Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

MadMike

Can’t believe both our top 4 rivals lost this weekend :lol:

We really, really need to capitalise tomorrow. Anything other than a win will be deeply demoralising.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
It's happening. The 3rd spot will be ours.

This ain't 2019. Bruno has vastly improved the playing, Greenwood is scoring, Matic is working, Pogba seems fit and motivated, Maguire is good enough and then some, Ole irradiates confidence.

What a difference with 2019, that miserable race for EL positions, with the likes of Lukaku, Lingard, Herrera, Young, Fred, Jones, ugh...

jamesjimmybyrondean

Chelsea still has Wolves and Liverpool to play. Leceister still has Sheffield Tottenham and us. Today's win is very important not only because we would climb to third but because it gives us a breather since both Chelsea and Leceisters upcoming games are difficult and they could drop more points. So a win today and I can see us still coming third even if we win just 2 games after

Strelok

And It'll happen again after we beat(likely) Southampton. After the game people will jump on the "We are the third best team in the league" and gloat then comes CP and they'll start shitting the bed again going on long tangent trying to explain why CP is a dangerous team to us despite them losing 5 in a row including thumpings.
Yeah pretty much the caf :lol:

Number32

No team talk needed tomorrow.

Show the team the league table.
Bad idea, it will give them tons of pressure.
Just enjoy the game, and the result will come.

Ole and his players never talk about the league table in any press con, They always answer it with the same sentence:
"We just want to focus for the next game"

drmuji

Pogba and Rashford were injured not that long ago, I think they will need to be rested more so than the other lads.
On the contrary, they got fit during the lockdown and kept working out on their recovery so they are hungry and need game time (especially Rashford) to make sure they are back to their best.
I worry about Bruno, he has played literally played every single game. He needs a break

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You would rather we win by less than three goals tomorrow than by 3, if given the choice?
That's not what I meant! Its a tough game tomorrow. Firstly, the GD will not come into play, and even if it does, we have a better opportunity to do so by thrashing WHU. Hassenhuttl has his side playing well, and I won't be sulking on here if we get win by a 1 or a 2 goal margin.

Infra-red

This is it now - squeeky bum time. Four games in nine days means we have no choice, will have to rotate - the question is who and when.

diarm

Both Chelsea and Leicester?
Not necessarily Leicester as we've gained a hell of a lot of ground on them.

I think the point of the tweet was that every time Chelsea have played before us and slipped up, we've failed to capitalise on the chance.

We've still managed to gain ground because we've played before them a fair few times and won more of those games, with Chelsea then slipping up later.

ManRed

Makes it a little harder with the ban lifted for city but we are in a great position and should get through. Leicester and Chelsea should be more worried with this decision.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Reduces the motivation of Sheffield and Wolves who still have to play Leicester and Chelsea.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Reduces the motivation of Sheffield and Wolves who still have to play Leicester and Chelsea.
Maybe a little for Wolves but Sheffield United haven't been involved in European competition for decades. I'm sure everyone at the club will be looking forward to the chance of European aways at new places.

Makes it a little harder with the ban lifted for city but we are in a great position and should get through. Leicester and Chelsea should be more worried with this decision.
No it doesn’t - the aim was always to finish top 4

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Win our next 2 games and top4 is ours.

If we win Europa league will 5th get a CL spot?

rotherham_red

I don't think it will for Sheffield Utd - they still have EL to play for. Wolves maybe, but with the way they play the game, I can't see anything but them giving Chelsea a tough time.

The key for us is to win the next three games and guarantee 3rd. We don't have to rely on anyone else. Leicester and Chelsea's run-ins will sort the rest out.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Don't see how it can be anyone else but us & Chelsea right now tbh. Will be surprised if Leicester win any of their remaining games.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would be great for the likes of Ziyech and Werner to roll in to the Europa League!

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I expect Chelsea & Leicester to choke further under pressure in their upcoming games after this City decision because they cannot afford to drop a single point.

No more excuses.