U18s - Manchester City

KjaAnd

Couldn’t see a thread on this but we’re playing City at Carrington at the moment. Almost halftime. Live on MUTV.

City has had more of the ball but we’ve created the best chances. Jack Fletcher has been quality as usual. Finley McAllister has also been good. Wheatley hasn’t had a lot to work with but he looks dangerous when he gets on the ball.

Mylock

Couldn’t see a thread on this but we’re playing City at Carrington at the moment. Almost halftime. Live on MUTV.

City has had more of the ball but we’ve created the best chances. Jack Fletcher has been quality as usual. Finley McAllister has also been good. Wheatley hasn’t had a lot to work with but he looks dangerous when he gets on the ball.
This team is lacking a number 9, missing a lot of chances.

KjaAnd

This team is lacking a number 9, missing a lot of chances.
Do you follow the U18s closely? Is Wheatley better on the wing than as a 9?

Can't say I've been impressed by either Musa or Scanlon today but they're not seeing much of the ball either.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Can't say I've been impressed by either Musa or Scanlon today but they're not seeing much of the ball either.
Wheatley’s not really great at either if we’re being brutally honest.

Mylock

I follow any of the games that are on mutv, Scanlon isn't bad, neither Weathley or Musa have impressed me , both are very limited despite scoring regularly.

Mylock

I follow any of the games that are on mutv, Scanlon isn't bad, neither Weathley or Musa have impressed me , both are very limited despite scoring regularly.
Amass looks a real prospect in LB, can see him training with the 1st team later in the season.

Mylock

If I was a betting man Fletcher, Amass and possibility Fitzgerald are the pick of this bunch. Lacey looks a unbelievable talent who was badly missed during the week.
Not sure what to make out of Scanlon, I like the way for a winger he can turn inside or outside, interesting player.

Last edited:

KjaAnd

1-0 United. Jackson with a good interception high on the pitch. Plays a nice 1-2 with Fletcher before shooting. Ball is deflected into goal by Parker.

Asger

If I was a betting man Fletcher, Amass and possibility Fitzgerald are the pick of this bunch. Lacey looks a unbelievable talent who was badly missed during the week.
Not sure what to make out of Scanlon, I like the way for a winger he can turn inside or outside, interesting player.
Any news of Lacey?

Gungerz

Very good performance & great way to bounce back after Tuesday night. City had more of the ball but we created far more chances than them & probably should've scored 3 or 4 in the end.

Amass & Ogunneye the standouts for me. So many of City's goals at this level come from cutbacks & 2v1 situations down the flanks but they defender them brilliantly & Amass in particular was oustanding on the ball.

lysglimt

Scout
I dare say that we have won the league already - I just cant see us losing this with just 14 matches left to play

Bertie Wooster

Good performance, and another great result in the league.

Much more enjoyable than the midweek cup nightmare, which felt like watching the first team (watching the U18's is normally a nice escape from that feeling!)

Bigsid

Wonder what the excuses will be this week.
Deffo deserved the win. City had a lot of ball. Didnt do much with it. 5 18s from City in Saudi arabia with 1st team with 6 changes to Youth cup side where i think you will see City will win but a decent performance. Amass v good.

dubplate warrior

One thing I'll give to Murtough, the academy has absolutely come on leaps and bounds. He's a politician, and will take a demotion to stay. Let him continue running the academy.

I think it's also worth me mentioning our biggest talent in Lacey is missing.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Incoming paragraphs about how man city were playing their fourth string team whilst matches against Swindon are the real barometer of quality .

Mickson

One thing I'll give to Murtough, the academy has absolutely come on leaps and bounds. He's a politician, and will take a demotion to stay. Let him continue running the academy.

I think it's also worth me mentioning our biggest talent in Lacey is missing.
I absolutely think Murtough should have a role at the club, just not be the top dog. Seems like a decent footballing man and if he can pull strings for the academy and women's team - fine.

Ace of Spades

This squad is very well rounded, something we have not always had.

Also, any idea who might move to the U21s now that some of the players there are leaving on loan ?? What sort of shuffling around will happen do you think ?? @khoazany , @jb8521 , @Gungerz

Gungerz

This squad is very well rounded, something we have not always had.

Also, any idea who might move to the U21s now that some of the players there are leaving on loan ?? What sort of shuffling around will happen do you think ?? @khoazany , @jb8521 , @Gungerz
Curley & McAllister will most likely go up more regularly with Gore & Oyedele leaving. Curley in particular made his debut in the last game against Chelsea & got a couple of assists.

Then with Bennett going on loan & Kambwala involved with the first-team we'd be left with only one fit CB in the 21s, so either Jackson or Kingdon will probably step up. Although, with Licha back Kambwala could end up dropping back down.

stealthy

I think they did silence any doubt today on the depth of talent in the group and they have a real way of winning. Deserved the win today as a team today but it was at least a good competitive game to be fair to City who apparently had a few missing but still put out a strong group with some youth cup picks in the mix. Regardless though on an individual level did City have that many individuals you would say we’re better?, I think their 6 looked a proper player, left back was good, and Heskey lad decent, but we had some really good level performers as well, Amass being really good for me.

shame we can’t play them more regularly because both teams look way ahead of the rest of the league.

title in the bag

Borninthe80ts

Really pleased to hear the boys showed fight and spirit after the cup issues. There is a lot of rotating in this squad but everyone mostly seems to contribute and a variety of players have had good to very good games with a handful proving to be ready for a taste of a higher level.

There are a few second years who have had injuries that have put them back as far as a year and I’m sure they would have saw more under under 21 football as a result but the next 12 months will be interesting for sure.

Im already looking to the under 16s for a forward to come through before the end of the season. Put some pressure on the two upfront and get some experience before next season. Heard some names mentioned but hopefully someone with a bit of fight.

mat85

Mad maintaining that record without a striker that looks up to scratch

Mickson

Mad maintaining that record without a striker that looks up to scratch
Adam Lawrence seems to be one hell of a coach. The only coach I remember to have truly created a great unit in a short time too without much attacking firepower.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Adam Lawrence seems to be one hell of a coach. The only coach I remember to have truly created a great unit in a short time too without much attacking firepower.
McKenna did brilliant work too, but he did have quite an attacking arsenal at his disposal. To be fair to the other head coaches, apart from that McKenna team and more recently the team that won the FA Youth Cup, we haven’t had the greatest of talent pools to choose from in the last few years.