Television Top Boy

AaronRedDevil

Just finished it. It was alright. Wish they kept the Irish in it longer.
So who don the mandem at the end? Feck i hate the way they talk :lol:

Last edited:

hp88

Watched it last night, thought it was the worst season they have done of this, no real major storyline here just padding until the last scene.

Sara125

Is it bad that I really wanted to see Stefan kill Sully :nervous: Also…Shelly and Dushane had absolutely no chemistry, Little Simz would have been better casted as a sister or close female friend who gives good advice and is always there for Dushane.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
4 episodes in … wtf have they done to one of my favourite shows? Everything seems different. Dialogue and script is shocking compared to all the previous shows. All edge seems to have been polished out. Dunno, something just feels a bit more contrived than previous seasons.

Last edited:

Heardy

Shite ending

Dushane dead, Sully dead. Kieran dead. Jaq seeming to want out, Stefan bottling it. For nobody to end up as “Top Boy” was a shit way to finish

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Worst season by a mile, but still some enjoyable moments.

The killer is definitely Jaq, Sully would have killed her otherwise, you can see her bounce walk and she has no need of the drugs etc or would have searched the car for them.

Sara125

Barry Keoghan is shite.
I agree with AaronRedDevil. I actually think his character and the whole Irish family aspect had loads of potential if that storyline would have been fleshed out more and the season was more than 6 episodes.

Last edited:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

The killer is definitely Jaq, Sully would have killed her otherwise, you can see her bounce walk and she has no need of the drugs etc or would have searched the car for them.
Jaq makes most sense. But what throws me off is that I paused the moment the killer walks past the windscreen and it looks like the killer has on a black bomber jacket and some sort of white/ pattern head scarf type of thing which makes me think it's a female. The only person that wore the head scarf though was Kierons mum and never Jaq. But is she capable? The other thing I considered is who would know where he would be? The Irish mentioned his daughter. So they may have waited and followed. But the clothing doesn't check out. I also think the Irish would have took the bags back, which seemed to be in the car. So somebody not interested in the drugs makes sense. But then we're back to Jaq and Kierons mum. Maybe even Erin. Who knows? I don't get why they would end it like that really and not just show us who did it. No need for a 'whodunnit?'

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel

I thought it was a good last season and ending, watched it all in one go, slow day at work. Think they rushed it through and some of it didn’t seem realistic, especially with Dushane and his story at the end of the season.

Couldn’t remember half the people they were talking about so had to watch it all again to get caught up.

Season 2 of Top Boy was a struggle, full of pointless trips abroad and interactions, although did have some good moments.

that was my first thought as well, only watched it once and will slow it down the second time round and see if it changes my mind. My son suggested Kieron’s Mum, I never considered that an option.

It looked like a random bloke with light brown hair to me in the freeze frame. I dont think it was anybody from the show, especially as it was the final frame and will not be revisited. I think they were trying to show that its an endless cycle and whoever you are, you won't have long as there is always somebody in line waiting to takeover. Same as the last scene with Marlo in The Wire

Volumiza

It looked like a random bloke with light brown hair to me in the freeze frame. I dont think it was anybody from the show, especially as it was the final frame and will not be revisited. I think they were trying to show that its an endless cycle and whoever you are, you won't have long as there is always somebody in line waiting to takeover. Same as the last scene with Marlo in The Wire
I think the same, I think the whole point of it was to indicate it could have been anyone of a number of up and coming gangsters.

Zoo

Felt very rushed which was disappointing but not that surprising. Gomorrah was the same.

Andy_Cole

4 episodes in … wtf have they done to one of my favourite shows? Everything seems different. Dialogue and script is shocking compared to all the previous shows. All edge seems to have been polished out. Dunno, something just feels a bit more contrived than previous seasons.
I thought that. The non gangster scenes felt very eastenders. Why are we seeing the kids go to a clinic. The drama with immigration and police.

The scenes about drugs, violence etc with the grime soundtracks were enjoyable. Plus it was a fun last episode.

Volumiza

I thought that. The non gangster scenes felt very eastenders. Why are we seeing the kids go to a clinic. The drama with immigration and police.

The scenes about drugs, violence etc with the grime soundtracks were enjoyable. Plus it was a fun last episode.
Yes Eastenders is a good way of putting it though. Mandy’s character especially.

The actual story was pretty good though but I agree, the whole immigration thing was clunky and the protest scenes were dreadfully unbelievable which was a shame.

My favourite thing about the early seasons was its authenticity, both the dialogue and music. Barely there this time around.

Still, the best ending for Dushane and Sully, it had to end that way.

Djemba-Djemba

I thought it was a bit of a mess of a last series but I still enjoyed it overall.

The channel 4 Top Boy is definitely the best era for the show though.

Dan_F

It wasn’t the best but six 45 minute episodes was always going to be hard to wrap everything up. Also. Did they watch Snoop in The Wire before coming up with Jaq.

The ending was one of the things they got right. It didn’t matter who got Sully, that’s the whole point. You can never be “Top boy” as things will always catch up with you.

One thing that annoyed me was Dushane killing that guy and just pouring some bleach on his head and leaving him in the flat. What the feck was that. No need to bury the bodies anymore then.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
The first episode with the immigration police. Did Dushane call that in to stir the pot? Is that why he was upset and surprised when the residents started protesting? Unless I’m missing something, seems odd that they targeted just one person to deport.

Glorio

The main characters all made questionable, out-of-character decisions, and it became very obvious quickly that the writers were actively trying to erode any empathy fans felt for the characters, so they'd be accepting of their deaths

Some thoughts:
Why was Dushane so desperate for the money, that he made an idiotic, rash decision to kill Jeffrey. I don't remember that he was owning anyone - his actions were unrealistically desperate. The desperation was warranted after the cops were after him, but felt misplaced before.

Sully was supposed to have a code against betrayers, but he always seemed a decent friend. In this season the man was horrible to every single person around him. Honestly, anyone who worked for him could easily have killed him, as that's not a guy you want to work for. Glad he put away the unhinged Irish kid though. Was never going to end well for Sully's old prison mate.

Jaq's decision to rob Sully was completely stupid. Yes she lost someone, but it wasn't a spur of the moment thing, the fact she meticulously planned something so dumb was completely out of character

Kieron setting Sully on Si and the other kids was absolutely low. And even after Sully was convinced it wasn't them, he was still pushing. Those kids without Jamie are completely out of their depth anyway, and would be best served giving that life all up

Drug dealers are abusive partners - which makes sense. I see no reason why their partners in the show felt attracted to them, and decided to play house with them at all.

Glorio

The first episode with the immigration police. Did Dushane call that in to stir the pot? Is that why he was upset and surprised when the residents started protesting? Unless I’m missing something, seems odd that they targeted just one person to deport.
Happens though. It was purely random, I think

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think it was a fitting ending

Dushane became a desperate man who burned nearly every bridge and turned his back on community

Sully made too many enemies. Who killed him? Jax maybe but there were so many it could've been.

It's a shame there was nothing for Ra'nell. There series should've paid him homage in some way.