Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Did everything that could be expected of him, given the circumstances. I was also pleased to see him join the attack on occasion.

Clean sheet means quids in.

Hope he can get himself a good move to a suitable club.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
One of few that could hold his head high after the first half, had a couple of clever passes which started things in their third but we couldn't keep em going.

Solid in the second, no one got any joy out of him a good showing when you consider the bigger context, will be good to have around next year, if we are going to ship a few out.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So much trash was written against him in match day thread. A player coming back from long layoff, playing in tough game in unnatural position, he did great.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I was worried when I saw Timbo's name on the team sheet but over the course of the 90 he played well. That, to me, was a showing that makes you feel he has more of a future at the club than other players e.g. Dalot. After a serious injury and a long time out that was a very creditable display.

Alemar

Harsh. He probably would have contributed going forward if he was played on the right or even CDM.
Harsh done by? Still it’s better than to be lost and forgotten like TFM was.
He is being given critisism after we win the game 2-0? Fair enough, he is at least talked about now

edcunited1878

A very good squad player performance and did a job for the team! John O'Shea would have been proud of the shift tonight by Timbo!

The manager and coaches believed in him, got him ready in a few days, which is credit to him for being ready when called upon.

#CR7

Looked solid which is all we could realistically ask of him.

Feel a lot more confident with him at RB/LB than Dalot.

Wouldn't mind keeping him here for an extra year whilst we bed Laird into the first team.

lsd

The Oracle
Did well for a first game back and not a natural left back . Not sure he really knew about the offside goal mind but took a chance and got the decision

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Didn’t see Palace create much from his side. Not bad
Yeah, defensively solid. Very limited in the build up, but what can you say with playing your first game in ages in an awkward position.

I do hope we field a left back against West Ham, mind.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Good energy and positioning (in attack and defence). He had a very solid game. It's pretty impressive, if considering his game time and not his best position.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Up there with Paul Scholes vs City in terms of surprise inclusions, so he did well considering he was chucked in at short notice. You can tell he’s essentially a central player though, he didn’t get down the flank at all. Even though he was a right back for palace, isn’t he predominantly a midfielder or centre back?

Adamsk7

He was put in to do a job on Townsend/Zaha and that he did. Offered us absolutely nothing going forward but he was never going to. Plugged the hole better than anyone else we could have chosen so well done to Ole for that pick.

Timothy could have a future with us as squad player but I can’t see him ever getting a regular game or even a regular spot on the bench, especially with Williams being able to play both sides and he hasn’t played as a CB for sooooooo long. All to do but this was a start.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Happy for him. Did his job but at the end of the day he will not make it here.

Nick7

Up there with Paul Scholes vs City in terms of surprise inclusions, so he did well considering he was chucked in at short notice. You can tell he’s essentially a central player though, he didn’t get down the flank at all. Even though he was a right back for palace, isn’t he predominantly a midfielder or centre back?
He’s a centre back through and through. But he’s athletic so LVG threw him in at right back and every manager he’s had since then has kept him at full back.

jesperjaap

Cant believe so many positive comments about his display in this thread he was absolutely awful for the first hour? I feel sorry for him though and I think its ourselves have ruined him. He is absolutely not a full back and we have virtually always played him there, understandably tonight of course but not before.
The we loan him to Palace and THEY play him as a full back too. I think he could have been a very good centre back, hope he gets a decent move to restart a promising career and that whoever signs him sees him as a centre back

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Nice to see him back and can see him being a useful rotation/squad depth option of he can stay fit next season.

He is many things, however, he is not a left back.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Cant believe so many positive comments about his display in this thread he was absolutely awful for the first hour? I feel sorry for him though and I think its ourselves have ruined him. He is absolutely not a full back and we have virtually always played him there, understandably tonight of course but not before.
The we loan him to Palace and THEY play him as a full back too. I think he could have been a very good centre back, hope he gets a decent move to restart a promising career and that whoever signs him sees him as a centre back
Nothing personal but don't talk rubbish.

Ace of Spades

He was fine, he did not offer a lot in attack, and was a bit hesitant to go forward, but that is understandable. The thing I like is that he was physically able to cope with Townsend with both the pace and strength. He was also good in the air, won most of the aerial balls I think, seems to have a good leap. His passing, touch, dribbling and control were all looking good.

I personally think he can be a good CB, he has all the tools for it, just needs game time and experience. There is still time for him, and he can improve and be a very good player.

Charles89

I think he did okay overall, since we always play out from the back, I was a little worried everytime he'd get on the ball and that he'd lose it but held it quite well, don't remember him losing the ball while being pressed so that was good.

AFC NimbleThumb

Credit to the lad for that level of play having been thrust into the team after a long period out in a secondary position.

A good option to have in the squad.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think he did okay overall, since we always play out from the back, I was a little worried everytime he'd get on the ball and that he'd lose it but held it quite well, don't remember him losing the ball while being pressed so that was good.
Yeh. I was expecting much worse from him; playing after being off for so long. I also like that he fight for everything, and could stand up against Townsend and others.

Last edited:

flappyjay

He wouldn't have lasted the full game if he attacked a lot, he must have been instructed to keep it simple. He did make a couple of decent overlaps towards the end. As others have said I felt defensively safe with him than with Dalot.

flappyjay

Nice to see him back and can see him being a useful rotation/squad depth option of he can stay fit next season.

He is many things, however, he is not a left back.
Yeah but I would be more confident with him as AWB's back up rather than Dalot if laired is not ready yet.

Kostov

Give the guy a break, he was very solid and defended strong all game long. It’s his first game in god knows how long, I hope he gets more chances even at CDM

Dante

Average bang
I kept expecting a mistake, but none ever came. Good on the lad. Better than I thought he'd be after so long out.

Ace of Spades

I think people forget that he is physically very impressive, and technically good as well. Just needs time and experience on the field.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
So much trash was written against him in match day thread. A player coming back from long layoff, playing in tough game in unnatural position, he did great.
Fair enough imo. People forget the circumstances of a player too quickly

Squeaky Bumtime

It was ridiculous to see so much criticism for him in the matchday thread. Given the fact he hasnt played in months and played out of position he was perfectly fine. Didn't let much down his flank, offensively hasnt produced much but I didnt expect him to either. Had a tidy, nice game without any major mistake. For a player who popped up out of nothing after so many time he did great tbh.

Eire Red United

Provided zero in attack. Nothing at all, whatsoever. It’s not good enough for Man Utd full back
To be expected from someone playing on the wrong side and in his first match for over a year. He was solid, would like to see him given a chance as back up on the right next year

Craig Ward

Defensively solid but need fullbacks offering us something going forward. Got nothing from either tonight
To give TFM a break here, he's not played for our first team in 3 years and isnt even a LB.

I think he done everything that was expected of him tonight and a little more.

Was a very good showing from him considering

Status
Not open for further replies.