Tomb Raider 2013 game

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
It's basically Uncharted with Lara Croft easily my favourite game so far this year I have to restrain myself from playing so I don't finish it in a instant!

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Used to love tomb raider back on the old ps.

Bebe

Looks pretty good. Unfortunately I'm playing Far Cry 3 right now and will probably be sick of the remote jungle island filled with pirates setting by the time I'm finished.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm currently downloading this from one of those horrible websites to give it a play before I decide to buy it or not but it's taking forever! 80kbps on a 9gb file...

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I'm currently downloading this from one of those horrible websites to give it a play before I decide to buy it or not but it's taking forever! 80kbps on a 9gb file...
Ouch that's horrible, will take you more than a while, I have played it and enjoyed it but was nothing out of the ordinary for me...

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
My dad used to love this game, might buy it for him. But is it anything like the original games? Simple gameplay, and easy keyboard/mouse controls?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ouch that's horrible, will take you more than a while, I have played it and enjoyed it but was nothing out of the ordinary for me...
Yeah they haven't released a Demo and I'm not paying full price before I have a play. Do they still have her house? That was the best bit for me on the old games, her house getting upgraded each game and more secret areas and hitting a switch and beating the maze before the door shut, the assault course, the Butler, ect ect

I'm going to guess they don't. They always overlook simple pleasures like that in games now and produce cookie cutter games. Level, Cutscene, Level Cutscene, rinse repeat, end credits.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
My dad used to love this game, might buy it for him. But is it anything like the original games? Simple gameplay, and easy keyboard/mouse controls?
It's not like the old ones more like Pexbo described level cutscene level like Uncharted. I would say the story and characters are better in the Uncharted games but the gameplay in this is more fun especially when using the bow.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Got a Lost vibe from it so far, beginning is great although you'd think she'd want to tend to her wound rather than finding food! Silly girl.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
There's so much hand holding in this game. I'm only about half an hour into it but things like if you don't solve a small puzzle in about 5-10 seconds, Lara will say something like ''Hmm, maybe this object goes there'' or ''I think I have to climb this''. feck off, I know what I'm doing.

There's also Survival Instinct (Batman's Detective Mode from the Arkham game basically) so if you're too dumb to find even the most basic objectives this'll guide you along.

The game is an 18 cert, you don't need to treat the players like complete retards. Anyway, small rant over.

Still liking the game aside from the hand holding though.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Might actually get this, looks pretty good.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Yeah they haven't released a Demo and I'm not paying full price before I have a play. Do they still have her house? That was the best bit for me on the old games, her house getting upgraded each game and more secret areas and hitting a switch and beating the maze before the door shut, the assault course, the Butler, ect ect

I'm going to guess they don't. They always overlook simple pleasures like that in games now and produce cookie cutter games. Level, Cutscene, Level Cutscene, rinse repeat, end credits.
Not from what I saw I am afraid, but there are always patches/ cheats/ extra's and things, I never really looked too much into it. I think it was number II were they had an assault course in the garden and you couldn't fall off, that was good, and there was one where you could undress her in her pool :drool: Moving on...

Completely agree, only thing for me one of my favourite games (Final Fantasy) falls down on, I don't want endless scenario's or videos to depict the scene, I want to play it myself! But in all seriousness, despite what I have said, I do rate the game and it's worth playing, but if your expecting this to be COMPLETELY different to ex-tomb raider, then you shouldn't, for me it is what it is, an updated Tomb Raider.

Might actually get this, looks pretty good.
It's definitely worth playing...

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Is this worth buying then? Comparable to Uncharted?
Very similar, in my opinion. It looks, feels and plays like Uncharted except instead of a wise-cracking Nathan Drake you get a young, innocent Lara Croft who grunts a lot.

That's not a criticism though, I'm enjoying it lot so far even with the hand holding, which has calmed down a bit now that I'm around 2 hours into it.

It's not as linear as Uncharted though, there's biggish areas that you can explore looking for relics, documents, hidden tombs and other stuff.

Is it worth buying? Dunno, if you like Uncharted you should like this.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Just finished it. Great game, beautiful graphics (on the pc) good storyline, puzzles, action, jumping about, fair bit of shooting, some hunting, weapons upgrades etc. made for a brilliant experience.

I also loved the fact that it's lara Croft, before she became 'Tomb Raider' and they didn't feck up a great franchise. In fact, if they continue the series in this form, to this standard, then it will be amazing.

Best Tomb Raider ever? All things considered, I'd say so.

iSparky

Hoping to pick this up later today.

iSparky

Can we get her naked in this one?

iSparky

Just booting it up now, f.a.p time!

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I also like how Lara herself looks more natural. She's not a glossed up pin up girl, she gets dirty and bloody. The games a lot of fun.

iSparky

I'm liking this so far! I like younger lara, she starts off all nervous and vulnerable. Then she is off killing cnuts, great so far!

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Just finished it, great game. It's basically an Uncharted game, pretty much exactly, but then Uncharted ripped off Tomb Raider, and they both ripped off Indiana Jones, so fair's fair. It's got a better story than the last Uncharted, but not as good characters. Though no one really gives a feck about that. It's got some fantastically enjoyable levels, and that's all you really need to know.

I thought I'd basically finished it last night after...
Fleeing from the burning Oriental whatevermebob and jumping onto the Helicopter
But no. Then I thought I'd finished it when..
I went back and rescued the crew
But no. It just kept fecking going. For, like, ages. I wouldn't be surprised if I hadn't actually finished it and there's a whole other 4 hour bit after the credits.

Very rewarding IMO, but then 3rd person action adventure games are pretty much the only ones I play that aren't football or fighting.

I though the very final post ending fight bit where ..
She picks up the second gun and replicates the iconic original Tomb Raider shizzle with Batman Beginsish music was a nice touch. An incredibly cheesy touch, but very nice all the same.
Fantastic reboot IMO. Though for a natural archeological prodigy with great instincts, she aint half fecking slow to cotton on to the plot.

iSparky

Love a bit of virtual cleavage.