention to their online reactions/fans etc. I think with the Tko/Netflix deal, WWE for a few months had been considering making Rock/Reigns the main match. Punks injury gave them the opportunity to rubber stamp it and then they could move Cody towards Rollins (why else would Rollins have said Cody should challenge him) again that statement was met with a very negative reaction.
There wasn't that much of a negative reaction at that moment. The Rock vs Reigns hint at Rocks return had a huge huge huge pop. Cody winning the RR had a huge pop. it could have been nudged away from heat or nudged toward heat by the WWE, and they chose the latter. Cody was never feuding with Reigns for a prolonged period, he doesn't have any history with him outside of losing at Mania. He was beefing with other stars along the way in his narrative, and his "story" could have been fulfilled with a match up vs Rollins if they wanted to nudge the angle toward that.

They chose not to, handed out Cody signs at key moments and built up a picture of him being hard done by from The Rock, and the fans lapped it up. They're basically grass-fed what to think it seems.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
For those who think this was all a work:

They’ve somehow worked themselves into a shoot where there would be more interest in Cody vs The Rock, than Roman vs The Rock.

Andy_Cole

They’ve somehow worked themselves into a shoot where there would be more interest in Cody vs The Rock, than Roman vs The Rock.
I suppose this is good if they make it a triple threat.

If they wanted the impact of this match, it’s a year or 2 too late. It was the perfect end game for the bloodline story but it just dragged too long.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
The fans were so hyped that they had to delete and reupload the rock and reigns stare down (less than a week ago), because it was what I imagine their most disliked video of all time?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I suppose this is good if they make it a triple threat.

If they wanted the impact of this match, it’s a year or 2 too late. It was the perfect end game for the bloodline story but it just dragged too long.
Yeah, you basically run back the WM20 storyline. Benoit is Rhodes, Roman is HHH and Rock is Michaels. It is the exact same dynamic, more or less. Have Cody pin Roman, then do Roman vs Rock again in the future.

It’s fascinating looking in at the situation, but that is because of the real life politics. Without that intrigue, it is a bit of a car crash. In kayfabe, Cody is a bit of a dick who made a deal, then backed out on it, without warning, at a globally broadcasted press conference, but at least he has been made to look a big star who the fans love. Meanwhile Roman looks a little cuckolded, and Rollins has been shown up to be the mid-card champion everyone knew his title always was.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The fans were so hyped that they had to delete and reupload the rock and reigns stare down (less than a week ago), because it was what I imagine their most disliked video of all time?
And which video was that? It was after WWE had already made their angle of Cody being hard done by.

Ludens the Red

There wasn't that much of a negative reaction at that moment. The Rock vs Reigns hint at Rocks return had a huge huge huge pop. Cody winning the RR had a huge pop. it could have been nudged away from heat or nudged toward heat by the WWE, and they chose the latter. Cody was never feuding with Reigns for a prolonged period, he doesn't have any history with him outside of losing at Mania. He was beefing with other stars along the way in his narrative, and his "story" could have been fulfilled with a match up vs Rollins if they wanted to nudge the angle toward that.

They chose not to, handed out Cody signs at key moments and built up a picture of him being hard done by from The Rock, and the fans lapped it up. They're basically grass-fed what to think it seems.
The rock turning up surprisingly at a live show is always going to get a massive pop and everything he says will be greeted with a pop. Fact is online it was a different story and again WWE pay massive attention to their online content.
I mean Rock/Reigns has been teased for years by both wrestlers. The only thing preventing it happening previously was The Rock had commitments. So are we really suggesting that when finally the rock gives the go ahead for the match to happen WWE then decide they don’t actually want the match….Or is it that their hands were forced as the clamour for the match simply isn’t there as much through the entire wwe fanbase?
The reason Cody was kept from Roman so long was because they wanted to keep the rivalry fresh for this Mania. We’ve seen Rollins/Rhodes multiple times. The WWE simply won’t go into a Wrestlemania with two world title matches the majority of fans don’t really want to see and so they’ve changed tact. It is the most logical conclusion to come to.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I said they'd pivot to this the other day. Was very obvious. And The Rock will turn on Roman in the main event to help Cody win. Also very obvious.

It's not David Lynch here guys.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The rock turning up surprisingly at a live show is always going to get a massive pop and everything he says will be greeted with a pop. Fact is online it was a different story and again WWE pay massive attention to their online content.
I mean Rock/Reigns has been teased for years by both wrestlers. The only thing preventing it happening previously was The Rock had commitments. So are we really suggesting that when finally the rock gives the go ahead for the match to happen WWE then decide they don’t actually want the match….Or is it that their hands were forced as the clamour for the match simply isn’t there as much through the entire wwe fanbase?
The reason Cody was kept from Roman so long was because they wanted to keep the rivalry fresh for this Mania. We’ve seen Rollins/Rhodes multiple times. The WWE simply won’t go into a Wrestlemania with two world title matches the majority of fans don’t really want to see and so they’ve changed tact. It is the most logical conclusion to come to.
The video that got a lot of dislikes was after the narrative was set and seeds planted of Cody being hard done by though.
Cody has had no real feud with Reigns for what, a year? He's had no beef with anyone in fact that's been prolonged, and his "story" is workable with Rollins. The injury to Rollins (And Punk) led to a clear pivot by the WWE and the fans lapped it up. They were doing this for a while - what video specifically was the disliked one? I forget. Is it the one where Cody came out and bowed out from fighting Reigns? If so come on mate, the writers already did their bit to nudge it toward heat by then.

cyberman

I said they'd pivot to this the other day. Was very obvious. And The Rock will turn on Roman in the main event to help Cody win. Also very obvious.

Not sure they’ll have another short heel run for the Rock and it kind of cheapens Cody’s win if he needs help.
For me they use Rock to turn Roman face. Have their match at SS or Saudi

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Not sure they’ll have another short heel run for the Rock and it kind of cheapens Cody’s win if he needs help.
For me they use Rock to turn Roman face. Have their match at SS or Saudi
Less help but more balancing out the interference from the bloodline. They could do it by having them desert Roman and recognise The Rock as the "head of the table".

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

I mean, if that happens (even if its obvious), it would be great to see. And a top ending to the family story angle.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
And which video was that? It was after WWE had already made their angle of Cody being hard done by.
You're rewriting history from literally a week ago.

No narrative of Cody being hard done by was set at that point. It was posted after Cody "gave away" his spot to the rock for WrestleMania, the rock hugged Cody and had a stare down with Roman Reigns.

Where was the narrative of Cody being hard done by at that point?

SparkedIntoLife

Nah, not feeling the logic. Rock doesn't need a WWE return. In his last match with Cena, he tore his abdomen and supposedly cost lots of movie employees their jobs because he couldn't film for ages. He didn't make Mania last year from Hollywood when it would've been perfect.

This is his last match IMHO and it's the perfect way for him to go out. A Rock/Roman match wouldn't incur much good will in this day and age, especially if it sucks bell to bell. The casuals will lap it up but the live fans will poop all over it.

This also makes Cody huge. Rock's known him since he was a child and they're family friends. Rock doesn't need or want to make Reigns as, let's be honest, Roman is probably going to parlay away from wrestling or go even more part time soon. He'll either go into Hollywood too or look after his family and health. Roman doesn't need to be made. Cody arguably does. This also crushes any 'Cody's been over-pushed, he's a manufactured white meat baby face' blow back that many suspected would soon happen and did happen in AEW.

It will make the WWE lots of money and is much more compelling than Roman/Rhodes 2 or Rock/Roman. Putting Cody in to make it a triple threat makes all the sense in the world to protect Rock from an in ring point of view. It's actually perfect.

For me, this has Paul Heyman's fingerprints all over it. He's apparently been all over the creative concerning the Bloodline. He likes blurring the work/shoot lines and getting people talking.

The only unknown is Seth's role. I assume they had him back up Cody because 1) they might have a four way, 2) due to Seth's injury, they're hedging their bets because a one on one match puts him at more risk and 3) it makes so much sense given his history with Reigns and Cody.

I suspect they'll somehow have McIntyre or Gunther take the belt off Seth before Mania. Maybe even thanks to Rock or Roman in a really quick match, protecting Seth's knee. Then Sami Zayn will face the new champ at Mania with Damian Priest hovering.

In the Reigns/Cody/Rock(/Seth) main event, Solo and Jimmy will likely get involved but Rock will stop them and Cody will win. Mania will end with Rock lifting the new champ Cody's arm.

From there, I guess they might do a Rock/Roman singles match in Saudi (depending on how Rock feels), turn Knight or Orton heel again to feud with Cody, have Seth go for whoever he lost the World Heavyweight belt to and eventually have McIntyre/Punk and later Punk/Reigns (probably at Mania 41 after Reigns has barely been around). They'll super push one of Bron Breakker, Carmelo Hayes or Trick Williams with a view to one of them maybe facing Cody at Mania 41 for the Universal Title. Just my guess.

Ludens the Red

The video that got a lot of dislikes was after the narrative was set and seeds planted of Cody being hard done by though.
Cody has had no real feud with Reigns for what, a year? He's had no beef with anyone in fact that's been prolonged, and his "story" is workable with Rollins. The injury to Rollins (And Punk) led to a clear pivot by the WWE and the fans lapped it up. They were doing this for a while - what video specifically was the disliked one? I forget. Is it the one where Cody came out and bowed out from fighting Reigns? If so come on mate, the writers already did their bit to nudge it toward heat by then.
Hmm, I think you’re obsessing over this video a bit and you seem to have your timeframe mixed up. Not great when this is what you’re basing your argument off.
I think you should just look at it from a common sense standpoint.
Do you think if the Rock told WWE at any point recently I wanna do a match with Reigns at Wrestlemania they would say no? Especially after one of the people pencilled in for one of the mania main events got injured?
Their eyes lit up when Punk got injured. They then tested the waters for Rollins/Rhodes, that was rejected. Coupled with the negative Rock/Reigns reaction they’ve changed tact. They literally did the same thing ten years ago. They even went as far as given out t shirt and signs for Daniel Bryan at the time but again only after they’d read the room.

cyberman

Less help but more balancing out the interference from the bloodline. They could do it by having them desert Roman and recognise The Rock as the "head of the table".
I agree and that’ll help Roman turn face. I think Roman loses v Rock and Roman gets kicked out for disgracing the Bloodline soon after which allows him to take more time off and come back as a monster face.
it’s a bit fantasy booking but this hasn’t been some booking masterclass and has been obvious since day one.
I don’t know what roles Rock has scheduled but I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Moana 2 was announced this week and that’s a voice acting role. We might be seeing more of Rock as a board member

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I mean, if that happens (even if its obvious), it would be great to see. And a top ending to the family story angle.
Yeah I never suggested it isn't a solid end to the angle. More a response to people acting surprised like it's their first time watching wrestling or something. Still boggles my mind that you can actually bet on it. :lol:

Shinjch

The Rock is just a different level. Everything he did on that stage and in the subsequent backstage stuff felt huge.

That he only really did full-time wrestling for 6 years or so is crazy, an incredible charisma and talent.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You're rewriting history from literally a week ago.

No narrative of Cody being hard done by was set at that point. It was posted after Cody "gave away" his spot to the rock for WrestleMania, the rock hugged Cody and had a stare down with Roman Reigns.

Where was the narrative of Cody being hard done by at that point?
Exactly my point. That video set the narrative and the fans lapped it up by suddenly disliking the Rock on youtube. The WWE set the angle, the fans are grassfed it. If the WWE did something totally different with Cody squaring off to Rollins and The Rock making a face promo to stop Reigns chatting shite to the crowd, guess what, it's a different angle and the video is loved.

Hmm, I think you’re obsessing over this video a bit and you seem to have your timeframe mixed up. Not great when this is what you’re basing your argument off.
Do you think if the Rock told WWE at any point recently I wanna do a match with Reigns at Wrestlemania they would say no? Especially after one of the people pencilled in for one of the mania main events got injured?
Their eyes lit up when Punk got injured. They then tested the waters for Rollins/Rhodes, that was rejected. Coupled with the negative Rock/Reigns reaction they’ve changed tact. They literally did the same thing ten years ago. They even went as far as given out t shirt and signs for Daniel Bryan at the time but again only after they’d read the room.
Eh? I'm not the one who even brought up the video in the first place.

Traub

After listening to a lot of Something to Wrestle, they seem to plan Wrestlemania a year in advance, and the Punk injury really f'ed them. They probably had a few backup plans in place, and went with Rock/Reigns as their primary choice. However, when they saw the reaction, they were happy to pivot as the Rock/Reigns angle was not first choice if Punk wasn't injured. The podcast makes it clear that sometimes you go with what the fans one when it's so hot, and I think this is one of those times.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Exactly my point. That video set the narrative and the fans lapped it up by suddenly disliking the Rock on youtube. The WWE set the angle, the fans are grassfed it. If the WWE did something totally different with Cody squaring off to Rollins and The Rock making a face promo to stop Reigns chatting shite to the crowd, guess what, it's a different angle and the video is loved.

Eh? I'm not the one who even brought up the video in the first place.
How you getting the conclusion it's all the work and the wwe set the narrative from fans choosing to dislike that video? They deleted the video because of the backlash. The dislikes clearly weren't on purpose, and they've sinced pivoted away from that angle.

It's pretty bloody obvious this wasn't always the plan.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
How you getting the conclusion it's all the work and the wwe set the narrative from fans choosing to dislike that video? They deleted the video because of the backlash. The dislikes clearly weren't on purpose, and they've sinced pivoted away from that angle.

It's pretty bloody obvious this wasn't always the plan.
It wasn't always the plan, because the injuries created a need to pivot. My question is how you think this isn't also a work? They were cody signs out to the crowd for fecksake :lol:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
How would we feel about The Rock becoming the new Vince and dropping The Rock name altogether? Cutting a promo about no longer being The Rock and being Mr Johnson. :lol:

People have been saying he’s not Rock anymore anyway so would be a nod to that.

It feels like they can go so many directions with this, I sense they might actually turn him face by helping Rhodes at WM making Roman v Rock a future match.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
It wasn't always the plan, because the injuries created a need to pivot. My question is how you think this isn't also a work? They were cody signs out to the crowd for fecksake :lol:
Yea, those signs were after the backlash. You've got your timeline all mixed up. The fans were never hyped for Rock/Roman as you put.