Tiger Woods in serious accident

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Just heard, the info the BBC have is coming via a newspaper Stateside and the Florida highway patrol. It's all pretty scant still though.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Yeah I just heard. Hope it's not too serious.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
They're saying the accident occurred around 12 hours ago, soem tiem in the early hours.

Sc40les

Golfing sensation Tiger Woods has been seriously injured in a car accident outside his Windermere, Florida home early Friday, an Orlando newspaper reported.

Orlando Sentinel says 33-year-old Woods was pulling out of his driveway in his Escalade when he struck a fire hydrant and a tree at 2:25 a.m. Friday.

He was taken to hospital in serious condition. No other updates were given on the extent of his injuries.

The Florida Highway Patrol said an investigation is underway and charges were pending, the newspaper reported.

Woods is considered one of the world’s best professional golfers. He was the highest-paid professional athlete in 2008, making an estimated $110 million from tournaments and endorsements.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Doesn't sound as bad as you first expected.

A fire hydrant and a tree? A long driveway or soem acceleration, or maybe a branch fell onto the car after impact.

Steev

Professional golfer Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car accident early this morning, the Florida Highway Patrol reported.

Woods, 33, pulled out of his driveway in the Isleworth community about 2:25 a.m. when he struck a fire hydrant, and then drove into a tree at his neighbor's property, FHP reported.

Alcohol is not related to the accident, FHP said.

Woods was transported to Health Central Hospital in Ocoee in serious condition, FHP said. No other information about his condition has been released.

A Health Central hospital employee said at 2:30 p.m. that Woods was not a patient. A hospital operator would not say if Woods had been treated and released.

FHP said the airbags in Woods' Cadillac Escalade did not deploy, which means the vehicle was traveling under 33 mph.

Orange County Fire Rescue received the call for aid at 2:28 a.m. Woods was transported from his Windermere-area neighborhood by the hospital's own ambulance.

An Orange County Sheriff's Office official said his agency received it's call for assistance at 2:27 a.m. An operator was told the driver was injured and still inside the vehicle.

FHP did not report the accident until just after 2 p.m. today. The agency said the crash remains under investigation and charges are pending.

According to his official website, TigerWoods.com, he is in the middle of a two-week break in tournament play. Woods next tournament is Dec. 3-6 at the Chevron World Challenge in Thousand Oaks, Calif.

Sentinel staff writer Rene Stutzman contributed to this report.

Copyright © 2009, Orlando Sentinel

Tiger Woods accident: Tiger Woods hurt in early-morning crash outside his Isleworth home -- OrlandoSentinel.com

One of his shortest ever drives, apparently.

Count Duckula

It's not impossible, I suppose, that a branch came through the window or something. I certainly hope not, but I otherwise fail to see how such a low speed accident could cause someone "serious injuries".

Get well soon, Tiger.

I wonder if Federer will pull out of the tournament he's playing in at the moment? He's best friends with Woods, after all.

Steev

Rare incident indeed, how often would a golfer hit a water hazard and a tree on the same drive.
:lol:

Good to hear he's not seriously injured after all. Although I can't say I was that bothered anyway. Never met him.

Pablo76

With his career earnings you'd have thought hed use a driver.

B Cantona

Desperate
Daily Mail say he was reversing down his drive way!

He's done well even scratching his face crashing like that! Methinks someone was looking to sell a bit of copy with the mischievous 'seriously injured' angle

Justin

His wife got him out of the car by breaking the window with a golf club.

Tiger's comment was her swing was all wrong.

Alex

I bet he was fecked up on Xandy Bars or something

Alex

TMZ is probably right, I have little doubt about what they say Harvey Levin can get dirt on anyone in America. It's like hmm why would his wife need to break a window with a gold club to get him out of a minor car accident.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
He was probably still crying about not being universally loved, fecking junior college dropout shitbag.
I don't think they have junior college in Sweden. But anyway..

There's obviously more to this story than meets the eye, the marketing people will be very nervous.

Alex

Phil Knight is on the phone at the moment

and the makers of South Park are licking their chops

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Couldn't give two shits about his personal life; that's his business.

The guy is a legend and I hope he's OK. No doubt the parasitic media will make his life hell though the twats.