Tom Cleverley | 2011/12 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances Forum' started by #07, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 20, 2012

Rado_N Yaaas Broncos!

He meant his 'playa' lifestyle, he wants loads of women.
  2. Jun 20, 2012

KM I’m afraid I just blue myself Staff

Nice interview, excited to see how he performs next season. Good attitude as well.
  3. Jun 20, 2012

#07 makes new threads with tweets in the OP

I think more the case that young skilful players like Cleverley tend to get targeted. The likes of Kevin Davies see what he's capable of and take it upon themselves to kick him out of the game. Its fortunate for us that Cleverley's English cos it meant he was on our radar as a kid but for him, maybe, it would've been better to have been born on the continent where your short, skinny playmaker types get more protection. The kind of challenges Cleverley has faced during his loan spells in the lower divisions in England would be regarded as X-rated in Spain. Its impossible to prove but I'm pretty sure had Cleverley been playing on the continent he would never have had to face the tackle from behind that effectively ended his season this year (as he never fully recovered from it and that led to recurrences). The referees over there just don't allow that whereas here our referees just give your Kevin Davies' a talking to and allow him to go on playing the hardman by targeting the next smallest player on the field, Patrice Evra, and doing nothing after persistent attempts to take him out too... :rolleyes:
  4. Jun 20, 2012

thegregster Harbinger of new information

Then the six fingered banjo playing Bolton brigade wonder why the England team lack so much in terms of guile.
  5. Jun 20, 2012

davisjw Full Member

I just love the idea of being a footballer and magically getting injured and told by the gaffer to put my feet up and relax for months while getting paid millions to now watch videos.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.