Top 10 PL forwards this century

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Probably a topic that's been discussed before, but these discussions are always fun. Rank your top 10 PL forwards since 2000. Judge them on whatever barometers you think to be the most appropriate. I will judge them on talent, output, success and longevity. I am not putting Shearer and Cole in my list as I believe their peaks were before 2000 and while Shearer posted great numbers post 2000, his lack of success in terms of trophies compared to the names below makes me leave him out.

1. Thierry Henry- Hard to look past him as the number 1, as much as I disliked him back in the day. Ticks all the boxes in terms of being an extraordinary talent, winning 2 PL titles post 2000 and longevity with great output.

2. Cristiano Ronaldo- Wasn't really a forward in his first 3 years, but really changed the game with regards to wide forwards in his final 3 years. Extraordinary numbers, 3 PL titles in a row, coupled with a CL win and a runner's up medal. Had he stayed a couple more years, he would undoubtedly have been the number 1.

3. Wayne Rooney- The most titles, most goals and most assists of anyone in this list. Says it all. While there were probably better out and out CFs than him, none apart from the top 2 were better footballers than him, in my opinion.

4. Sergio Aguero- Another hated foe, but credit where its due, his achievements this decade have been extraordinary. He's been instrumental in 4 league titles for City and been consistent for almost a decade.

5. Didier Drogba- While his goalscoring output is not that high compared to some of the other names on here, his overall game and ability to rise to the big occasion, coupled with his longevity and success make me rate him higher than some of the names below.

6. Harry Kane- The true heir to Alan Shearer, seems destined to break his record but also destined to play for a team that isn't gonna win many trophies. His numbers are quite phenomenal but his lack of silverware push him down in my list.

7. Ruud van Nistelrooy- Probably the best in box striker I have seen. Extraordinary numbers, averaging 30 goals a season and carried us during our leaner mid 00s period. But only 1 PL title and a lack of longevity in the league means he's only no. 7.

8. Robin Van Persie- A phenomenal talent who perhaps wasted his peak at Arsenal. Only really posted great numbers in his last 2 years for them and first season with us, but did lead us to a league title and so I rank him above no. 9.

9. Luis Suarez- Easily the most unlikable fellow on this list. For all his prodigious talent and a couple of great seasons, he never won anything with Pool, nor did he stay long enough to merit higher ranking.

10. Eden Hazard- It was a toss up between Torres and him for the last spot but I chose him as he had a longer peak and was instrumental in 2 PL title wins for Chelsea. His output pales in comparison to some of the others on here but he was usually deployed as a wide forward and his talent plus the fact he did generally deliver double digit numbers in goals every season clinch it for him.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Probably a topic that's been discussed before, but these discussions are always fun. Rank your top 10 PL forwards since 2000. Judge them on whatever barometers you think to be the most appropriate. I will judge them on talent, output, success and longevity. I am not putting Shearer and Cole in my list as I believe their peaks were before 2000 and while Shearer posted great numbers post 2000, his lack of success in terms of trophies compared to the names below makes me leave him out.

1. Thierry Henry- Hard to look past him as the number 1, as much as I disliked him back in the day. Ticks all the boxes in terms of being an extraordinary talent, winning 2 PL titles post 2000 and longevity with great output.

2. Cristiano Ronaldo- Wasn't really a forward in his first 3 years, but really changed the game with regards to wide forwards in his final 3 years. Extraordinary numbers, 3 PL titles in a row, coupled with a CL win and a runner's up medal. Had he stayed a couple more years, he would undoubtedly have been the number 1.

3. Wayne Rooney- The most titles, most goals and most assists of anyone in this list. Says it all. While there were probably better out and out CFs than him, none apart from the top 2 were better footballers than him, in my opinion.

4. Sergio Aguero- Another hated foe, but credit where its due, his achievements this decade have been extraordinary. He's been instrumental in 4 league titles for City and been consistent for almost a decade.

5. Didier Drogba- While his goalscoring output is not that high compared to some of the other names on here, his overall game and ability to rise to the big occasion, coupled with his longevity and success make me rate him higher than some of the names below.

6. Harry Kane- The true heir to Alan Shearer, seems destined to break his record but also destined to play for a team that isn't gonna win many trophies. His numbers are quite phenomenal but his lack of silverware push him down in my list.

7. Ruud van Nistelrooy- Probably the best in box striker I have seen. Extraordinary numbers, averaging 30 goals a season and carried us during our leaner mid 00s period. But only 1 PL title and a lack of longevity in the league means he's only no. 7.

8. Robin Van Persie- A phenomenal talent who perhaps wasted his peak at Arsenal. Only really posted great numbers in his last 2 years for them and first season with us, but did lead us to a league title and so I rank him above no. 9.

9. Luis Suarez- Easily the most unlikable fellow on this list. For all his prodigious talent and a couple of great seasons, he never won anything with Pool, nor did he stay long enough to merit higher ranking.

10. Eden Hazard- It was a toss up between Torres and him for the last spot but I chose him as he had a longer peak and was instrumental in 2 PL title wins for Chelsea. His output pales in comparison to some of the others on here but he was usually deployed as a wide forward and his talent plus the fact he did generally deliver double digit numbers in goals every season clinch it for him.
Where's Rooney?????