Tremors due to fracking

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Small tremors are inherent to that process: that's how they measure them after all. Endemic seismic activity is more likely to be related to mass wastewater disposal, as in Oklahoma - now the most seismicaly active state in the lower 48.

Fluctuation0161

Lancashire council voted to not have fracking in their county. The (Tory) central government overruled. I think its obvious who is making money out of this ultimately pointless fracking exercise.

Its non renewable, short term profiteering which has the potential to cause long term environmental damage. Ridiculous.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Do you think it is anything to worry about in the UK?
No, I don’t think the political climate will allow it to get far enough in the UK. Modern petroleum extraction is more akin to a giant mining operation than the prototypical drilling of a gushing oil well atop a hill. It will never fly in Western Europe like it has in North Dakota, the coal starved hills of West Virginia, or the wastelands of West Texas/SE New Mexico.

If you mean would it be something to worry about if it actually happened, then yes. Though not necessarily for the reasons you’d suspect initially.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
No, I don’t think the political climate will allow it to get far enough in the UK. Modern petroleum extraction is more akin to a giant mining operation than the prototypical drilling of a gushing oil well atop a hill. It will never fly in Western Europe like it has in North Dakota, the coal starved hills of West Virginia, or the wastelands of West Texas/SE New Mexico.

If you mean would it be something to worry about if it actually happened, then yes. Though not necessarily for the reasons you’d suspect initially.
Thanks