Trippier | signed for Athletico Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The one right back young could actually compete with, wouldn't surprise me one bit if we ended up with him.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Not an overly tragic player, but also not exactly matching definition of longevity.

Anyway, Ole will have to make first key choices, sooner or later.

BarcaSpurs

He's shit. Aurier is shit. We need to dump one and sign a new RB desperately.

starman

I think hes a player SAF would have liked, but he would have picked him up from Burnley. That said we should be after AWB. Dont wait for teams like Spurs getting these prospects first and then try shifting them to us years later when they are done with them, knowing we are silly enough to buy them...

SambaBoy

If we sign Tripper, it will be symbolic of our transfer strategy since SAF left. Absolutely clueless.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This is nothing news. Di Marzio article says Trippier will give priority to ManUtd if they make the offer.

Napoli insists for Tottenham's Kieran Trippier: the first offer presented by the club of Aurelio De Laurentiis was between 18 and 20 million euros for the 28-year-old right-back, however, the distance between the Partenopei and the English side was said to be at least 15 million euros. Therefore, 35 million euros is the fee demanded for the English international; they will continue to negotiate as the player has shown his liking and appreciation of the club and the engagement is within the parameters. The biggest obstacle in securing Trippier could be the competition from Manchester United: the player, being from Manchester, is said to give priority to the Reds in the event of an offer.
https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/nap...ier-also-interested-in-lyons-mendy-the-latest

roonster09

Scout
Mods or @bond19821982, please update the thread title. Most of the posters don't read full article and just go by tweet which lacks context.

roonster09

Scout
He’s better than what we have but probably the wrong player to sign right now. Why do Tottenham want to sell him at all anyway? Seems counter productive to sell a decent player for £20m or whatever.
Doubt he is better than what we have, he is poor defensively and average in every aspect of the game except crossing the ball.

Park's Petrified Pooch

No idea if there is anything in these links, but in the summer of 2017 he was close to moving back up to the North West. Not sure who it was to join. Then Kyle Walker went to City and he stayed at Spurs. He’s a decent player and a good character, but he’s having a poor season. Not sure he solves our problems at 29. Not a priority signing for me.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
This is nothing news. Di Marzio article says Trippier will give priority to ManUtd if they make the offer.

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/nap...ier-also-interested-in-lyons-mendy-the-latest
Yep. Let’s not make a mountain out of molehill now as if United are chasing him.

...any average player would give priority to United, they pay you premium dollars as if you’re some sort of star. Everyone knows our wage structure is inflated and that we pay ordinary players more than they’re worth.

If I was Trippier, I’d make Utd a priority too :wenger:

tony54

If we sign Tripper, it will be symbolic of our transfer strategy since SAF left. Absolutely clueless.
I agree and I thought he had played well when playing for England but cant say behond that. But, he is 29 and again we would be going for another teams cast off. Not good enough at all.FFS

redshaw

We should've got him years ago for a few million. He's struggling now so Spurs have no use for him, we shouldn't either. He'll be 29 at the start of the season.

Bwuk

If we were getting him cheap as a squad option I’d take him, but at 40m no chance.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
We made some pretty poor signings post-Ronaldo while SAF was still in charge to be fair.

Robbie Boy

Look, he's an adequate player and would have been a good squad player for a top four team. I feel he peaked already though and now he seems to be on a steep decline. He's certainly not the kind of player we should be looking at.

davidmichael

I’d much rather we went with Wan-Bisakka as our first choice target then Meunier as second choice, I’d rather we went after Eriksen if we’re to spend a summer negotiating with Levy.

SATA

I'll take him simply because i don't want to see Young in the starting XI week in week out next year. Trippier is a good player himself anyway and can give us 4-5 years of decent service

Oldyella

I'll take him simply because i don't want to see Young in the starting XI week in week out next year. Trippier is a good player himself anyway and can give us 4-5 years of decent service
He really couldn't.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Which player would want to trade Spurs for Manchester Utd and risk his career at this point?
Not to mention that living in London is actually something that can play at Spurs favour when offering contracts.

Most of the established players will only come to our club for a huge wage boost.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Which player would want to trade Spurs for Manchester Utd and risk his career at this point?
Not to mention that living in London is actually something that can play at Spurs favour when offering contracts.

Most of the established players will only come to our club for a huge wage boost.
He's from Bury and his family are United fans. We're also not that far off Spurs. Having said that, I don't want him.

Brophs

The One and Only
Pickford, Maguire, Trippier

Ed definitely has every England game from the World Cup set to 'Keep' on his Sky planner.

Zlatattack

Other than a World Cup semi final, a CL semi final and being first choice for the 3rd best team in the country, he's not proven he's good enough for a side ours trying to break into the top 4.
Agree. He's not. Perfect but a definite upgrade. As I keep saying, I don't think perfect is currently attainable. It was but we lost Semedo to Barcelona and Ozi-something to Real Madrid.

Idk between him and Munier though. At least Trippier is PL proven.

Jeffthered

So we stick with Ashley Young instead?

I wouldn't mind seeing him there. He has experience, quality and is better than who we currently have. Buy him, don't pay too much in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.