Next United manager who can get Raphinha + A world class nr.8 and a upcoming CB will succeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyScout78

Without weakness. De Gea or Henderson maybe good enough to be goalkeeper in a winning league team for United. And after buying Sancho and Varane. The big hole after Paul Scholes still hasn’t been solve and covered. The top creativeness from CM. Not only with passing. But with passing opponent players and scoring goals. The complete nr.8 and mind behind United attack. After Scholes. It was Bastian Schweinsteiger. Who was on his way down. Not the peak, top and young Bastian. But his teammates back down. We’re not on top like Giggs or Rooney on top level.

And after Bastian. United bought Pogba. The be the new top nr.8. The creative mind behind United attack. But this season. It’s the first season Pogba get a lot better teammates. Both ball skills, possession and to create big chances. With Sancho, Bruno, Rashford and Greenwood.
One of the reason behind Pogba inconsistent is the level of his teammates. Beside Pogba is not a player that lift his teammates. And besides Pogba. Which really good nr.8/top creative and skillful do United have? McTom, Fred, Matic, Beek and Garner. Are they that complete nr.8?And what happen if Pogba is leaving?

So my conclusion is. If Pogba is staying and reach the consistent top level of Scholes as nr.8 and the level of Bruno as nr.10. Then I think United will be good enough to win the league. To beat City, Chelsea and Liverpool. Special if United current goalkeeper reach top level in the winning season too. It all depend now if Pogba is staying. If he can be consistent on top level week in and out. And if become the complete nr.8. A world class nr.8. If not. I think. Still after Sancho and Varane. It will be difficult for United to win the league.
Bruno not as good as Cantona as the supporting striker/Free nr.10. But I think Bruno current level is good enough to help United winning the league. And I think I am satisfy with McTom as the defe nr.6 too. Main job is to be the destroyer of opponent attack. Beside good enough basic ball skills to pass and get away from opponents players.
CB duo in Maguire and Varane. Sancho not on Giggs level. But not far. Greenwood or Rashford as United future CF and Nr.9.

The super strong and solid central spine is important. So again the positions where United can improve and strength most. Is complete Nr.8 and goalkeeper.
Pogba situation is uncertain. If he stay. He has and his challenge is. To reach the top level of a complete Nr.8. Not only Pogba. Whoever play that role. Beek or Bruno drop down as a option. To make room for both Cavani/Rashford and Greenwood upfront. And like I said earlier. This season is no excuse. Same for the manager. Not good enough teammates or players for the coach. The depth of the United squad is not so worst too. United missing link and last puzzle is still the complete Nr.8. Last season Pogba was used as LW and United still had trouble to beat tight defend and bottom teams. This where the problem. United and Ole have to solve it and find a solution. To become a complete team and without weakness.

Potential a winning league line up:

De Gea - Bissaka - Varane - Maguire - Shaw + McTom - Pogba + Greenwood/Sancho - Bruno - Sancho/Rashford + Greenwood/Rashford/Cavani

If Pogba and De Gea hit a top level over a full season. Shall be a potential good enough starting XI to win the league. Pogba and United didn’t had a top 8 in the last season and after Paul Scholes retirement. Biggest reason why no league winning. Beside a top manager in Sir Alex. Plus Giggs and Rooney. United are definitely close to become a complete team XI. Weakest position and the still missing link is a top consistent compl Nr.8. A peak Scholes or whoever in current football world.

SirAnderson

Banter over now, OP, yeah we need a better midfielder, think everyone recognizes that to be a DM to free up on forward players. Thanks for trying to add to the discussion, hopefully we can get the consistency from Pogba this season, it could definitely help in our title challenge.

Danillaco

We need a defensive minded midfielder. To sit and cover the defense, distribute game from the back and allow Pogba and Bruno more freedom.

We need more Carrick than Scholes.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
Sadly, I fear the op is hoping for too much from Pogba who reminds me very much of Gareth Bale: puts in his best performances for his country and not the club that pays his wages. This is particularly bad with a player who is still in his 20s. I'm not trying to totally blame this one player, it is partly the way football has gone in the last 10-15 years. Imagine if a Man Utd. player tried to turn themself into a 'brand' back in Sir Alex's day, he would soon be told who is the boss-man and that it is the club that is the brand, not an individual player. Similarly, nobody used to be able to 'hide' on the pitch when Keane was the captain. But those days are gone now, can't tell a player what not to do, shout at a player - oh no, player power has gone mad.

Look at the Messi situation, blubbing on TV for his 'beloved' Barcelona - if he loved them so much why not offer to play for £6k a week not 600 and help them recover from their financial troubles?

It is this financial madness which means the teams backed by oligarchs and countries will rule the game for the foreseeable. This is sad, its ruining the game.

Coxy

Sadly, I fear the op is hoping for too much from Pogba who reminds me very much of Gareth Bale: puts in his best performances for his country and not the club that pays his wages. This is particularly bad with a player who is still in his 20s. I'm not trying to totally blame this one player, it is partly the way football has gone in the last 10-15 years. Imagine if a Man Utd. player tried to turn themself into a 'brand' back in Sir Alex's day, he would soon be told who is the boss-man and that it is the club that is the brand, not an individual player. Similarly, nobody used to be able to 'hide' on the pitch when Keane was the captain. But those days are gone now, can't tell a player what not to do, shout at a player - oh no, player power has gone mad.

Look at the Messi situation, blubbing on TV for his 'beloved' Barcelona - if he loved them so much why not offer to play for £6k a week not 600 and help them recover from their financial troubles?

It is this financial madness which means the teams backed by oligarchs and countries will rule the game for the foreseeable. This is sad, its ruining the game.
Because he couldn't: https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...ages-la-liga-salary-cap-play-free-why-1141150

wolvored

Couldn't agree more. Well said

Utd77

Problem positions at GK and CDM, disappointed that Romero was vanquished tbh as he is a solid keeper and never let anyone down.

CDM certainly needs addressing, Matic is way past his best while Fred is in all honesty not up to standard for a team that has aspirations
of winning the league.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Last edited:

Mr Smith

Call me a snob, but I personally think there should be a minimum standard for syntax and sentence structure to post in the caf.

marktan

Ndidi or Bissouma for DM and we win the league.

Well we'll probably still be second behind City but it'd be a lot closer.

Guapa

Brono needs help/a rest in dictating play.I’d take Maddison all day long,quality player if he could behave himself.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I live for these threads.

Tee27

still need a quality CDM to complete.

Camavinga or Goretzka ?
Surely camavinga is too young yet to be the sole DM and he seems to play more as a energetic B2B with some good defensive stats. Goretzka also isn’t a out and out DM and has Kimmich next to him who fills that role.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
PhaseOfPlay is that you.

And to answer the question, Sir Alex Ferguson.

Utd77

One or two missing links such as CDM, but the real problem I suspect ultimately, is going to be the manager.

Dare to Zlatan

Supports
Zlatan
Is there not a Bulgarian DM currently plying his trade in the polish second division that you’d recommend to solve our problems?

Mainoldo

City still need a striker! Couldn’t careless at this point we are ready!!

Let’s hope this seasons bangs. I’m all ready to go! :keano:

Goku1983

Im baffled why were not going all in for either Bissouma Nevez or even Saul hes not a true DM but would be much better than Mcfred I wonder if Ole is planning to use Donny how Fergie used Carrick ?

Tee27

How about Nididi? Any recommendations ?
I’ve always thought Ndidi would be good although I have slight reservations about his passing ability.

If we set up so he’s just the main screen in front of the defence and he can get someone like pogba more of a license I think would be good as responsibility to get on the ball and pick passes won’t be on his shoulders as much.

i do like the look of Zakaria from the admittedly limited times I’ve watched him but I can’t say Ive watched him too much to give a full understanding on whether he would be good enough.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Why do we not think overall squad improvement with the new players will not be enough to go 1 better than last season?. Why are there still doubters in the Way of Ole?.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Why do we not think overall squad improvement with the new players will not be enough to go 1 better than last season?. Why are there still doubters in the Way of Ole?.
We bought a right winger & a centre half.
Still haven't solved our midfield & striker problems. Also, in my case, I don't think Henderson is good enough and I'm not sure if DDG can recover his best form.
Fair enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.