Time to stand by Rangnick

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Behind Rangnick over players 100%. I agree an arm round the shoulder 'keep a smile on everyone's face' manager would maybe have done us better in the short term. If that was long term plan we should have gone for Poch (who I rate tbh). As it wasn't and we're going longer term and more ambitious with ETH it's frankly better that these players get a dose of reality first. The right step on the road to a decent long term setup. Results have obviously been pretty pants though. Feck e'm though, this squad is so dislikeable, time for a bit of open heart surgery!

RuudTom83

So United come 6th or 7th instead of 4th!

Anything but 1st is a failure so who cares what happens in the last month if the season.

Answer: The glazers

Red_toad

Jose lost the dressing room and now so has Ralph, hmm, I wonder why.

As the poster above rightly pointed out, RR is a system manager and it takes at least 6 months to get his system going, just like it did with Klopp and Pep (who both made changes to the squad immediately by the way unlike RR). They both also brought in their own preferred coaches, something RR wasn't able to do.

He probably wasn't the best appointment from a short term pov but if we follow his recommendations then the short term pain of missing out on top 4 will be worth it long term.

I think he did sacrifice himself somewhat by not bringing in players in January in case they weren't suitable for the new manager coming in, so hats off to him for that. Every other manager we have had since Fergie spent millions stockpiling deadwood before getting sacked but not RR.

Lastly I think the Greenwood things has cost us top 4, so many dropped points such and Wolves, Watford and Leicester at home where a goal from MG would have made the difference.
I'd disagree with your highlighted comment, there are numerous players coming out saying how they need to work harder. A select few players aren't the entire dressing room, one of the main culprits if now in Dubai, so he won't be an issue for Ralf any longer. the showing at Arsenal wasn't that of a dressing room that had turned on the manager, we were very unlucky with decisions and the players certainly hadn't downed tools on him.

Prodigal7

Is it feck, when will fans like you stop making excuses for these cnuts that play for United, things need to change at this club and that starts with the players and trying to make out it’s the managers fault just gives this lot the fuel for their bullshit fire.
Or that it was inevitable when once again our board wasn't prepared for sacking Ole. Clearly they didn't want to but felt like it had to be done. No plan again has cost us CL football
I think the plan was that the players aren’t infants and whether he’s an interim manager or not they still play for their futures and success.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think the plan was that the players aren’t infants and whether he’s an interim manager or not they still play for their futures and success.
For a huge portion of them, it's in their best interest not to over exert themselves in order to get a nice shiny deal at their next clubs.

Water Melon

I am on Rangnick's side. He is not a manager/head coach, he really is a DOF. However, he has no previous connections to United and is as honest as they come. I have no doubt whatsoever, he will make ETH's life at the Club much easier and play an important role in recruiting right players and staff. Our squad have no place to hide from now on. They either perform or get benched/moved. Good flipping riddance.

Adamsk7

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Ralf (personally, I am right behind him), one thing NOBODY can deny is that If you pull on a Utd shirt, you should put everything in to your performance for the fans, this historic club that you are lucky to play for and perhaps even more importantly, your own f’in self respect! The fact that these apparently very talented international players are not doing that tells me everything we are hearing about them is true.
Pride, passion, determination, will to win….these are things that are the bare minimum for not just a Utd player but a professional sportsperson in any field. These are not things a manager gives you. These are things you give you.

m1tch

I'd disagree with your highlighted comment, there are numerous players coming out saying how they need to work harder. A select few players aren't the entire dressing room, one of the main culprits if now in Dubai, so he won't be an issue for Ralf any longer. the showing at Arsenal wasn't that of a dressing room that had turned on the manager, we were very unlucky with decisions and the players certainly hadn't downed tools on him.
Is he actually in Dubai again?

L1nk

Ralf could have, and should have done better at his stint here than he has, he himself would tell you that. But what happened to Ole under these players is now also happening to Ralf I don't know how people fail to see this

Fluctuation0161

Ralf could have, and should have done better at his stint here than he has, he himself would tell you that. But what happened to Ole under these players is now also happening to Ralf I don't know how people fail to see this
Exactly. This is the players MO.

Coops73

Agreed, they should of realised that we had some infants in the team when Lingard and Pogba started dabbing the feck out of themselves.

PoTMS

Why? He's been a complete and utter failure. The players can get fecked but so can Rangnick.

Polar

Yeh.. It’s time to stand behind our manager for once and make him stand tall up against the players and the system.

Elcabron

Fair enough but I'd say the recent performances under Ralph such as pool and Everton were worse than anything served up by the players under Jose. There also seems to be more players coming out now with negative statements such as Lingard to Scholes, Mctominay yesterday, Rashford considering his future and Shaw a while back than there were under Jose but may e my memory is aying tricks on me.

I agree that the performance was not dreadful yesterday but there was no Pogba, Lingard, Rashford, Maguire or Shaw who seem to be the main shit stirrers.

In any event, Ralphs reign is nearing it's end and hopefully ETH can unite his squad.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
I am 100% going to stand directly behind him if he selects youth for the remainder of the the games and drops Maguire/Rashford/Lingard/Shaw/Awb from the squad altogether.

Acquire Me

I stand behind him. No doubt in my mind that the players and the state of this club is at fault. I am hopeful that perhaps we now see the start of a massive overhaul and clear out.

mattsville

People should not be judging Rangnick for what is happening on the pitch, is it really that difficult, honestly, there is a celebrity mentality amongst the core of the players, that are using the club's stature (backed by agents and pr teams) to promote themselves, those that are honest have eventually caved in and said if their not doing it why should I, hence the shit show we have now, Rangnick knows, fair play to him for his professionalism for not calling them out in public but no doubt he will consult with ETH and feck every player part of it.

led_scholes

I wanted him to be more bold. Nonetheless, I still believe that missing top 4 is not on him.

I hope that ETH takes his recommendations seriously and look at how players performed under him or rather how they behaved. Yes, Bruno is playing badly but he gives everything. Yes, Fred is a bit weird sometimes and makes mistakes here and there but he plays with more heart than the so called mancunians.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I give zero blame to Ralf. Fine, his interim reign has not been a successful one - but it's the players' fault in my eyes.

There's only so much he could do. I genuinely can't wait for him to head to the upstairs role and give Ten Hagg a proper feedback on which of these feckers deserve to be given a second chance - which aren't many.

PaulAlwaysScholesAGoal

It should be fairly obvious, but we've all been around forums like this long enough to know there are fans out there that genuinely think managers should be held responsible for everything the players do wrong

Foxbatt

People say he lost the dressing room. It is not his dressing room in the first place. What is this talk of players need to buy into the ideas of the manager? BS. They accept his ideas or get shipped out. That is what happened to Zlatan at Barca. Does anyone think Pep or Klopp or even Arteta or any decent manager is going to accept that players need to accept their views? NO. They will either follow their instructions or will get sold.
Woodward has destroyed United. Look at what happened to Jose with Pogba. Look at what happened to Ole when he tried to warn Rashford about his outside activities? All these pundits are making it worse by talking about players buying into the ideas of the Manager. SAF shipped everyone out who did not accept his way. It is the Managers way or the highway.

Robertd0803

I give zero blame to Ralf. Fine, his interim reign has not been a successful one - but it's the players' fault in my eyes.

There's only so much he could do. I genuinely can't wait for him to head to the upstairs role and give Ten Hagg a proper feedback on which of these feckers deserve to be given a second chance - which aren't many.
My hope is that Ten Hag will trust Ralfs word on it given that theyve never met or worked together. We dont need another Moyes scenario where the new manager comes in and tries to reinvent the wheel.

R'hllor

Ole>RR nonsense a side, you cant say that RR is blameless, he failed by making wrong decision and didnt move from it regardless. Only made up excuse is him not letting pricks get away from it and hide in the shadows but doubt thats the case.

OrcaFat

A few players picked their chins up a bit compared to previous weeks but we’ve got to set the bar higher than that. Doubtless a few a trying to show ETH they have still got something to offer.

I didn’t think we looked like a team playing for the manager, doing what he asks and doing what’s best for all. We still looked rubbish (Arsenal we’re also crap and that gave us a sniff but we were shit if we’re honest). Most of the players effectively turned on the manager months ago when they stopped running.

lsd

The Oracle
I'm a bit confused with all the praise Ralf is getting and how he is being absolved of all blame here.

He has not done a good job at all despite having a relatively easy run of fixtures when he took over.

He did not excel in those and in the last ten games or so he seems to have given up even trying to improve anything as it's been easier for him to just criticise the players and staff around him.

Yes it's been a extremely difficult job but that's going by to be the case for anyone coming into a similar situation. You just can't say well i tried for a bit but then decided the better option was just too go screw it and blame everyone else.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Ralph can go feck himself also, why does he keep playing Lingard, Matic and Mata?
Is this because he's not throwing our academy players under the bus in a toxic environment? If not, you realise we have many players injured at the moment.

I can already see Elanga who was our best performer at U23 level getting fire from fans.

BlueHaze

I'm a bit confused with all the praise Ralf is getting and how he is being absolved of all blame here.

He has not done a good job at all despite having a relatively easy run of fixtures when he took over.

He did not excel in those and in the last ten games or so he seems to have given up even trying to improve anything as it's been easier for him to just criticise the players and staff around him.

Yes it's been a extremely difficult job but that's going by to be the case for anyone coming into a similar situation. You just can't say well i tried for a bit but then decided the better option was just too go screw it and blame everyone else.
A bit weird I must admit. To be fair there are also people criticizing him but never have I seen such a large amount of people putting all the blame on the players.

Loon

:lol:
I just want him to name names and be listened to by ten Hag. That will be worth this shitarse season and the money he's been paid. I sincerely hope he gets the job he was actually hired to do, even if it is pointing out the obvious, because the upper echelons of United don't seem to see the obvious.

Foxbatt

A bit weird I must admit. To be fair there are also people criticizing him but never have I seen such a large amount of people putting all the blame on the players.
For the simple reason he has come out and said that the players are not following his plans. If you continuously do not follow the plan of the manager at this elite level, the players are going to be blamed. If Ole had come out and said the same thing, he would have been more respected for saying so.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I wanted him to be more bold. Nonetheless, I still believe that missing top 4 is not on him.

I hope that ETH takes his recommendations seriously and look at how players performed under him or rather how they behaved. Yes, Bruno is playing badly but he gives everything. Yes, Fred is a bit weird sometimes and makes mistakes here and there but he plays with more heart than the so called mancunians.
I remember Fred called out his team mates for having vanity issues within the squad. It seems that acquiring a leader like Bruno helped the togetherness after that as we did very well from that point on, but then keeping Pogba, not investing in midfield and buying Ronaldo isn't really going to help with any long term vanity issues. :lol: Finally we're seeing these self-preserving divas for what they are, big empty stars.

Smores

I've not seen many give him praise for his record. Refusing to blame him for performances when the primary reason appears to be attitude and mentality seems reasonable to me though.

Who knows maybe a decent manager would have got the players giving it 100% and snapped out of disaster form. I just don't think it's likely given everything we now know.

All I'll judge him on is his analysis and the fact he's been honest with us. The normal platitudes throughout this would have been unbearable.

Kostov

Is this because he's not throwing our academy players under the bus in a toxic environment? If not, you realise we have many players injured at the moment.

I can already see Elanga who was our best performer at U23 level getting fire from fans.
What is he exactly doing against this toxic environment? He has been here for 4 months, part of it is down to himself and giving significance to players that should not be in the squad.

sifi36

If we’d have scraped top 4 it would’ve papered over the cracks. We’d have signed a couple of players, extended Shaw, Rashford, Fred and Dalot and been in the same boat this time next season. Now that we’ve fully imploded, the players have been exposed for what they are - lazy, uncoachable and incapable of the intensity required to be one of the best European teams. If Ten Hag can’t get them playing his way, there is no chance that you could put it on him now, it would be the second successive manager who’s instructions have been ignored by the players.

Our bloated squad has loads of players, but very few fit the 4231 that we play. Fred and Pogba can only play double pivot with a proper DM and the only one we have is geriatric Matic who can only manage a game a week. The only true right winger we have is about to get banged up so we’ve been playing a LW youth to get a body there. None of our fullbacks can overlap consistently and provide width. No left footed stopper centre-back to go with one of the 5 right footed sweeper types we have. We overplay CR7 because Martial and Cavani checked out. Ralf is the first manager who has exposed and communicated these issues in a way where the fan base, pundits and the media mostly agree, rather than putting the blame on him (see Van Gaal and Mourinho).

We now have no choice but to sign 5-7 players and back the new manager over the (majority of) the players. If we fail to do so, and Ten Hag struggles, then the narrative will be that we’ve failed the manager, rather than him failing us and the cycle of failure continuing. Could Ralf have done better as interim? Absolutely. Personally, I’m quite glad he hasn’t.