U-17s qualifiers

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
are curran and devlin highly rated? neither seem to be a starter for NI u17
(i know the question is a bit wank)

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Chris Curran and Conor Devlin are part of this northern irish revolution going on at the United academy, Strange stuff.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
thanks, ps18. didn't know devlin was a 'keeper and figured curran was another N irish center-half from the looks of him. sounds like a sound prospect. only been playing for 3 years and already at united. maybe i'll dust off my old boots as well

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
quick side question, but if you were chris curran who would you pick to play for NI or ROI?

PS18

couldn't really say, details in that thread are pretty sketchy about exactly where he was born, and without asking him you can't know whether he 'feels' more irish or northern irish. that'd presumably be the key factor in deciding.

if it came down to a straight choice of which he thought he'd have more success with, still quite hard to say - the Republic have the more impressive recent history, more players at Premiership level (i'd imagine), a bigger population to draw their players from but they seem constantly messed up behind the scenes whereas Norn Iron seem to have quite an impressive youth system in place and are the better team of the two at this point in time.

all a long-winded way of saying i've no idea, really.

oskarutd

thanks, ps18. didn't know devlin was a 'keeper and figured curran was another N irish center-half from the looks of him. sounds like a sound prospect. only been playing for 3 years and already at united. maybe i'll dust off my old boots as well
He is a winger/striker, chris is.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
yeah, i read the forum thingy. btw, oskar - do you have any additional info on the other players coming this summer? like the swiss...winger was it? cheers

oskarutd

yeah, i read the forum thingy. btw, oskar - do you have any additional info on the other players coming this summer? like the swiss...winger was it? cheers
Yes, he is a winger, but still no name. The staff at Carrington are working hard at stopping information coming out to the fans.

PS18

is this the Remo Staubli of FC Zurich? everywhere seems to suggest he was born in 1988, which would make him 19 this year.