Television Toast of London C4

Loon

:lol:
Hi all,

Easing my way into the mains with this one. Performed a search, but saw no mention of this C4 comedy series starring Matt 'Garth Marenghi' 'It Crowd' Berry and co-written with Arthur 'Father Ted' Matthews.

All eps to date, including pilot, are available on 4OD. Show is still running at the moment and I keep telling people about it hoping C4 commission a second series rather than binning it as they did 'Garth Marenghi.'

b82REZ

Recorded them but not watched yet. Love Matt Berry and from the adverts this shows seems a little Garth Merenghi.

Which episode is the first one because they all have different names?

Loon

:lol:

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
I thought this is an absolute gem among Britain's comedies. Are not more people watching it? It's on Netflix now.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Never watched it personally, despised his character in the IT crowd and thought he ruined a lot of the episodes by simply appearing. Seen him pop up here and there as his character and it's just obnoxious and not funny, all seems about a decade too late and been done before and far better.

He's got a great voice though, I'll give him that. Very distinguishable.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
One of my favorite comedies. Arthur Mathews is just as brilliant as Graham Linehan.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Amazing! I binged this show over a day and a half a few years ago.

Glad we're getting more!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Anyone seen this then? First episode was like it hadn’t been away.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Anyone seen this then? First episode was like it hadn’t been away.
It's been brilliant so far, and they appear to have done away with the musical interludes, which were always the weakest part of an episode. I want more of Ray bloody Purchase though.

Loving the cameos too!

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
What! You mean there was Toast before Tinseltown?! I discovered Tinseltown last week scrolling through iPlayer and thought yeah I could watch Matt Berry. Was a bit difficult getting through the the first episode but then it clicked into place and I love, love, love it.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
What! You mean there was Toast before Tinseltown?! I discovered Tinseltown last week scrolling through iPlayer and thought yeah I could watch Matt Berry. Was a bit difficult getting through the the first episode but then it clicked into place and I love, love, love it.
Yes I can hear you Clem Fandango lost on you, for shame

decorativeed

It's been brilliant so far, and they appear to have done away with the musical interludes, which were always the weakest part of an episode. I want more of Ray bloody Purchase though.

Loving the cameos too!
I enjoyed this series, but I have the opposite opinion about the musical bits. I missed them this series.

They managed to pull together a very impressive cast of guest stars for this. I heard Fred Armisen talking about his involvement in this on the Smartless podcast, but I didn't know about the rest.

decorativeed

The first time I watched Toast of London, I thought this was one of the funniest bits:

I didn't realise it was a solution to a rights issue with the original song he sang - Ghost Town, by the Specials. Whoever came up with that idea was inspired!

Here's the original:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Loving the cameos too!
Yeah I almost didn’t recognise Rashida Jones.

The brilliant names keep coming too. Charles Bonus :lol: