U18s National Final - Manchester United vs Chelsea

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Well, he is midget so unlikely to be fan of Jose's giants
His team plays a lot more like a Mourinho team than a Guardiola one...defend deep, keep possession when you can, don't press much high up and counter quickly.

In Rainbows

Gosh the kid Gomes is good on the ball.
Yeah, he's been in important in pushing back Chelsea as he allows possession in small spaces and helps the midfield dominate possession. Greenwood has done well with his few touches. Chong a little bit more sloppy, but has had moments where he's been vital in United's attack threatening in small spaces.

O'Connor also been vital to United building up attacks as he's the best defender at bringing the ball up.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Been a very good first half to watch, two teams playing at a very high level. It's very noticeable to me that we don't seem to be focusing on having deeper midfielders to control the game, with Chong and Gomes taking turns in going into the middle of the pitch to recycle possession.

I'd like to see those penalty shouts again.

O'Connor and Chong are a level above the rest of our players with Gomes behind them.

Laurentiu amt

Yeah, he's been in important in pushing back Chelsea as he allows possession in small spaces and helps the midfield dominate possession. Greenwood has done well with his few touches. Chong a little bit more sloppy, but has had moments where he's been vital in United's attack threatening in small spaces.

O'Connor also been vital to United building up attacks as he's the best defender at bringing the ball up.
Chong has a bit of an odd body and he s off balance at times.I suppose he s still growing tho.

Greenwood has done a good job, could have taken that chance a bit faster.

Robbo*

Got such high hopes for O'Connor

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
So do Jose teams in most games though. Nothing wrong with the pragmatic approach though, payed off for you so far.
I think its as much Man United being decent as it is us being pragmatic.

2-0 now, goalie maybe should've done better. I always feel sorry for the kids at this age when they feck up.

Kostov

Worth mentioning that the two goals came from free kicks given away in dangerous positions from Gomes and Chong, they've not been able to get into the game today. Frustrating to watch, Greenwood, Galbraith, Kovar and O'Conner our best players.
EDIT: 3:0 ball given away by the captain.

Drainy

Obviously it's a common 'bitter' response to losing in an underage game, but this Chelsea side are physically miles ahead, as well as being every bit and more talented as our side.

dove

Obviously it's a common 'bitter' response to losing in an underage game, but this Chelsea side are physically miles ahead, as well as being every bit and more talented as our side.
Unfortunately for them they will end up going on a 10 year loan cycle without making a single appearance for the first team.

mav_9me

Only seen the second half but they have been clearly the superior team. We couldn't get out of our half at all which culminated in Chelsea's second goal.

mav_9me

Red card for Chelsea's No. 8 after 2 yellow cards in quick succession .

Drainy

Unfortunately for them they will end up going on a 10 year loan cycle without making a single appearance for the first team.
I'm sure they will learn from previous generations and leave if they aren't fast tracked.

Been impressed by how clever they've been with the 'not quite fouls'. They are a talented and well drilled team and deserve to have swept the youth trophies.

lysglimt

Scout
Gomes do concern me - I feel his talent could go to waste simply because he is too small.

In Rainbows

I feel like United lack a midfield star. We have some good midfielders, but I can't remember a genuine star since Pogba. Where as in CB we've had Tuanzabe for example or O'Connor who switches from CB to fullback.

In Rainbows

Gomes do concern me - I feel his talent could go to waste simply because he is too small.
I think fans expect him to be this aggressive player and I don't think that's ever been his game. I've always seen him as more of an Iniesta type who's impact is subtle, but pops up with important goals at times. Always great at keeping possession, helping out the midfield, and is absolutely capable of splitting the defense open, but is just not that aggressive attacker.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I feel like United lack a midfield star. We have some good midfielders, but I can't remember a genuine star since Pogba. Where as in CB we've had Tuanzabe for example or O'Connor who switches from CB to fullback.
Ravel Morrison could have been that star. He was better than Pogba

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I only started watching from around the 25th minute, and from that point until halftime we were the better team. Had two or three well-worked opportunities that were blocked when our attacker took one touch too many.

Second half Chelsea were comfortably the better side unfortunately.

In Rainbows

Ravel Morrison could have been that star. He was better than Pogba
He was more of an attacker. I mean someone who just runs the game from the middle with his passing. Think the closest was Pearson who was a bit more of a force. Pereira often played closer to goal.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I
No domestic side have been able to touch Chelsea u18 this season so I expected a loss by a few goals.
I do feel that Utd under McKenna are getting closer though.

Yes they are better but in terms of who is more likely to be playing in the 1st team, I’d say we were on the basis that Chelsea still look for short term management appointments who buy instead of promote

Classical Mechanic

I

I do feel that Utd under McKenna are getting closer though.

Yes they are better but in terms of who is more likely to be playing in the 1st team, I’d say we were on the basis that Chelsea still look for short term management appointments who buy instead of promote
Hard to say what happens going forward and history tells us that young players at United fare better. That said, CHO, Ampdu and Sterling have all played for Chelsea’s senior side this season. I think only Gomes has for us.

Chelsea’s level is as high as it gets though. They won everything domestically easily and half that side were in their U19 side that lost the CL final last week.