Tifo Football - Sensible Transfers for Manchester United

Zlatattack

I just saw this video on youtube, thought i'd share.

They reckon we need a RW, DM and LCB.

Suggested Sancho , Ibrahim Sangare, Moussa Niakhate.

Don't know the first thing about the other two, but make a point about Sancho. He's likely to be one of the best in the world in his position for years - worth paying a bit extra for.

Mark Pawelek

Heard it all before. 7 needed:
  1. L-CB
  2. L-FB : Unfair on Williams to play a right-footed 19 year old rookie every game. Switch Williams to R-FB.
  3. RW
  4. AM / box2box (cover for both Pogba & Fernandes)
  5. GK - Replace De Gea - too many errors. Henderson - his distribution isn't tier-1.
  6. DCM - Cover/replace Matic while Garner gets experience on loan.
  7. ST - United need 3 strikers. Main man (Martial), Young prospect (Greenwood). Plan B (Ighalo - not good enough)

Smithy89

1. L-CB
  2. L-FB : Unfair on Williams to play a right-footed 19 year old rookie every game. Switch Williams to R-FB.
  3. RW
  5. GK - Replace De Gea - too many errors. Henderson - his distribution isn't tier-1.
  7. ST - United need 3 strikers. Main man (Martial), Young prospect (Greenwood). Plan B (Ighalo - not good enough)
We've basically needed this for 7 years now.

oz insomniac

A sensible transfer blog, all we need is a sensible transfer duo who can carry out the requirements after identifying them To completion. Nurse, nurse

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
We need a LB who can play a full season

Coops73

All about the Koopmeister
I hadn’t heard about this guy before checking this video so I checked out YouTube and while I know you can’t really gauge a talent with those videos, I have to say, although being very left footed he looked really good and reminded me of Matic in his pomp, a perfect replacement and then some.

Bestietom

We need to get transfers DONE. Every season is the same now. We make a saga out of every transfer. Ffs it's ridiculous. Liverpool, Chelsea, City, and the rest will just go further ahead of us.

lysglimt

Scout
I am Norwegian so I am not completely objective here - but Celtics Kristoffer Ajer and Jens Petter Hauge which we have scouted - would be excellent signings for us at very affordable fees. Hauge would be available for £2 million - and could join us after Christmas (he wants to stay to take his side to the title). And Ajer - should be available for £20 million I think. He will in time be a Clear upgrade from Lindelof as he is quicker, stronger, better in the air.

Jibbs

I am Norwegian so I am not completely objective here - but Celtics Kristoffer Ajer and Jens Petter Hauge which we have scouted - would be excellent signings for us at very affordable fees. Hauge would be available for £2 million - and could join us after Christmas (he wants to stay to take his side to the title). And Ajer - should be available for £20 million I think. He will in time be a Clear upgrade from Lindelof as he is quicker, stronger, better in the air.
This will a very wise thing to do.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
:lol:, for your sanity, I hope he never goes to a rival.
:lol: as his parent/guardian I wouldn’t let it happen.

I’d be happy for him to get a big move but he’s not going to be first choice at Liverpool or City so we’re pretty safe. Also don’t think he’ll end up at Leeds if they keep Phillips so hopefully it’ll be a neutral PL or Bundesliga club.
I hadn’t heard about this guy before checking this video so I checked out YouTube and while I know you can’t really gauge a talent with those videos, I have to say, although being very left footed he looked really good and reminded me of Matic in his pomp, a perfect replacement and then some.
The YouTube videos are mainly just his passing which is sublime btw he plays those kinds of weighted balls every game. The most impressive thing though is the composure, positioning and clear leadership he gives alongside being an amazing passer.

It made me laugh because on another thread someone who’d never watched him play was worried about him being defensively sound enough.... he also plays CB :lol:

I genuinely don’t see a better combo of abilities for a better price we need leaders in our club and he absolutely is one of them.

Jibbs

1. L-CB
  3. RW
Just goes to show how poor our recruitment has been for last 7 years. Even after spending close to a billion we are still short in the same key areas we were all these years.

Bestietom

We need to look at the system we play, and the coaching of our links between backline and midfield. Organisation is needed to tighten up these links.

Zlatattack

Just goes to show how poor our recruitment has been for last 7 years. Even after spending close to a billion we are still short in the same key areas we were all these years.
Yeah, including our recruitment of managers. It's been all over the shop. Mourinho wanted a different type of player to LVG, and now Ole wants different types of players to Mourinho. They had distinctly different styles it meant every time the manager changed, different things were expected of players and the profile of the type of player we needed changed (albeit in the same positions).

Take RW for example. Under LVG Mata was fine for that position, under Jose we wanted a crosser, under Ole we want an inside forward. Same position, different players.

This is why we need a defined footballing identity, that the club works towards at all levels, so that recruitment of managers and players can be aligned to that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I mean, we had the option of Fabinho but picked Matic so here we are needing to replace it again. CB we spent 30m on Bailly, 30m on Lindelof, 80m on Maguire and it turns out the first 2 aren't good enough anyway. AM we just ignored until Bruno (but now just lack depth), RW has been failure after failure (Di Maria, Mkhitaryan, Sanchez). Left back we bought nobody since Shaw in 2014 despite endless injuries which is just strange.
Such a scatter gun approach and short term options meaning issues persist and come back.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

That Koop guy looks quite interesting. I really like his passing between the lines, bit Carrick-esque. If we could get him for 20-30m it would be a decent punt.

I don't get the thing about Maguire and moving him to his more "natural" position. From what i remember of his time at Leicester, he always played LCB.