U18s: Man City vs Man Utd

Utdstar01

They just played yesterday and don’t play again for two weeks so, no.

Logan Pye was preferred in the EFL trophy too.
Just wondered if they were looking to push him up as its strange that he's not even on the bench today.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Just wondered if they were looking to push him up as its strange that he's not even on the bench today.
Might have a knock? Not sure exactly, but yea there are u16s on the bench so there must be a reason. No u23s match to be saved for though. So I’d assume either a knock or an u17s friendly.

Drainy

Even before he went down injured the first time I was going to say that Mejia disappoints every time I see him. He's very casual and seems really soft.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Was planning on watching but that camera angle is a no go for me
Yea this is amateur hour. My families home GAA club of a village of about 200 people have been streaming their matches and the camera is better.

So much talk of City’s amazing facilities and they can’t stick a camera up?

Or do I remember them just not giving us access to the good camera before? Would fit with their usual pettiness.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Attempting to give this a watch until the Everton game comes on.

The camera is ground level, waist height, in the pissing rain with no cover for the lens. Anything happening on the far side of the pitch is basically a rumour. :lol:

Classical Mechanic

Yea this is amateur hour. My families home GAA club of a village of about 200 people have been streaming their matches and the camera is better.

So much talk of City’s amazing facilities and they can’t stick a camera up?

Or do I remember them just not giving us access to the good camera before? Would fit with their usual pettiness.
Is it this shitty angle?

BR7

Attempting to give this a watch until the Everton game comes on.

The camera is ground level, waist height, in the pissing rain with no cover for the lens. Anything happening on the far side of the pitch is basically a rumour. :lol:
It’s a joke

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Awful weather and camera work, from the looks of things the camera man isn't socially distancing from the players.

BR7

Yeah tepid first half ........ but you just know someone’s getting wiped out by a sliding challenge in the second half in those conditions. get the red card odds checked out :-))

lysglimt

Scout
What a stupid goal to give away...sorry but that is too dumb

lysglimt

Scout
Horrible conditions - and we continue playing the ball around our own box under pressure...clever

Bigsid

Has to be remembered City have one u18 player (Bobb) in their team and an u16 so are 90% u17. Our starting line up is almost all u18s with one or two exceptions. Oh and they have ten men!

Red_toad

So many chances right at the end of the game, but didn’t deserve much out of that match.

Utdstar01

Not sure that midfield did us many favours. We just looked flat all over though first half. Missed 2nd half, couldn't be doing with that camera angle. Did Garnacho come on?

lysglimt

Scout
It's not even close to our best U18-side so no surprise that we lost - but it still felt like an unnecessary defeat. As much as I like the fact that we try to play out from the back, we tend to overdo it. Hardleys backpass to Mee was not nice under the conditions - and even if Mee should have done better, he never should have been in that position.

And what Hardley was doing when he gave the penalty away - I will never know :)

khoazany

I like our defenders performance today despite Hardley's penalty foul and the pass back, and Hughes gave the ball away a few times in the 1st half. Especially Pye, although I still don't see him as a fullback. Hughes finally shows some attacking play I expected from him, was wondering what the hell he was doing last 2 games. Svidersky did well in ball winning and distributing after they went a man down. Emeran was dangerous throughout even though I think he lacks some killer factor that the likes of Elanga has. Nice cameo from Mainoo.

Bigsid

I like our defenders performance today despite Hardley's penalty foul and the pass back, and Hughes gave the ball away a few times in the 1st half. Especially Pye, although I still don't see him as a fullback. Hughes finally shows some attacking play I expected from him, was wondering what the hell he was doing last 2 games. Svidersky did well in ball winning and distributing after they went a man down. Emeran was dangerous throughout even though I think he lacks some killer factor that the likes of Elanga has. Nice cameo from Mainoo.
Not sure we can take any positives. We had no style of play and can't think of one player of ours that caught the eye. We had no attacking threat when the teams had the same numbers and they were on average a year younger than our team so it was practically an u17s City v u18s United. They even beat us with 10 men.