U18's: Middlesbrough (H)

Bertie Wooster

It's the final league game of the season for our U18's. Although we have a chance of winning the league and playing against the Southern champions.

We're currently top by 2 points but City have a game in hand and better goal difference, so, although there's a few variables, we most likely need to win today and hope City drop points in either of their last two matches.

We kick off today at 12. They start their match, away to Stoke, at 11 (now seems to be 11.15). If we win and they don't then we're champions of the North. If they stay within reach, then it will go down to their last match of the season away to Burnley on Wednesday afternoon with us just left to watch on and hope.

Last edited:

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
It's the final league game of the season for our U18's. Although we have a chance of winning the league and playing against the Southern champions.

We're currently top by 2 points but City have a game in hand and better goal difference, so, although there's a few variables, we most likely need to win today and hope City drop points in either of their last two matches.

We kick off today at 12. They start their match, away to Stoke, at 11 (now seems to be 11.15). If we win and they don't then we're champions of the North. If they stay within reach, then it will go down to their last match of the season away to Burnley on Wednesday afternoon with us just left to watch on and hope.
Man City already 1-0 up. Think we can expect them to put 4/5+ past Stoke once again today.

EDIT: 2-0 to City now. Oh well, was always gonna happen.

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Cancelled MUTV sub during the week, so hopefully can locate a flowing body of water for the game.
The lack of streams is what made me just bite the bullet and sign up again, when you do find one they persistently freeze and lag.

Bertie Wooster

The lack of streams is what made me just bite the bullet and sign up again, when you do find one they persistently freeze and lag.
When I'm out and trying to watch it on MUTV on my phone, the footage regularly freezes as well and I sometimes miss a good chunk of the game. Which is particularly annoying having paid the full subscription. At least it's more reliable on some other devices.

AltiUn

We're bombarding their goal at the moment, Hoogewerf, Fernandez and McNeill all with good chances.

That was coming, Iqbal scores, 1-0.

SmashedHombre

1-0 Iqbal with the goal, Hansen assist. Great ball from Fernandez to get Hansen going.

SmashedHombre

We haven't seen that slavish devotion to scoring goals since Ruud I think.
For sure. When he gets the ball anywhere in the box you know he's only going to shoot. We've really missed that in the first team. His frustration when he doesn't score is great to see tbh as it only seems to fire him up.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The Glazers have decided to turn part of Carrington into some farm/land to supplement the loss in income from the ESL?

AltiUn

For someone who's approximately 4'2 Hoogewerf scores a lot of headers.

What's with the cameraman slowly panning over the MU Woman players? :lol:

AltiUn

11G and 11A for Hoogewerf this season.

3-0.

SmashedHombre

Fernandez just seems to play wherever he wants. Gotta respect that.

My only Eric

Let's hope city don't win their game in hand on wednesday. Any other result and we win the title.

AltiUn

When Hoogewerf is good he's really good. Our U23s and U18s have been scoring for fun this season, nearly every game has been a fantastic watch.

Vitek, feeling generous, donates Borough a goal. 5-1.

SmashedHombre

When Hoogewerf is good he's really good. Our U23s and U18s have been scoring for fun this season, nearly every game has been a fantastic watch.
We've also been conceding sloppy goals for fun at both U23s and U18s. Case in point - whatever that was from Vitek. Definitely adds to the entertainment value.

AltiUn

We've also been conceding sloppy goals for fun at both U23s and U18s. Case in point - whatever that was from Vitek. Definitely adds to the entertainment value.
Yeah, I said something similar in the Derby game, our defending has been hilarious at times but when you're scoring 6 pretty regularly it's easier to laugh at.

SmashedHombre

Yeah, I said something similar in the Derby game, our defending has been hilarious at times but when you're scoring 6 pretty regularly it's easier to laugh at.
For sure. It's odd as we have some really talented defensive youngsters but it seems like almost every game they just decide to do something stupid that will inevitably lead to conceding a goal.

AltiUn

For sure. It's odd as we have some really talented defensive youngsters but it seems like almost every game they just decide to do something stupid that will inevitably lead to conceding a goal.
Also, I think we've got a couple of odd players like Fernandez, who we all know is a bit of a liability defensively, but is excellent going forward so you have to keep him in and around the team.

For anyone a bit more clued up, how's Oyedele rated? I've seen his name a few times now. Seems to have been born in 2004 which is absolutely outrageous, I'm truly starting to feel old now.

Fanta Stick

Also, I think we've got a couple of odd players like Fernandez, who we all know is a bit of a liability defensively, but is excellent going forward so you have to keep him in and around the team.

For anyone a bit more clued up, how's Oyedele rated? I've seen his name a few times now. Seems to have been born in 2004 which is absolutely outrageous, I'm truly starting to feel old now.
Seems a promising DM:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Odd? Ha ha

lysglimt

Scout
McNeill hasn't even had a very good game - and scored a hat-trick :)

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Could be concentration levels?
Most defenders seem to be well into their twenties, even pushing thirty before they become top level, there are exceptions of course.

Defenders have to be watching the ball, watching runs, be aware of their defensive partners around them, which makes them susceptible to switching off at times, and having poor control, poor pass or any number of things which looks awful. Players like Stones, De Ligt were exceptionally talented youngsters, but De Ligt, to my knowledge, has not been brilliant so far, and Stones is only now showing his true worth, but even he still has the occasional blip, as all defenders do from time to time.