U15s: Generation adidas Cup (30 March - 7 April)

Archer

I’m unsure on Cox. We need to do better than Rashford and Mctominay. Mainoo is very promising but we should be on par with Barca and Real in terms of the number and quality of players we produce. It has to be said that players like Foden, Palmer, Frimpong etc are head and shoulders ahead of what we’ve been producing recently and that’s mainly Wilcox’s doing. Winning tournaments has to be an important part of developing a winning mentality, something lacking in our current graduates. It looks like that’s already started to change when you see the results in younger age groups recently, this one aside. In short, we’re moving in the right direction IMO, and Wilcox will progress us even further, perhaps taking on some responsibility from Cox in terms of player development.

Theres no room for sentiment, go for best in class in all areas and move us to where we need to be, because we’re not there yet.
this is a weird take considering Wilcox has a terrible reputation for his incomptence as a coach and academy staff among city fans.

Prodigal7

this is a weird take considering Wilcox has a terrible reputation for his incomptence as a coach and academy staff among city fans.
Nonsense. City were desperate for him to stay. They must just be bitter and/or clueless.

Being offered and taking up a director of football role is testament to his competence. He has an excellent reputation from his time at city and the work he did there, that’s why he’s been targeted to be technical director in the first place.

Last edited:

Pericles

City promoted him 2 times in 4 years, initially to Under-18 coach and then to Academy Director. I am not sure how that aligns with the incompetence claim. More likely a case of sour grapes.

Archer

Nonsense. City were desperate for him to stay. They must just be bitter and/or clueless.

Being offered and taking up a director of football role is testament to his competence. He has an excellent reputation from his time at city and the work he did there, that’s why he’s been targeted to be technical director in the first place.
City promoted him 2 times in 4 years, initially to Under-18 coach and then to Academy Director. I am not sure how that aligns with the incompetence claim. More likely a case of sour grapes.
I mean even a little quick sereach you can find something like this.I said this because I saw that kind of critism a lot from city fans couple years ago, otherwise I would't even remember any of it.
https://x.com/MCFC_EDS_ACAD/status/979806669633974273

Last edited:

Borninthe80ts

I appreciate the efforts that you take to highlight these matters as the more people talk about them the more we can breakdown the issues. Sadly it’s negative conditioning and when there’s no pressure or contrition from the offenders it’s shows it’s cultural too.

Gungerz

There was another incident yesterday between Flamengo & Philadelphia Union which led to a scuffle after the match.

Flamengo will not play their match today. Whether that’s the organisers choice or theirs I don’t know.

Archer

:lol: some random twitter account crying online because they didn't do well in one tournament?
Like I said, it's a a little quick sereach, and it was 7 years ago, bit difficult to find a lot of content about it.
You could argue any twitter account is random, but if a random United fan on twitter said Sbragia was not a good U21 coach, would you say that's just some random twitter account crying online?
And that's not just random twitter account, looking at its posts, obviously know thing or two about their academy.

Last edited:

Prodigal7

Like I said, it's a a little quick sereach, and it was 7 years ago, bit difficult to find a lot of content about it.
You could argue any twitter account is random, but if a random United fan on twitter said Sbragia was not a good U21 coach, would you say that's just some random twitter account crying online?
And that's not just random twitter account, looking at its posts, obviously know thing or two about their academy.
Wilcox is renowned in the game as best in class for youth development. You don't get promoted twice in 4 years and pleaded with to stay if you're incompetent. Sbragia was terrible yes but general fan opinion is rarely on point when it comes to youth development. Most fans don't even have any coaching badges.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
From that age group alone they produced Palmer, Garcia, Nmecha, Frimpong, Harwood-Bellis and McAtee, not bad at all.