g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Time to drop De Gea

Zoo

For the rest of the season. He is out of form and if it’s because of the contract impasse then he can only blame himself.

OneUnited24

He hasn’t been the Same since the World Cup. I think that dented his confidence more than anything.

PoTMS

Time to sell De Gea. There is no loyalty in football. I say this as one of his biggest supporters but if he's not going to sign a new contract, then let's get rid. We shouldn't destroy our wage structure any further. He's been on his way down since last season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Yep, I was sure after Tuesday he'd be stellar today but he's dropped another clanger

Romero seriously cannot do any worse

Ace of Spades

Yeah, would not mind it too much. Needs to up his game, and some time on the bench will do him good.

Paul_Scholes18

He is just terrible right now. Not doing much right. Been far worse than Young recently even if Young gets most of the blame.

Should have been benched 4-5 games ago when he was playing like shit. Now it is too late since unless we turn this game around top 4 will be gone.

If De gea would have performed like he did a few years ago we would have been in a top 4 spot right now without any doubts.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Even the first goal, he doesn't really stretch his hands up. Just kind of puts them just above his head.

AngliaRed

He has Jones and Young( most games) in front of him, can you blame his dip in form. He must be fed up here.

I don’t blame him on waiting to see our seasons final standing before making a decision on his future.

hobbers

For the rest of this dead rubber season, absolutely.

Show some backbone and make a fecking point.

Burkeovic

Yep and then sell him hopefully we can get 100 mill for him he's are first line of defence but puts are defence under pressure doesn't command the area at all and his distribution is terrible I'd be happy to see him move on.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Think he's lost half a yard. He was an incredible shot-stopper, now he's only outstanding and this team needs more than that.

Bojan11

He has Jones and Young( most games) in front of him, can you blame his dip in form. He must be fed up here.

I don’t blame him on waiting to see our seasons final standing before making a decision on his future.
Fed up that he’s making mistakes every game? Then he needs to get out.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
That is now 6 games in a row where he has allowed a goal that he should have saved. A 30 yard shot along the ground shouldn't beat me, never mind De Gea. Time to cash in. And he's not alone. There are a couple other "stars" out there who don't deserve to wear the shirt either. Is Pogba even playing today??

Paul_Scholes18

Terrible excuse. He is not making any saves and his distribution is shit. It is not like we are making it hard for him at all.

He is just standing and being very slow to react. No idea what is going on in his head. Mental problems maybe, but right now he needs some time off to comeback stronger.

Bubz27

That is now 6 games in a row where he has allowed a goal that he should have saved. A 30 yard shot along the ground shouldn't beat me, never mind De Gea. Time to cash in. And he's not alone. There are a couple other "stars" out there who don't deserve to wear the shirt either. Is Pogba even playing today??
Yeah, he's created our only chance.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

If anyone wants to know what the definition of "scapegoat" is, then just read this post ^^^

Maccus21

Looks like he's already in Madrid.

Drop him and Pogba for rest of the season.

Might be better long term as it will show ole is not scared of big players

Welbeckham

We should have benched him a long time ago with ”an injury” to keep his market value up. Because he’s been absolutely atrocious this season, he doesn’t do anything well apart from making some saves and he can’t even do that anymore.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If we lose today our season is over anyway. So why not?

If DDG is staying then giving him a few games out of the team to sort his head out (which has been off since the WC) can't hurt. If he isn't staying then it doesn't matter anyway.

Others were far more to blame for the goals today than he was but DDG at his best would certainly stop the second. Playing behind a shit defence isn't an excuse when we've had half a decade of proof that he can be brilliant while playing behind a shit defence.

Charles Miller

I dont blame him for the goals. In the second the Everton player dribbled Matic as if he was not there and had an open field and plent of time to shoot. Its not a surprise he scored.

Aretak

Courtois is allegedly on his way out at Real, so if they come calling again in the summer then it's time to sell up IMO. His head's clearly gone, so might as well give Romero some games. Though I doubt he'd be trusted as number one going into next season.

Leanshig

Think he's lost half a yard. He was an incredible shot-stopper, now he's only outstanding and this team needs more than that.
What? :confused:

Outstanding means elite, top class. The team isn't lucky enough to be at a level where we can demand more.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We should have benched him a long time ago with ”an injury” to keep his market value up. Because he’s been absolutely atrocious this season, he doesn’t do anything well apart from making some saves and he can’t even do that anymore.
Yep.

UncleBob

I'm not saying he should save it, it was close and hit hard.

But watch a replay, he doesn't stretch his arms up.
Short distance, well hit, reaction time.

Complaining that he doesn't stretch his arms fully up is, well, pure fecking madness.

Average reaction time is around 0,25 sec, then factor in the rest.

Your post lacks logic.

AngliaRed

If anyone wants to know what the definition of "scapegoat" is, then just read this post ^^^
He’s one of, if not the best GK in the world. He made some great saves against Barca, and no doubt we would be alot worse off without his “impossible” saves season after season.

He’s out of form, but he still is better than Romero, and thats no disrespect to Romero either as he’s a greak GK.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’d be tempted to sell him and Pogba if it went towards funding an actual rebuild. But you know it’ll be 3-4 players in whether they leave or not.

Bubz27

Short distance, well hit, reaction time.

Complaining that he doesn't stretch his arms fully up is, well, pure fecking madness.

Average reaction time is around 0,25 sec, then factor in the rest.

Your post lacks logic.
I get all that.

But logically, the reaction should still happen shouldn't it. He still should be putting his arms fully above his head. Unless he has such phenomenal reactions that he knew it had gone it and reacted by not stretching his arms all the way.

Fact is, DDG hasnt looked right for a long time now. Last year I wouldn't be surprised if he made that save. It would've been a great save but that's what he's been capable of.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I absolutely guarantee this thread (more specifically those saying 'sell him') :confused: will be laughed at in the future.

Get a fecking grip people.

PoTMS

He has been god-like for many seasons now, dragging us to the second place last year, and we should sell him because he's had a bad year? Looks reasonable.
No, because he wants ridiculous wages and he's been shite for the 18 months or so. He's got 12 months remaining on his contract and is messing us about.