U18s: Leicester vs. United

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Really looking forward to seeing a live game, completely fresh team with a mixture of some more experienced ones.

But where are the likes of Pearson and Pereira? It makes you wonder if we should have an u19s or u20s team or something.

jb8521

Really looking forward to seeing a live game, completely fresh team with a mixture of some more experienced ones.

But where are the likes of Pearson and Pereira? It makes you wonder if we should have an u19s or u20s team or something.
Pearson had a knock so missed the last under 21s game but played the full game for England under 19s a few days ago and Pereira has apparently asked to only be considered for the under 21s not the under 18s but will probably play youth cup. Our under 19s will play Bayer Leverkusen in the under 19s version of the champions league next week

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Pearson had a knock so missed the last under 21s game but played the full game for England under 19s a few days ago and Pereira has apparently asked to only be considered for the under 21s not the under 18s but will probably play youth cup. Our under 19s will play Bayer Leverkusen in the under 19s version of the champions league next week
I didn't know we were participating in the U19's CL. Good to hear. Do we know if it will be possible to watch some of the games?

jb8521

I didn't know we were participating in the U19's CL. Good to hear. Do we know if it will be possible to watch some of the games?
No idea the way MUTV has been this year probably not. The first game is at 4 next Tuesday

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I can't imagine united being happy with a 17 year old requesting not to be considered for u18s.

Brightonian

I can't imagine united being happy with a 17 year old requesting not to be considered for u18s.
I'd heard that they'd decided, not that he'd asked. Anyone who's watched him wouldn't been surprised by that - he was already getting U21s game time from the bench at the end of last season, after all.

Either way, I'm sure it's a case of player and coaches discussing what's best and making a decision, not the player making demands or anything silly like that.

jeston

Lineup: Pereira; Evans, Barber, McConnell, Borthwick-Jackson; Riley, Harrop, Willock, Mitchell; Croskery, Fletcher

No Wilson, saved for midweek. 0-1 down apparently.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This U18 team has been excellent so far. With the amount of changes from last season, it's amazing they've been excellent in the past few weeks. Great to see the likes of Harrop and Mitchell turning up.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
This lot seem rock solid, no matter who they put out.

jb8521

The subs were Thompson, Redmond, Henderson, Reid and Kehinde. Reid and Kehinde played the under 16s match as well. The scorer of our first goal was fairly inconclusive it was a corner from Harrop which may or may not have touched Fletcher on the way in. Our second was a great finish by Mitchell on the volley from a great cross from Evans. From the highlights it looked like Borthwick Jackson and willock were pretty good although Borthwick Jackson might have done better for the goal. Mitchell looked lively on the ball and went on a few good runs and Pereira made a few very important saves.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Barclays Under-18 Premier League
LEICESTER CITY 1
(Downes 35)
MANCHESTER UNITED 2
(Fletcher 56, Mitchell 63)

14/09/2013 13:40, Report by Mike Shaw

U18s: Leicester 1 United 2

United's Under-18s made it five wins on the trot with a 2-1 away triumph at Leicester City.
The Reds had to come from behind in the second half but goals by Ashley Fletcher and Demetri Mitchell earned the three points.
Despite having the better of the early exchanges, with Ruairi Croskery twice going close, the hosts scored on the break when Luke Downes took the chance superbly.
An equaliser arrived after the break when Josh Harrop's free-kick was blocked for a corner and, following a scramble, Fletcher claimed the last touch. United grew in confidence after the goal and Mitchell scored with a strike worthy of winning any game when despatching a brilliant left-footed volley past Liam Sharpe from Callum Evans' deep cross.
Although Paul McGuinness' side had to survive some late pressure, with Joel Castro Pereira denying Downes, Devonte Redmond could have wrapped things up but Sharpe saved well.

United: J.Pereira; Evans, McConnell, Borthwick-Jackson, Barber; Riley, Harrop (Thompson 74), Willock, Mitchell; Fletcher, Croskery (Redmond 74). Subs not used: Henderson, Reid, Kehinde.

jeston

Bollocks. Recorded the highlights of this Sunday, went to watch it today only to remember I'd cancelled MUTV this month. If anyone has highlights, goals etc please share