Transfer Tweets - England/Scotland - 2023/24

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
DON'T
  • Post a Tweet from a banned source (see below for the banned sources) unless they have held an interview with a player
  • Post a non-English Tweet without a basic translation (either from another Tweet or in the post itself). Suggested translators: Google Translate, DeepL, Reverso
  • Post anything from aggregator accounts (e.g. utdreport) without the original source (as a second Tweet, link, embed, image, or a reference to a TV/radio show).
    • Exception: an aggregator's Tweet is retweeted by the source. The Tweet must then be accompanied by a message/screenshot indicating this. Otherwise, the Tweet will not be allowed.
  • Post the following types of Tweets (post them in quotes/spoilers to avoid putting them into the feed)
    • Joke/Piss-take Tweets
    • Tweets that don't refer to a transfer story (e.g. a journalist posting their own opinions; example)
  • Post more than 3 Tweets per post. If you do, then your post will not show up in the Transfer Tweets feed.
  • Post anything that was tweeted more than three days ago. If it wasn't posted before then, nobody cares.
  • Post off-topic comments or hold extended discussions over a single Tweet (that span multiple pages). Create a new thread instead.
What Kind of Tweets should I Post?
  • Player transfers, free signings, contract extensions, or releases
  • Managerial transfers, signings, contract extensions, or releases
  • Football executive appointments/releases (DoF, CEO/Chairperson, Head of Negotiations, etc.)
  • Transfer plans + any impacts to them
  • Transfer budgets + any impacts to them
The teams that you can post Tweets for
  • Premier League
  • All EFL Leagues (Championship, League One, League Two)
  • Scottish Premiership
The Caf now has its own pair of tier lists (one for United sources, and one for everything else). You can find them and more here. For your convenience, here are the list of banned sources (as of July 20, 2023):
Source (Individual)Source (Media Outlet)
Simon Jones
Mark Goldbridge (@markgoldbridge)
Stephen Howson (@MrStephenHowson)
Tom McDermott (@MrTomMcDermott)
Terry Flewers (@terryflewers)
z (@zeeshanxz)
Ross Harwood (@RossHarwood_)
mufcmpb (@mufcMPB)
Nicolò Schira (@NicoSchira)
Ekrem Konur (@Ekremkonur)
Pedro Almeida (@pedrogva6)
Rudy Galetti (@RudyGaletti)
Jacque Talbot (@jac_talbot)
Simon Phillips (@siphillipssport) - Chelsea
Tancredi Palmeri (@tancredipalmeri)
Kevin Palmer (@RealKevinPalmer)
Dean Jones (@DeanJonesSoccer)
Indykaila (@indykaila)
محمد الكعبي (@Qatari)
Shay Lugassi (@Shlugassi)
The Sun
Daily Mail
Express
Standard
CaughtOffside
Metro
90min.com
Daily Star
Mirror
Goal
Manchester Evening News
talkSPORT
Independent
Bleacher Report
Football365
Don Balon (@DonBalon)
Diario Gol (@diarioGOLcom)
Fichajes.net (@fichajesnet)
El Chiringuito (@elchiringuitotv) - Spanish football/players
Fussball Transfers (@FT_Redaktion)
Jeunes Footeux
le10sport (@le10sport)
But! Football Club (@club_but)
Corriere dello Sport (@CorSport)
Tuttosport (@tuttosport)
All Italian transfer sites (e.g. Calciomercato.com, Calciomercato.it, TuttoMercatoWeb)
Transfermarkt (@transfermarkt)
Football Transfers (@Transfersdotcom)

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 1):
Last Tuesday Yunus Musah's agent met with Valencia.

For the first time the club is open to his sale, for the time being at a price of 25M

No offers but West Ham have asked for his terms, is option if Rice leaves
More info:
  • Valencia are open to selling Musah now as he hasn't performed as well as he did in past seasons.
  • English teams are interested in Musah as he's easier to bring in thanks to his English citizenship.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Bobo TV via Il Napolista

Roberto de Zerbi on eventually coming back to Italy:
I love Italy, our football, because I’m Italian, I’m fine there [in England] now, never had a doubt about coming to Brighton. I get along very well with everyone at Brighton, there is no team that can change my mind, I have made a commitment.

I will hopefully return to Italy, I don’t know when, if I have the chance.
But I tell you that I like being outside, the emotions I’m experiencing in England, the stadiums, then I improve my language, I know their football. You become master of the league when you exceed 100 matches.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2:

Chelsea are prioritising a new striker, goalkeeper, and defensive midfielder ahead of a new attacking midfielder.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 1:
  • Wolves are open to selling Collins but aren't going to push him out [i.e. it'll take a good offer to let him go].
  • Brentford value the player at ~£20m.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Italy national team press conference via Gazzetta Dello Sport

Frattesi on the interest in him this summer:
I told my agent to call me only if there are important proposals. In my choice, the club’s game and tactics will be decisive. For me, a three-man midfield is better where you need a midfielder. And a team that plays a good game.
On leaving Italy:
Scamacca, Zaniolo, Gnonto and others have left to play. Some got it wrong, for sure. Ours is the only championship that denigrates its players and looks for them abroad. I know that one day I will go to another championship, but calmly. I’ve always gone step by step. Three years in Serie B, two in Sassuolo, now I have to grow up in Italy, then abroad if necessary.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:
Athletic Madrid ask high for Renan Lodi and difficult return to Brazil

Full-back wants to return to Athletico [Paranaense]
The full statement from Renan Lodi's agent Pablo Miranda:
Renan has three more years of contract with Atletico Madrid. At first he represents himself with the Atletico Madrid group to fulfill his contract. Everyone knows Renan's affection for Athletico and the city. And every year, since he left, there is speculation of his return. Now they even leaked an audio out of context. So I want to say that it is virtually impossible he returns to Athletico or Brazilian football

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 1):
Manchester City and Bernardo Silva are aware of PSG's intentions, but so far the player is taking his time to decide.

He has NOT yet given the green light for a transfer.

His desire is to go to Spain, but as of today he has no offer. The option to extend with City is still on the table.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2:
  • Coutinho's being offered a 2-year contract by Al-Ettifaq, who've held talks with Steven Gerrard to become their new head coach.
  • Mahrez is open to leaving Manchester City.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
It's a great conversation from what I've heard:

Levy: "We will give you 20m including addons"
Phil Giles: "If you want to sign David its 40m all in"
Levy: "We will give you 21m including addons""
Levy: "We will give you 22m including addons""
etc etc......

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 1:
Kalidou Koulibaly and Romelu Lukaku will NOT remain at Chelsea, for different reasons.
  • The centre-back is NOT in Pochettino's plans and has a market. The English club is looking for a way out for him and are trying to include him in other operations to obtain other players.
  • Inter want Koulibaly, but they will need a formula that suits everyone.
  • Lukaku wants to return to Inter and is not considering other options at the moment.
  • Chelsea are looking for a goalkeeper and Onana is among the most sought after.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 1):
Aston Villa want Nico Williams

His contract expires in 2024 and he has a 50 million Euro buyout clause.
Aston Villa look to tempt Nico Williams over by offering him a contract with a much higher salary than what he's currently earning at Bilbao.