Gaming Tried to play a free to play game today. Plan on putting my head in a food blender now.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Years ago I not only played Star Trek Online (nnneeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrddddddd!) But I was also one of the people who bought the game when it first came out. That's right; bought!

It wasn't free to play, it was an actual MMO and it was fooking brilliant. For reasons unknown to science I stopped playing it after getting to the Tier 3 ships. But I decided to reinstall it and see if my old character was there, which he was. But there was something different about him. He didn't look the same, he actually looked blander. He had generic features and a generic uniform on and I'm certain it wasn't just me thinking back with nostalgia. No, Caftards, this man was an imposter.

I then loaded up the game and, holy crap, there was about a million different things on my screen. Do this mission to get the points, but exchange the points for crystals so you can change the colour of your ship. All those upgrades you had from before? Gone. But you can get them back for these crystals as soon as you exchange them for dilithium crystals, which are like normal crystals but Premium. Nothing made sense, it was just busy text boxes telling me what I needed to buy with real life money. I had no idea that I was in a game.

My head hurt and I've just turned it off. I'm not a fan of being bombarded with a HUD that looks like someone smeared an Argos catalogue over it. The USS Manchester has been put back into storage.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Get yourself picking flax for 14 hours straight on Runescape if you want yourself a good time

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Sounds like GTA Online where if you’re new it’s just an absolute mess of bullshit but they’ve done it to keep all the big spenders interested

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Look at Mr Pigeon with...well, just look at Mr Pigeon, with his revolving disco trousers set to stun.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
:D My socks are certainly unchanged, Jim.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I always find it a bit of a nightmare revisiting MMO's that I used to play because of the number of changes. Usually end up creating a new character and re-learning everything again.