Toaster Toes Timo Werner | Tottenham Player

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
That was my big worry about signing Lukaku, record signing or not he shouldn't be immune to rotation if a match situation suits other players better.
I don't have a problem with Lukaku starting the big games, he's our best goal scorer. Can't leave him out if fit, other than for rotation so he doesn't get injured.

I hope he would get subbed though if not working in that game, as we've got loads of other options available. Like Mount, Havertz and others have been hooked in recent games and we've gone on to do much better in them.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Apparently Bayern and Barca are interested. I think Chelsea will let him go after this season.
agreed. He will go and another will come in. Thats my suspicion. Think it could be a big summer for us next yr

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Was yesterday night his best Chelsea game so far?
And then they can't hold on to the win, what cruel irony :D

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Was yesterday night his best Chelsea game so far?
And then they can't hold on to the win, what cruel irony :D
2 goals and 1 assist against Southampton last season. Chelsea couldn't hold on to the win that day either.

Perhaps his misses in front of goal was our secret good luck charm all along.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Where has this guy gone? Have barely seen any glimpses of this kind of finishing. Good contributor in many other ways, but he's been an absolute dud in front of goal from day one, and it's not like he's not had any chances, he's missed an extraordinary amount of sitters/great chances.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Where has this guy gone? Have barely seen any glimpses of this kind of finishing. Good contributor in many other ways, but he's been an absolute dud in front of goal from day one, and it's not like he's not had any chances, he's missed an extraordinary amount of sitters/great chances.

Confidence and environment. Happens to players sometimes, especially strikers. Forlan at Utd was another example.

Timo will probably go to another league eventually and show his old form again.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Confidence and environment. Happens to players sometimes, especially strikers. Forlan at Utd was another example.

He's barely even sprinting this season. Where has his pace gone? You're probably right. Its a confidence issue. It's just weird to see old clips of him just banging them in from all angles.

desertegil

Supports
ODDs Ballklubb
Just checked his actual goals scored vs expected goals in the Premier League and he's scored only 7 goals from 16.55xG (43%).

The 2nd worst xG conversion (43%) in the top 5 leagues out of players with at least 10 xG in the past 2 seasons.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

There might be a reason why Bayern passed on him twice.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Just checked his actual goals scored vs expected goals in the Premier League and he's scored only 7 goals from 16.55xG (43%).

The 2nd worst xG conversion (43%) in the top 5 leagues out of players with at least 10 xG in the past 2 seasons.
Yeah he's had a rough time of it in front of goal, and I don't know where all that confidence has gone.

pascell

He was like that for Leipzig also, I'm not surprised he hasn't been clinical for Chelsea. If a striker is to be prolific they have to be instinctive, never has he struck me as the type.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Reminds me of how Ciro Immobile completely flopped at Dortmund and then Sevillla but went back to Italy and dominated the goal scoring tables with Lazio.

Sometimes the environment, and pressure, plays a role. Werner never have me an impression of someone who was mentally strong.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea

I doubt it, Werner is one of the worst footballers i have seen at Chelsea.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
What a waste of money he was.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I look forward to seeing us linked with him in 5 years time when we decide not to renew Benzema’s contract at the club.

Mike Smalling

Looking at Lukaku, Werner, Pulisic, Ziyech, and Havertz it's really remarkable how little value they have gotten for their money on forwards recently.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
At chelsea he started 17 games in CL and we won 13 and drew 4. He scored 8 and 4 assists. He thrived when he got space and cl games gave him that.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Liverpool got lucky avoiding this one yet again. Ever since SAF retired they have completely blessed.

Josh 76

Liverpool got lucky avoiding this one yet again. Ever since SAF retired they have completely blessed.
Every player they sign becomes world class, maybe Werner probably could have been too!

Irrational.

Chelsea are one of the biggest money wasters in football (alongside us), constantly seeking the latest shiny toys and then binning them off after a season or two. At least we give them a chance.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Weird timing. He seemed to be finally settling in and looking like a decent player towards the end of last season.
Weird take, given he wasn't even a starter in most games towards the end of last season. And even when he played he was still the same old Werner with little change to be seen.

In his first season at the club I thought he played really well most of the time, even if he had zero luck in front of goal. He still contributed a lot by creating chances and racking up a good amount of assists, some even in vital times (ie. run to the UCL). Last season there weren't any more goals to his game but his overall play wasn't as good and most of the season he ended up seeing quite little game time.

Either way, very much a likeable guy and always tried his best. Good luck to him, hope he gets back to his best at his old club.'

Chelsea are one of the biggest money wasters in football (alongside us), constantly seeking the latest shiny toys and then binning them off after a season or two. At least we give them a chance.
Werner himself wanted to go. He's the one who instigated a move, not Tuchel or the club.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Bit of a strange one getting rid of him for Sterling. That's a lot of money to bring in another player with basically the exact same strengths and weaknesses and probably only a marginal upgrade in quality.

Can see him knocking in goals for fun again against suicidal Bundesliga defences anyway.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Goes home with a CL medal and he played a big part in it including making space for Havertz goal in the final.

Shame his finishing was so frustrating with us. Fell out with Tuchel, we've got far too many players so easy decision to take the €20+10m.

Caesar2290

Bingo!

The only reason they seem more well run is because they farm out loanees and sell them for a profit. Their recruitment has been as shambolic as ours.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Weird take, given he wasn't even a starter in most games towards the end of last season. And even when he played he was still the same old Werner with little change to be seen.

In his first season at the club I thought he played really well most of the time, even if he had zero luck in front of goal. He still contributed a lot by creating chances and racking up a good amount of assists, some even in vital times (ie. run to the UCL). Last season there weren't any more goals to his game but his overall play wasn't as good and most of the season he ended up seeing quite little game time.

Either way, very much a likeable guy and always tried his best. Good luck to him, hope he gets back to his best at his old club.'
Why are you making stuff up?

From Chelsea’s own website

A strong April
Timo found his best form of the season in the penultimate month of the season, netting twice in our 6-0 win at Southampton, before scoring at the Santiago Bernabeu just three days later in another strong performance. His two goals against the Saints made it five goals in four appearances against Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side – a manager who knows him well from their time together at RB Leipzig.

Despite not scoring at Wembley in our FA Cup semi-final, Timo was still the best player on the park as we beat Crystal Palace, assisting Mason Mount’s goal at the national stadium. Werner got his fourth goal in as many games when we hosted Arsenal, which turned out to be his final contribution of note of the campaign.

Though Werner featured 37 times for the club in the 2021/22 season, 15 fewer appearances than he made in his debut campaign for the Blues, he only scored one fewer goal. It took his goals-per-game ratio up from 23 per cent to 30 per cent.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The fans won’t like to hear it, but they have a history of derailing attacking players. They always seem to have too many options there in recent seasons and never seem to give anyone a fair shake and a proper/consistent run in the team.

This is another one that could have possibly worked out with patience and consistency, but he has been in and out and in and out, just like Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic, Ziyech, Havertz etc…

No one is given time to settle into a system and feel confident in their role.