To all you saarf afrikans out there...

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
You're lilly livered and you're SH1T-AH!

:p :lol: :p :lol:

From a Pakistani... :angel:

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
GiggsysGirl said:
8 runs? hardly a whitewash :smirk: ;)
You're right. A whitewash is when you're 2-0 down and headed for a 5-0. I stand corrected. :D :)

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Snoeker said:
... match fixing terrorist ball tampering chucking scum :mad:
;)
That's enough about the South Africans. Do you have any views on the Pakistanis? ;)

Snoeker

Dumpstar said:
That's enough about the South Africans. Do you have any views on the Pakistanis? ;)
Any of the above but not chucking, not since the 50's anyway :angel:

To tell the truth, I haven't watched any of the games as we disconnected from our satellite after the England series. And its not on terrestrial tv.

So, how do YOU think we are playing?

youhana's consistency is really impressive.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
South Africa should have thrashed the English in the one dayers, especially after the way Smith and the lads demolished the English test bowlers. There was more than a tinge of match fixing in the air as far as I was concerned. But since Cronje has passed away and Pakistan were thousands of miles away from this series, nobody dared question the results.

Anyway, on to the current South African team. They're on a downward spiral mate. They lack bowlers and Ntini isn't very good on flat tracks. Even after his surprising four wickets. Pollock and Kallis are nowhere near the threat they should be either. Maybe its just the change in climate. But they've been to Pakistan before and demolished arguably more experienced Pakistani teams from the outset.

Saying that, they should still not have lost BOTH one dayers to Pakistan. Maybe Javed Miandad has outfoxed your side (slow batting in the early overs, smash and grab at the end with a bit of punishment for your second stringers). South Africa are DEFINITELY still better than England and like I said I can't believe you didn't come away from here victorious.

To summarise, SA are too over reliant on a few players. And when they won't/can't deliver you're easy picking - even for Pakistan. :eek: Gibbs' return might make a difference. But again, over reliance.

Snoeker

Dumpstar said:
South Africa should have thrashed the English in the one dayers, especially after the way Smith and the lads demolished the English test bowlers. There was more than a tinge of match fixing in the air as far as I was concerned. But since Cronje has passed away and Pakistan were thousands of miles away from this series, nobody dared question the results.

Anyway, on to the current South African team. They're on a downward spiral mate. They lack bowlers and Ntini isn't very good on flat tracks. Even after his surprising four wickets. Pollock and Kallis are nowhere near the threat they should be either. Maybe its just the change in climate. But they've been to Pakistan before and demolished arguably more experienced Pakistani teams from the outset.

Saying that, they should still not have lost BOTH one dayers to Pakistan. Maybe Javed Miandad has outfoxed your side (slow batting in the early overs, smash and grab at the end with a bit of punishment for your second stringers). South Africa are DEFINITELY still better than England and like I said I can't believe you didn't come away from here victorious.

To summarise, SA are too over reliant on a few players. And when they won't/can't deliver you're easy picking - even for Pakistan. :eek: Gibbs' return might make a difference. But again, over reliance.
The one dayers were BEFORE the tests. If after I think we would have been more used to conditions.

Bowlers are a problem, its funny that in less than 5 years the strength of the team has shifted from bowling to batting. Not too many coming through either.

As to the draw in England, 2 days rain at Egbaston put paid to that.

Agree with most of what you say though

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Snoeker said:
Duckworth Lewis helps us for a change :lol:
Your missing twelfth man. ;)

You did good today though. The batting is beginning to click again and people like Kallis are finally starting to contribute. I'm also starting to get more impressed by Ntini's discipline.

But beware Inzi will be mightily p*ssed off at this result. And hopefully Sami will be back to help Shoaib out as God knows we don't have many pace alternatives.

Snoeker

Sami injured? All the same, I'm looking forward to the test matches, the onedayers are a bit boring to me lately.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Snoeker said:
Sami injured? All the same, I'm looking forward to the test matches, the onedayers are a bit boring to me lately.
:lol:

I hope that comment was tongue in cheek. Tests being more interesting than one-dayers?!? :nono:

Snoeker

Dumpstar said:
I hope that comment was tongue in cheek. Tests being more interesting than one-dayers?!? :nono:
In terms of creating a game and the complexities. ODI's are entertaining but only for a while.

Anyway, did you see what that cnut Darrel Hair's been up to? :mad:

Polly made to pay up over match dissent

October 08 2003 at 04:15PM

Pakistan - International Cricket Council (ICC) match referee Clive Lloyd on Wednesday fined former South African captain and pacer Shaun Pollock his full match fee for showing dissent but exonerated vice captain Mark Boucher on lack of evidence.

Australian umpire Darrell Hair complained that Pollock showed dissent against a rejected appeal during the third one-day international won by South Africa on Tuesday by 13 runs in the eastern industrial city of Faisalabad.

"Pollock has been fined under level II of the ICC Players code of conduct after he showed dissent," a Pakistan Cricket Board spokesperson said.

Pakistani fielder Shoaib Malik had complained that Boucher used abusive language after he was walking back to the pavilion following his dismissal.

Lloyd held a hearing after Tuesday's match with Pollock, Boucher, two coaches - Pakistan's Javed Miandad and South Africa's Eric Simons - and managers Haroon Rasheed of Pakistan and South African Cassim Docrat.

"There was no evidence found against Boucher so he was exonerated," according to the decision announced in the garrison city of Rawalpindi.

The match referee did not fine Pakistan for slow over rates in the third match, despite its failure to complete the quota of 50 overs by the cut-off time on Tuesday. South Africa won the match under the Duckworth Lewis formula by 13 runs.

Each member of both teams was, however, fined 10 percent of his match fees for the slow over rate in the second one-day match in Lahore. Captains Inzamam-ul Haq of Pakistan and South Africas Graeme Smith were given 20-percent fines.

Pakistan chose not to complain about an incident during the second one-day match when South African allrounder Andrew Hall apparently elbowed Yousuf Youhana while he was completing a single.

Hall and Youhana also had a verbal exchange.

The teams are to meet Friday for a one-day match in Rawalpindi and play another one-day game Sunday.

Pakistan lead the series 2-1. - Sapa-AFP

Link

More to come when I find the other article. An aussie accusing someone else of bd language?

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Hair is a bitty of an arrogant self righteous tw*t. As in the Shoaib chucking case even after proof that Shoaib has weird elbow joints. Hair said "I would always call him up for chucking if he continued bowling like that".

If Pakistan bowled slow overs, they should have been punished. Letting them go only worsens the atmosphere. I don't know about the Pollock incident. Didn't know that even happened.

Snoeker

Apparently Hall was convinced that he got a touch of a ball before it hit the stumps at the non strikers end. He appealed, asked hair to refer it. Hair refused and gave him a warning. Replays showed that Hall had touched it and the batsman (Youhana I think) was well out. :mad:

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Magnamonious barsteward. ;)

Just when you couldn't fix a series anymore than possible. Pakistan fixed it for, and you and you and you.

Jim would have been proud. :(

Snoeker

Dumpstar said:
Magnamonious barsteward. ;)

Just when you couldn't fix a series anymore than possible. Pakistan fixed it for, and you and you and you.

Jim would have been proud. :(
Hansie would have been prouder :)

Nice to be on the other end of a fix :angel: