Top 4 discussion 2020-2021

rotherham_red

So you’d agree to an extent that we’re pretty level? I think that’s fair. And to say that we’re level now for me personally suggests that Ole has done the better job given the shambles he inherited. I know this isn’t what the thread is about, I just don’t understand this idea from the opening poster that Ole is some Alan Pardew like chancer whereas Lampard is doing a good job.
Especially so when you consider Lampard took over a team that was 3rd and was reigning EL champions, and Ole, well, we all know where we were Ole took over.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I mean does it really matter about relative placing?

1/2: City/Liverpool (swap depending on form/transfers/etc)
3/4: Chelsea/United**/Spurs*
5/6: Arsenal/Leicester***/Wolves

*if Spurs spends. Also, I think Mourinho will have a better second season there. If they don't spend drop them to third tier
**Even without Sancho I think with Pogba back we have enough quality in the team to comfortably finish top 4, some distance between us and top 2
***Can Brendan make next leap with current squad? They'll need some talent, plus Vardy is getting old. I like Maddison and Ndidi though, great players.

arnie_ni

Last 12 games before the suspension of the league you picked up 1 more point than us, is Pickford letting a shot squirm in through his body the difference between progressing and falling off a cliff?

It was late November/early December when we picked up 3 points in 5 games (while you were unbeaten in the same time frame) that's allowed you to close the gap, since Christmas time our results have been similar.
ighalo missed a sitter that game as well. Cant just look at an isolated incident like that to form an argument

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think Bruno is a game changer. I think that kind of quality breeds confidence into teams that they will create chances.

If United added Sancho on top of that, it’s a guarantee of top 4. They would have too much quality and pace for most teams and would pick up points more consistently against the mid table sides and would be a danger to the top teams too.

Players like Maguire and AWB have been way better than people have given them credit for. Maguire in particular is a casualty of his price tag. He has been great in most games and has played nearly them all!

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
ighalo missed a sitter that game as well. Cant just look at an isolated incident like that to form an argument
Point being either way the post I quoted made it sound like you were on another planet to us before the suspension which couldn't be further from the truth.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Since when have Martial, Pogba and Rashford been injury prone?
For some reasons some people seem to confuse bad injuries(which take long) with being injury prone(aka Jones who gets injured every time he steps on the pitch). All of those 3 had bad injuries this season which sidelined them for significant amount of time but in no way are they injury prone. They don't drop after every 2 games.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Next season could be a cracker. I think it'll be much tighter than the last couple years.
Top 4 to be much closer:
Liverpool: On paper I still dont think they are that amazing bar front 3 and VanDijk, yet their record the last couple of years is insane. Not sure if its wishful thinking but I think theyll come off that pace but still be hard to beat.
Chelsea: Good young team and strengthening. I can see them challenging for the title.
City: Still strong but getting older and in decline. Focus on the champions league in Peps last season.
United: I think a close finish between City and United for 3rd/4th. United are continuing to strengthen and Sancho to come... Young team who have good and bad runs so confidence plays a part. I think we need the Pogba situation resolving one way or the other pre season or the soap opera may impact us.
A chunky gap then another tight race for 5th to 8th.
Arsenal: A regular in the Europa spots nowadays. Does Aubemayang want out? Will do their usual splash on 1 player but I think 5th is their ceiling.
Everton: Continue to splash the cash and have been turning it around under Ancelotti.
Leicester: Overachieved this season but the wheels coming off after christmas. Ive gone 7th but could easily end up mid table with their squad size and a focus on the champions league.
Spurs: In decline for some time despite the champions league run. Poch did well keeping his reputation intact and banking 15m or so. I don't dislike Mourinho at all but he has been in slow decline since Madrid. Still built a title winning team again at Chelsea but that will be his last one. Its all about Mourinho rather than the players until he leaves in a year or so.

sp_107

Wondering how much money we get if we win champions league ?

I guess it is around 75M prize money + 30 M TV money and on top of this around 20 M match day ticket money + extra shirt sales money ? Looks like around 150M in total which is a great money. Anything else can be added to this ?

how much Europa league winners will get ? Around 60-70 M in total ?

Call me a dreamer but I wish we win champions league few times like Zidane and spend that money on great signings.