U18 Man Utd - Liverpool

KevinJoh

Starting on MUTV, 11am.

XI: Harrison (GK), Kingdon, Jackson, Nolan, Williams, Fitzgerald, Berry, Scanlon, Lacey, Musa, Norkett.
Subs: Mantato, Wooster, Baumann, Munro & Ibragimov

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Love our kids playing up from the back and the baby Klopps pressing like madmens

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Munro as well, this is very young team.
Ibragimov and Mantato 14, Lacey, Fitzegarald, Munro 15
Thanks for the info, intrigued to see some of these lads play.

AltiUn

Deserved United goal, 1-0 Scanlon.

AltiUn

Liverpool penalty after a clumsy foul, 1-1.

AltiUn

Harrison’s starting position and calmness under pressure is something I’d like to see more of in our first team.
He's the most laid back keeper I think I've ever seen :lol:

AltiUn

Probably end up eating my words here but our lads look miles better on the ball. As I say this Musa fluffs an excellent ball by Lacey.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
What do you guys think about Adam Berry? Playing as a No 8 today. I like the look of him, think ETH really will appreciate his style.

AltiUn

What do you guys think about Adam Berry? Playing as a No 8 today. I like the look of him, think ETH really will appreciate his style.
Been quality today.

Probably should be 2-2 going into half time, we've both missed a golden chance each.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
The Youths have clearly taken to ETHs style of play.

But — one thing that seems a bit hard to grasp (at many levels) — is the need to quite regularly (a) turn back, (b) slow down and (c) move the team up. Like Antony does with the men’s team.

The ends just don’t meet if you play up from the back, play with a high defense, press high — and constantly attacks the net and goes for the killer ball.

If the wingers turn back more often, they give the rest of the team time to move up, Liverpool have to sink deep with at least 7-8 guys, they will tire more and we can jump on them directly when they get up pitch.

khoazany

Ah that's a shame. Cheers.
At this level we have Ennis, Curley, Lawrence, Ogunneye, Sharpe, Missin, McAllister that have been injured for most of the season so far as well, with Fredricson, Mather, Wheatley on shorter term. (Moorhouse probably injured as well given him not in the squad today)

Remember the geese

At this level we have Ennis, Curley, Lawrence, Ogunneye, Sharpe, Missin, McAllister that have been injured for most of the season so far as well, with Fredricson, Mather, Wheatley on shorter term. (Moorhouse probably injured as well given him not in the squad today)
Seems to be a bit of a recurring theme for us at this level in recent years. Not sure if it's something that is specific to this club, pure bad luck, or just an age thing.

oskarutd

Moorhouse got injured in his last game.

lysglimt

Scout
a very mature performance
Missed todays match so can't comment on that - but generally this season his end product has been .. let's call it "not great" and be kind. He also is too lightweight in duels - he generally has been very inefficient in most matches. But he has a lot of technical ability with the ball at his feet.