Thoughts about our academy-team

lysglimt

Scout
I haven't followed academy-football that closely the last 10 years - but over the last 3 seasons or so I have watched quite a few matches and I must admit that despite our defeat to Chelsea yesterday - the future is looking very bright for United.

As soon as I saw that Reece Brown got injured a few weeks ago and would miss the Chelsea-tie I feared for our defense, but I honestly believed our offense would cause Chelsea more problems than they caused us.

But a central pairing of Scott Wootton and Oliver Gill - both players who are a lot better in the air than on the ground. A 15 year old midfielder at right back and Joe Dudgeon who just returned from injury - it's not something you wish to play when you are up against players like Kakuta, Borini, Sala and Nouble.

But offensively - I believe this will be one of the most successfull crop of youngsters United have ever seen. I hcan honestly say that I think everyone of our midfielders and strikers from yesterday (including the reserves) will have a good career in football. Ajose, Stewart, Brady, James, Norwood, Petrucci, Macheda, Welbeck, Morrison and I will add Tunnicliffe as well - all so talented that they can make it at United. Of course most of them won't - maybe 3-4 of them will succeed (which will be a fabolous number) but all of them CAN make it - if they develop correctly from now on.

And regarding Ra'vel Morrison - his technique and movement on the pitch is the best I have seen from any United-youngster since Ryan Giggs.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
And regarding Ra'vel Morrison - his technique and movement on the pitch is the best I have seen from any United-youngster since Ryan Giggs.
Ra'vel Morrison - 8 - vår beste spiller. En teknikk og bevegelse jeg ikke har sett av noen ung United-spiller siden Ryan Giggs.

http://premierleague.blogg.no/

Er du den mystiske bloggmannen?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
It's a shame our back five isn't that great because in James, Macheda, Welbeck and Morrison we have some real quality youth players.

BezsMaracas

Odd considering how good our defensive players have been in the academy over the last couple of years, but then it was quality in midfield that we were lacking and now we seem to have that in abundance.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I haven't followed academy-football that closely the last 10 years - but over the last 3 seasons or so I have watched quite a few matches and I must admit that despite our defeat to Chelsea yesterday - the future is looking very bright for United.

As soon as I saw that Reece Brown got injured a few weeks ago and would miss the Chelsea-tie I feared for our defense, but I honestly believed our offense would cause Chelsea more problems than they caused us.

But a central pairing of Scott Wootton and Oliver Gill - both players who are a lot better in the air than on the ground. A 15 year old midfielder at right back and Joe Dudgeon who just returned from injury - it's not something you wish to play when you are up against players like Kakuta, Borini, Sala and Nouble.

But offensively - I believe this will be one of the most successfull crop of youngsters United have ever seen. I hcan honestly say that I think everyone of our midfielders and strikers from yesterday (including the reserves) will have a good career in football. Ajose, Stewart, Brady, James, Norwood, Petrucci, Macheda, Welbeck, Morrison and I will add Tunnicliffe as well - all so talented that they can make it at United. Of course most of them won't - maybe 3-4 of them will succeed (which will be a fabolous number) but all of them CAN make it - if they develop correctly from now on.

Ahh.. Welcome to the mains my friend... People I would like to inform you that lysglimt here... my friend from the newbies is very well informed as far as youth/reserve players go and he was the only one who drove the interest of the newbies with his posts about our youth players... And that he would be a great attribute to our sub forum...

Edit: I just read what I wrote its sounds a bit creepy :nervous: But its meant with the best intentions!