Toby Alderweireld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Haven't watched much of Lengelt, but from what I've seen I didn't find him to be very impressive. Yes he was great against us, but I don't think he is that good consistently
Also even if we were in for him, he would have chosen Barca ahead of us
Barca have a better team than us plus he won't have to move to an unknown league / country. He's settled in Spain and happy there, so why would he move
We would likely offer him more legal tender than Barcelona.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
The Mirror now saying we (Bayern) are interested in signing Alderweireld as a Boateng replacement. Still don't see how it makes sense for us to replace one almost 30 year old CB with another. Also Spurs will never let him go now they can't get a replacement themselves. I any mutual interest exists, it will certainly not happen this summer.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The Mirror now saying we (Bayern) are interested in signing Alderweireld as a Boateng replacement. Still don't see how it makes sense for us to replace one almost 30 year old CB with another. Also Spurs will never let him go now they can't get a replacement themselves. I any mutual interest exists, it will certainly not happen this summer.
I think we would let him go for the right price - we have Foyth sitting in reserve who Poch rates very highly from what I hear.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Spurs will definitely want shot of him this window or January at the latest. No way they will want him in the squad for the entire season unless he signs a new contract with them

HJ12

Could see this appealing to Spurs, especially since it's selling to a club abroad...not selling to your rivals and all that.

Litch

its funny as what we are losing rapidly in football is experienced players, as once someone hits 30 they are considered to be 'old'. The irony is the best players in most positions in the world are in their 30's anyway.....what are we suggesting, we don't sign the best players cause they are too old?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
its funny as what we are losing rapidly in football is experienced players, as once someone hits 30 they are considered to be 'old'. The irony is the best players in most positions in the world are in their 30's anyway.....what are we suggesting, we don't sign the best players cause they are too old?
It's worse than that. Players are breaking through later too. There are far fewer 19/20 year olds tearing it up at top sides.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Be surprised if Spurs refuse to sell him.

He clearly isn't first choice and his wage to sit on the bench will be a factor.

If they can get 30-35million from a club abroad, I think they will let him go, and also think it is the right decision.

OoopsMisclick

Be surprised if Spurs refuse to sell him.

He clearly isn't first choice and his wage to sit on the bench will be a factor.

If they can get 30-35million from a club abroad, I think they will let him go, and also think it is the right decision.
He isn't first choice because he doesn't want to renew.

Also, abroad, who do you think wants to buy him exactly? I'm guessing plenty of teams but none can afford him outside of the likes of bayern, real, barca etc.
He'll get bigger wages in England and as far as I know, human trafficking has been forbidden in EU so Spurs can't force him to sign for a EU team even if they'd receive 50mil for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.