Tournament in Italy

PS18

Was mentioned in commentary on MUTV this morning that the U18s will be participating in a tournament in Italy in a fortnight (at some point between the 6th and the 17th, more likely around the weekend of the 11th/12th). Anyone happen to know any other details?

PS18

Never mind, found it - it's the Torneo Calcio Memorial Claudio Sassi, in Sassuolo between the 10-13 April. Ajax and Juventus involved as well, we're in a group with Sassuolo, Chiasso and Aalborg, Ajax and Juve in the other group.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Seems interesting mate pls keep us updated!

PS18

Well spotted. I suppose only one mistake (that's been found yet anyway) in an article written at about 4am isn't bad!

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Your site is great PS18, and it deserves more plugs, if anything.

PS18

If I'm reading the website right, we'e in a group with FP Sánchez-Llibre, AT Bisbalenc and SE Sant Carles. And we appear to have won our opening two games yesterday, scoring a combined total of 13 goals and conceding just one (10-0 against Sant Carles and 3-1 against Bisbalenc I think).

oskarutd

If I'm reading the website right, we'e in a group with FP Sánchez-Llibre, AT Bisbalenc and SE Sant Carles. And we appear to have won our opening two games yesterday, scoring a combined total of 13 goals and conceding just one (10-0 against Sant Carles and 3-1 against Bisbalenc I think).
what is the link for their website?
fount it !

PS18

We lost our third game 1-0 and finish second in the group, which is enough to qualify for the knockout stages.

PS18

As for the 95s, hard to work out exactly what's going on but we appear to be in a group of three with Hellerup IK and Gais now. We beat the former 2-0 earlier, they then beat Gais so (assuming we just need to get the most points of the three teams to progress) a draw against Gais in the match that's going on right now will see us through into the quarters.

oskarutd

We won the first one against F. C. CHIASSO we won 6-0.

U. S. SASSUOLO vs. AALBORG BK 2-1

oskarutd

As for the 95s, hard to work out exactly what's going on but we appear to be in a group of three with Hellerup IK and Gais now. We beat the former 2-0 earlier, they then beat Gais so (assuming we just need to get the most points of the three teams to progress) a draw against Gais in the match that's going on right now will see us through into the quarters.
We will play Barcelona tomorrow mornig in the quarter finals. We beat Gais 4-2.

PS18

Just looking through the MUTV listings to see when they might be showing highlights of the Claudio Sassi tournament - doesn't appear to be anything scheduled, but there's an extraordinary number of repeats of the Boro academy league game which might well be when they hopefully show highlights from Italy.

One thing of interest I did find is that they're showing highlights from last year's BlueStars at 4pm on Thursday next week.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Just looking through the MUTV listings to see when they might be showing highlights of the Claudio Sassi tournament - doesn't appear to be anything scheduled, but there's an extraordinary number of repeats of the Boro academy league game which might well be when they hopefully show highlights from Italy.

One thing of interest I did find is that they're showing highlights from last year's BlueStars at 4pm on Thursday next week.
there will be a highlights program of the tournament on MUTV on April 26th at 9 or 9.30, if i remember what they said on Inside United the other night correctly.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
there will be a highlights program of the tournament on MUTV on April 26th at 9 or 9.30, if i remember what they said on Inside United the other night correctly.
Cappers kindly record that and put it up please..

PS18

The U18s beat Sassuolo 2-1 this morning.

There are pictures up on the tournament site, so the team today was seemingly:

Amos; Brown, de Laet, Wootton, Dudgeon; Eikrem, Evans (c), James, Brady; Morrison, Stewart.

Although lord knows how the six attacking players lined up. Moffatt, Norwood, Tunnicliffe, Johnstone, Ajose, King and Hussain were all on the bench either as subs or part of the travelling party. Ole appears to be over there in some capacity too.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
The U18s beat Sassuolo 2-1 this morning.

There are pictures up on the tournament site, so the team today was seemingly:

Amos; Brown, de Laet, Wootton, Dudgeon; Eikrem, Evans (c), James, Brady; Morrison, Stewart.

Although lord knows how the six attacking players lined up. Moffatt, Norwood, Tunnicliffe, Johnstone, Ajose, King and Hussain were all on the bench either as subs or part of the travelling party. Ole appears to be over there in some capacity too.
Evans, James and Eikrem were clearly the midfielders......then it could have been any from Morrison, Brady and Stewart as to who was playing up front.

.....and who knows if it was 433, 442 or 451

....but I guess the defenders were Brown, DeLaet, Wootton and Dudgeon across the back....

No idea about the line-up for the first game nor the scorers from any of them.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Barca won the u14 section of the Mediterranean Cup comprehensively, beating every team with loads of goals.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
The u18s beat Aalborg 3-2 and will now play Modena in the semi-final later today. Modena defeated Juve 2-0 this morning.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
The kids I saw on the plane were really young, U-14 would probably be it. At least they gave it a go. Crazy isn't it the scorelines that can happen at that age?
Yeah, Barca probably just have one stupidly big and fast striker who scored 6 or something. The scoreline won't always reflect the performances at that age will it?

PS18

The u18s beat Aalborg 3-2 and will now play Modena in the semi-final later today. Modena defeated Juve 2-0 this morning.
And we just won 6-5 on penalties (after a 1-1 draw) to set up a final against Ajax at 5.30pm tomorrow.

jb8521

Under 18s won the semi final 6-5 on penalties after a 1-1 draw. We will play ajax in the final tomorrow after they won on penalties aswell