Television Treasure Island with Bear Grylls

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Bear Grylls' latest reality survival show.

A lot of promise for entertaining tv here. That there's an ex marine makes it a little unfair, especially considering one of the others is a 75 year old woman. I'm wondering how they're going to try and balance that out a bit.

The guy drinking his own piss after a few hours cracked me up.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I can’t watch any more of his shows after that one with when those women were on an island and they were so useless that they had to introduce a pig for them to to kill. The pig was friendly and followed them around until they hacked it up for a tv show. Talk about contrived.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I can’t watch any more of his shows after that one with when those women were on an island and they were so useless that they had to introduce a pig for them to to kill. The pig was friendly and followed them around until they hacked it up for a tv show. Talk about contrived.
Yeah it was bollocks but I guess it was that or lose half the show at that point. In this one it looks like the 3 strongest guys are about to go off and leave the rest. Could be amusing.

Big Andy

Bloke

A lot of promise for entertaining tv here. That there's an ex marine makes it a little unfair, especially considering one of the others is a 75 year old woman. I'm wondering how they're going to try and balance that out a bit.

I've only watched about 3/4 of the first episode, but I do enjoy backstabbing people on telly.

That posh Lord bloke, saying he doesn't need the money, and the old dear needs it more, and then finding £30k with that marine fella and hiding it :lol:

"This will pay my daughters tuition fees"

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I've only watched about 3/4 of the first episode, but I do enjoy backstabbing people on telly.

That posh Lord bloke, saying he doesn't need the money, and the old dear needs it more, and then finding £30k with that marine fella and hiding it :lol:

"This will pay my daughters tuition fees"
:lol: yeah, he's full of contradictions. Initially saying everyone thinks he has money but he really hasn't, yet lives in a manor and has tuition fees to pay.
He also mentioned how it'll pay for a nice holiday at one point.

Wondering how it's going to pan out. Surely something will happen that forces people to open up about what they've got. Maybe a team meeting where everyone has to say why they need the money. Play on the heart strings of those that have hidden cash. That would be great entertainment.

Big Andy

Bloke
:lol: yeah, he's full of contradictions. Initially saying everyone thinks he has money but he really hasn't, yet lives in a manor and has tuition fees to pay.
He also mentioned how it'll pay for a nice holiday at one point.

Wondering how it's going to pan out. Surely something will happen that forces people to open up about what they've got. Maybe a team meeting where everyone has to say why they need the money. Play on the heart strings of those that have hidden cash. That would be great entertainment.
I’m going to watch it tonight, catch up with it all.

They should do something at the end where sharers get a massive payout, and the hoarders get punished somehow.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

wtf with that face? :lol: he looks like Cumberbatch sneezing

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Hiding the money has come out now. Think the young guy was in the right but also ruined the camp by making everyone talk about it. They'd have been better off not talking about it, and letting people who want to keep it keep it, and those who find it but want to share it can do so.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Catching up now. Booting off as expected once the truth came out. I see both sides to it. You have to go out and get the money at the end of the day and like any gameshow luck will come into it, but they're also eating food other people are spending time to get.

Solution still seems to be to agree some will share and some won't.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Catching up now. Booting off as expected once the truth came out. I see both sides to it. You have to go out and get the money at the end of the day and like any gameshow luck will come into it, but they're also eating food other people are spending time to get.

Solution still seems to be to agree some will share and some won't.
I think the doctor guy (Mano?) summed it up for me when he said something along the lines of them being happy do it all together when it comes to food/water and living, so why should the money be any different?