TV companies showing replays and getting players banned

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well maybe you could name these shocking challenges?
It's the shocking challenges that ridiculously get a yellow are the problem.

Alli is notorious for these.

Then Young gets a 3 match for a gentle dig in the stomach!
The sort of thing that never keeps anyone out, whereas the dangerous fouls aren't even a red, or reviewed.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I remember Ben Thatcher for getting an extended ban for a mad elbow into someone's face, but the problem with this sort of ban, is a gentle dig in the stomach is being rated the same as a two footer, when the damage difference is huge.

"Violent conduct" sounds severe, Young's action was more "stupid cowardly nonsense". However, he'll learnt his lesson, great timing with Valencia out!

arthurka

So long as Puncheon is sent sent to prison for his vicious vicious assault on KDB that left him with a bruised shin I’m all for it.
You mean the career ending assault? These leave some really bad bruises on your shins. Talking about going overboard :houllier:

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I remember Ben Thatcher for getting an extended ban for a mad elbow into someone's face, but the problem with this sort of ban, is a gentle dig in the stomach is being rated the same as a two footer, when the damage difference is huge.

"Violent conduct" sounds severe, Young's action was more "stupid cowardly nonsense". However, he'll learnt his lesson, great timing with Valencia out!
I'd forgot about the Thatcher incident, he got a yellow card but still received an 8 game ban. Pretty certain there was nothing in the rules that allowed them to do so, but they flouted it given the severity of the challenge, and rightly so. Seems strange they've never done so since, mind.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'd forgot about the Thatcher incident, he got a yellow card but still received an 8 game ban. Pretty certain there was nothing in the rules that allowed them to do so, but they flouted it given the severity of the challenge, and rightly so. Seems strange they've never done so since, mind.
That got a yellow card, deary me! That was one of those "police might get interested" type severe incidents.

Classical Mechanic

Thatcher should have been banned for a year for that. It is by far the worst thing I have ever seen on a football pitch. A truly vicious and intentional assault.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Definitely in favour of this, if you do the crime you gotta do the time so the more get caught and scrutinised by the companies the better