Transfer Tweets - 2017 | When posting a tweet in a foreign language, post English translation too

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyJ1985

We should be encouraging Young to find a new club. We don't need him.

I'd consider it a very good transfer window if we could get him off the books on top of Depay and Schneiderlin. Gives us freedom to spend big in the summer without worrying about having to offload loads of players.

diarm

Fair play to him if he does. He deserves a nice pay day to finish up on.

Infra-red

Not sure when the list was updated the last time, but I think The Sun & Mirror (from big papers) are pretty crap when it comes to transfers.
The writer is generally more important than the publication (with the notable exception of trash like The Metro, The Express, The Star and blatant clickbate merchants online).

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
The writer is generally more important than the publication (with the notable exception of trash like The Metro, The Express, The Star and blatant clickbate merchants online).
Also true, but I'm sure the editor choices dominate the way of "gossiping" about transfers.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Really is Night of Long Knives stuff from us this January. This would please me. We'd likely get way above his value, and have a currently pointless player off the wage bill. I'd also rather he wasn't around to start FA Cup home games against lower tier opposition ahead of Fosu-Mensah too.

NoPace

This puts the Snodgrass offers in perspective.

Pulis is a good manager but good god are these depressing, overpriced, parochial buys. Livermore is fine and versatile and Schlupp can be effective at times when they sit and counter against better sides, but they badly need an RB and to at least try to improve the first XI.

Impulse

Pulis is a good manager but good god are these depressing, overpriced, parochial buys. Livermore is fine and versatile and Schlupp can be effective at times when they sit and counter against better sides, but they badly need an RB and to at least try to improve the first XI.
Schlupp went to Palace.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Kinda hard to HAND in a verbal transfer request :)
Can't argue that logic. It'll be like quitting a job, you have to put it in writing as opposed to just saying "sod you I quit", and storming out after an arguement

saivet

A guy I play football is has connections with Fonte (Del Potro and Nadal also randomly enough) and knew about this transfer to West Ham before journos got on it. Could have made myself some easy money and been an ITK, but so it goes.

OohAahMartial

A guy I play football is has connections with Fonte (Del Potro and Nadal also randomly enough) and knew about this transfer to West Ham before journos got on it. Could have made myself some easy money and been an ITK, but so it goes.
Why did he want to move?

NoPace

Navas doesn't jump out to me as good enough with the ball for Guardiola, and I think would struggle with all the crosses, but he's really an excellent shotstopper. Great reflexes and athleticism. Sort of like if Shay Given was the 4th or 5th best keeper in the world. Normally I dont rate small keepers as much as others do since I think they get credit for saves a bigger keeper makes easier (and goals like Jovetic's winner against Real Madrid in the league last weekend just don't beat a longer keeper as often) but he really does save their ass at times.

pacifictheme

Refreshing to see someone retire at the top in the public domain as opposed to rotting away for his last couple of years in silence in the Turkish second division.
Not really. Unsurprisingly lots of players love playing. So although you may have weird views on how top pros should retire, they don't really care what you or i think, and will drop to a lower standard to allow them to keep doing what they enjoy.

Obviously some are money grabbers. But again, who cares. Its a short career, and who wouldn't go to China for a year for £20 million?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Why would he move to China when he is getting £120k every single week for doing feck all in Manchester.

Status
Not open for further replies.