Tosin Adarabioyo - Available free this summer

RedRocket9908

Tosin Adarabioyo is available free this summer, is he worth looking at as a replacement for Jonny Evans?

Last edited:

Stadjer

On a free for non stupid wages, he would be a great addition. He will get a chance and if he is good enough then that is perfect. If he isnt good enough, he wouldnt be an unsellable like Harry Maguire. English and homegrown too so even if it doesnt work out, he could potentially be sold for enough money to atleast break even on how much money he did cost the club.

Teja

Yeah someone of his mould in the RCB slot will be nice. We have too many defenders who want to play that sweeper role and not enough that are aggressive, aerially dominant and willing to nip in and win the ball off the striker.

I'd keep one of Maguire, Lindelof, Varane to rotate with Martinez in the LCB role (probably Lindelof) and get two new CBs to play the stopper role at RCB. One of them being free would be perfect.

Ekeke

Would be a good replacement for Evans, Varane and Lindelof.

Isnt a good replacment for Lisandro so we'd still probably need to buy another CB to cover him with the ability to be very good playing out from the back.

Baneofthegame

A team with 3/4 reliable CB's (i.e. not injury prone players like Varane, Licha) does not require a Jonny Evans emergency position in the first place.
Don’t really understand this comment, we are in that position and it would be a good signing.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah someone of his mould in the RCB slot will be nice. We have too many defenders who want to play that sweeper role and not enough that are aggressive, aerially dominant and willing to nip in and win the ball off the striker.

I'd keep one of Maguire, Lindelof, Varane to rotate with Martinez in the LCB role (probably Lindelof) and get two new CBs to play the stopper role at RCB. One of them being free would be perfect.
Problem with this is we are utterly reliant upon Martinez to play out from the back and pass through the lines, so we simply have to have another centre back capable of doing so.

On topic: would be a shrewd move, one of two centre backs coming in I would assume.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Him, Todibo and Amadou Onana will definitely increase our ability to win more duels.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I was saying in the Utd tweets thread that for anyone who doesn’t know he is ex city. He was playing U18 football at 14 and involved around their first team at 16. He was obviously very highly rated and at a point where city had established the best youth setup in the country along with Chelsea. Im fairly sure he was the youngest player to play in the CL at one point. He had some impressive loans but couldn’t break through at city. No shame in that given the fact city sign so many established internationals and like CM it’s a position that experience is priceless in. He's since established himself as a good solid PL player and could have an even higher ceiling in a big team. Smart business on a free. Im all for it.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The restrictions for another season of underachievement means we can’t always be looking for the best in every position. We have to be smart about where the money goes.

This would be a great way to strengthen the backline and add value to the squad without a transfer outlay. Hopefully he is a priority and we get him signed up soon and free up funds for other areas.

OmarUnited4ever

I don't watch Fulham so can someone give us an insight on how he plays and what are his strengths and weaknesses?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I don't watch Fulham so can someone give us an insight on how he plays and what are his strengths and weaknesses?
6,5 aggressive ball playing defender who grew up in Manchester. He’s good in the air. This is as close to a no brainer as possible if we are letting a few CB go. I’d still be shopping for the best young RCB and LCB we can afford as we need to develop a spine for the longer term but I can see him being a starter for us next year if Varane Evans and Maguire leave. He’s currently quite a bit better than the likes of Mengi or Tuanzebe but that’s not to say they couldn’t develop in a similar fashion with plenty of games and a bit of luck

OleGunnar20

If we can get shot of Maguire & Lindelof in exchange for this guy and someone comfortable at LCB we'd be looking good.

I'm quite surprised with how Maguire has turned things around somewhat, but his wages are too mental to be a backup and he doesn't suit a high line. Lindelof is always fit and that's terrific, but he's just never been good enough, even as a backup really.

OmarUnited4ever

6,5 aggressive ball playing defender who grew up in Manchester. He’s good in the air. This is as close to a no brainer as possible if we are letting a few CB go. I’d still be shopping for the best young RCB and LCB we can afford as we need to develop a spine for the longer term but I can see him being a starter for us next year if Varane Evans and Maguire leave. He’s currently quite a bit better than the likes of Mengi or Tuanzebe but that’s not to say they couldn’t develop in a similar fashion with plenty of games and a bit of luck
Appreciate the insight and if it's free and on a reasonable wage then that makes him an excellent squad player who can come in and do a job but we need a top RCB next to Licha, and either one of Harry & Victor has to go, and I believe Varane is going as well since his current contract expires in June and he is yet to be offered fresh terms.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Huge and wins a lot of headers. Plugs a big weakness in the squad with that alone, really.

Red Rash

No way anyone can pronounce his full name

Abdul-Nasir Oluwatosin Oluwadoyinsolami Adarabioyo

Rojofiam

100% agree with the posters saying it's a no-brainer.

-Free signing
-Would almost certainly accept reasonable wages given he's only on 40k per week at Fulham
-Very tall
-Good on the ball
-Good passer
-Manchester born and bred

I'm not sure he can be in the starting 11 of a potential PL and CL winning team, but every season we need options and he could be an absolutely quality squad player for us.

If this one doesn't happen, I will be very confused why it didn't.

davidmichael

I’d be very happy if we got Adarabioyo and Branthwaite then Varane re-signed on a years contract on reduced terms which alongside Martinez and Kambwala is a very strong and balanced group of centre backs, half of the Branthwaite fee would be offset by moving Lindelof and Maguire on not to mention the wages saved.

CM

How quick is he? If he's capable of playing in a high line and enables us to move away from the likes of Maguire and Lindelof as squad players, he could be a decent signing.

greater wall

Shaw is a good cover at LCB so getting a young first team leftback would improve the squad and age profile.

daba

This guy plus another of those linked (Todibo, Branthwaite etc) makes so much sense. Allows us to get rid of 2 out of Maguire/Varane/Lindelof of which I would try and keep Varane despite his wages and let him go for free next summer. Hopefully at that point Kambwala will be ready to contribute more.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
The few chances he got in the City first team he was shyte. Played mostly in the cup games so not always with the first 13 so there's that. Didn't impress me at all. Thought he was a championship level defender. Happy to see him doing well at Fulham not that I have watched him much since he left City.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
The few chances he got in the City first team he was shyte. Played mostly in the cup games so not always with the first 13 so there's that. Didn't impress me at all. Thought he was a championship level defender. Happy to see him doing well at Fulham not that I have watched him much since he left City.
Was 19/20 though. Probably was a Championship defender at the time.

Robbie Boy

His last games for City came in the 17/18 season which was 5/6 years ago. Since then, he's played near 200 first team games elsewhere.

I have to be honest, I don't particularly watch out for him, but he's never struck me as being anything more than an average PL CB. I'm guessing nothing will come of this and he'll sign a new deal at Fulam or, move onto a midtable kind of side.

Borninthe80ts

I’d be very happy if we got Adarabioyo and Branthwaite then Varane re-signed on a years contract on reduced terms which alongside Martinez and Kambwala is a very strong and balanced group of centre backs, half of the Branthwaite fee would be offset by moving Lindelof and Maguire on not to mention the wages saved.
I like the age breakdown of this. Two guys who should/could start at their peak, two up and comers capable of starting rotating next to those starters. The only issue maybe fitness issues with the players selected. Varane and Martinez will suffer injuries again and we may face a similar situation to this season.

Ideally I’d maybe purchase someone of a similar profile or get in another free if possible. Wouldn’t like to be left with just two youngsters and Tosin in an emergency.

ShoePolish

A compilation. From himself nevertheless. The guy's definetly putting himself out there.