Threadban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelRed

Posting this to see if it's possible to appeal a threadban. Edit: Should mention it was the Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp thread in the current events forum.

I was threadbanned for the following post where I highlighted how a user was quoting a study that found the exact opposite of what he was claiming it found & admittedly I took it a step too far when I finished the post saying he was being 'fecking stupid'.

However, in this very same thread I've been constantly harrassed & called a misogynist & even had a staff member accuse me of masturbating to the thought of battering a woman. That staff member is still posting in the thread, so it seems to be ok to accuse people of masturbating whilst fantasizing about battering women but saying someone is being fecking stupid is clearly a step too far. The thread is awash with insults, people calling each other pricks & pillocks & yet that all seems to be fine. I find the threadban unbelievably hypocritical & an overreaction to my comment. I'll include below the responses to the masturbation comment I mentioned, the staff member did, after several days, remove their post so I can't show the original.

Edit: Added further examples from that thread.

Last edited:

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
Posting this to see if it's possible to appeal a threadban.

I was threadbanned for the following post where I highlighted how a user was quoting a study that found the exact opposite of what he was claiming it found & admittedly I took it a step too far when I finished the post saying he was being 'fecking stupid'.

However, in this very same thread I've been constantly harrassed & called a misogynist & even had a staff member accuse me of masturbating to the thought of battering a woman. The thread is awash with insults, people calling each other pricks & pillocks & yet that all seems to be fine. I find the threadban unbelievably hypocritical & an overreaction to my comment. I'll include below the responses to the masturbation comment I mentioned, the staff member did, after several days, remove their post so I can't show the original.

Bolded part is absolutely appalling.Very strange you got banned, while a staff member gets away spouting that nonsense.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
In this posters defence he has been consistently accused of being a Misogynist (it's getting thrown around like confetti) by at least one poster (others at least alluded to it) because of his opinion in the Heard/Depp trial.

I did witness the comment about "beating his meat" too which I felt was extreme.

For the most part I found him to be one of the better posters on the thread (provided context and information to people who asked) and the abuse he gave out was far less than the stuff he received.

Did he have a strong opinion on the case? Yes.

(In hindsight his opinion, which he received so much flack for at the time, was also shared by the jury)

Does that mean his character should be called into question? No.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This is a compelling and well presented case. MichaelRed can post in the thread again.

Status
Not open for further replies.