U18s - Manchester United vs West Brom

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Where the feck is Traore?!
Must be still injured, has looked very good in the limited minutes he's appeared in thus far. I'm very excited about his potential and look forward to seeing him again soon...

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Some terrific goals in this match. Greenwood looks excellent.

khoazany

Looks like Greenwood will play as number 9 next season.

Greenwood/Odubeko
McGhee/Elanga Puigmal/McCann Mellor/Greenwood
Levitt/Galbraith/Helm Garner/Vint
Williams Bernard/Hockerhull Mengi Laird/Denham

Last edited:

KM

Greenwood/Odubeko
Expecting Traore to be promoted to U23 next season?

Classical Mechanic

Greenwood/Odubeko
Williams Bernard/Hockerhull Mengi Laird/Denham
Do you think Greenwood will play at 18s level next year, surely his record says he should move up?

Robbo*

Do you think Greenwood will play at 18s level next year, surely his record says he should move up?
Yeah possibly, and he seems physically capable of doing so despite his age - but I would say that as the U23 currently stands a year playing 18s with a good manager and teammates could be more beneficial - at least to begin with.

Blzbud

It is worth remembering with Greenwood that he doesn’t actually “qualify” for the U18’s until next season:drool:. Absolutely phenomenal talent though and arguably the most naturally gifted player to come through our academy since Ravel. What impresses me most about him is how two footed he is! 99% of players you can tell almost immediately which foot they favour, but not this kid. And while I’ve now realized that he is naturally left footed, he is much more than just comfortable on his right. Only time will tell, of course, but the sky is the limit for him and I kind of feel like he’d be wasting his time among the clodhoppers of U23 football:).

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Good teammates in the u18s and clodhoppers in the u23s?

Do you guys realize the u23s next season will be completely made up of the u18s from this season and last who were labelled as very talented teams? So how are they now suddenly clodhoppers?

Blzbud

Good teammates in the u18s and clodhoppers in the u23s?

Do you guys realize the u23s next season will be completely made up of the u18s from this season and last who were labelled as very talented teams? So how are they now suddenly clodhoppers?
Mmm, why so serious Batman?

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Great result and performance against a WBA side who beat United 4-2 in August, and won at City 1-4 a month ago.

Despite the MUTV commentator saying a dozen times Matej Kovar was making his debut today, he wasn't, it was against Everton at home(24/02)
Can you tell me or anyone else how is the lad doing? He's the first Czech since K. Poborský

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Can you tell me or anyone else how is the lad doing? He's the first Czech since K. Poborský
Would have sworn when we signed him he was listed as our first ever Slovakian signing, but he is a Czech Republic youth international, so yeah the first since Karel Poborský

He's not had a lot to do, but he looks comfortable coming for crosses, and assured with the ball at his feet.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Would have sworn when we signed him he was listed as our first ever Slovakian signing, but he is a Czech Republic youth international, so yeah the first since Karel Poborský

He's not had a lot to do, but he looks comfortable coming for crosses, and assured with the ball at his feet.
Alex Fojtíček is Slovak, the one we signed before

Blzbud

Umm, what?

It's a pretty simple question really. How are they called a talented group in the u18s but the next year they suddenly are a group of clodhoppers?
It was meant light-heartedly, in view of the narrative around the two teams at the moment. If you insist on a serious answer, then that would be the more general point that U23 football is widely regarded as absolutely not fulfilling its purpose of providing a good environment for player development. That’s all.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
It was meant light-heartedly, in view of the narrative around the two teams at the moment. If you insist on a serious answer, then that would be the more general point that U23 football is widely regarded as absolutely not fulfilling its purpose of providing a good environment for player development. That’s all.
Maybe you were only joking but I see it posted so much on here about how the group is shit but the exact same players were being called very talented just last year for the u18s.

Yea the u23s isn't good enough for development. So the u18s which is an even worse level is better?

KM

Maybe you were only joking but I see it posted so much on here about how the group is shit but the exact same players were being called very talented just last year for the u18s.

Yea the u23s isn't good enough for development. So the u18s which is an even worse level is better?
They're not the last year batch. They're from the batch which was 30 points behind City at one point.