U18s: Stoke 1-4 United | U21s: United 10-1 Stoke

lysglimt

Scout
5-0 for the U21 after 39 minutes. Oyedele scored

Shoretire gets an assist for the 4-0 goal

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I am really impressed with the Stoke camera setup/angles and its production.. Best I have seen for a while.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
85’

A beauty of a cross towards the far post from Curley. Kingdon & Munro somehow fail to convert it.

lysglimt

Scout
Stoke are on the comeback-trail. They have pulled a goal back at U21. Now 5-1 United

Gungerz

Kambwala own goal, so I like to think he was feeling sorry for them.

lysglimt

Scout
Hope we can get 10 :)

Only Nolan, Ogunneye and Jackson yet to record a goal, assist or an owngoal for Uniteds outfield-players :)

top1whoisman

Scout
Curley with another good through ball to Mantato who stumbles on the ball just as he os about to pass it into an empty net.

lysglimt

Scout
Curley with another good through ball to Mantato who stumbles on the ball just as he os about to pass it into an empty net.
Mantato would not sleep well tonight if the game was at 1-1. That was a bad miss :)

PS18

Wait, so you're telling me a few iffy pre-season results and displays weren't worthy of just shutting the whole academy down after all?!

PS18

Really good team display today, not sure there was a particularly standout individual display there (maybe Fitzgerald/Scanlon) but just good performances across the board from 1-11. Really patient first half against a dogged, physical team and then took advantage in the second as Stoke both tired and had to come out and play a bit more. Lacey is always a fun watch but especially so today I thought - initially looked like the left-back had his number physically but he worked his way into the game and found ways to get the upper hand in that battle. Sort of challenge that will do him a ton of good.

Lovely to see Curley back as well, genuinely impressive cameo from him too. Serious embarrassment of riches in midfield this year.

lysglimt

Scout
Wheatleys goal was scored within 2 minutes of him coming on as a sub

top1whoisman

Scout
FT 10-1 (Hansen-Aarøen x2, Williams x2, Mejía x2, Oyedele, Hugill, Wheatley, Mather)

lysglimt

Scout
Cant remember us ever scoring 10 in any official game before

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Gutted as we wanted to take my 3-year-old to this for his first match, but would have struggled to get to Old Trafford after.

top1whoisman

Scout
Thanks mate! I must admit I never use MUTV other than for live games so I wasn’t sure if they also showed highlights
They'll probably post them in the official app during this weekend. Can't see a full (U21) match being replayed later though. And considering the result they might even post the highlights on YouTube. The U18 match is being replayed plenty of times on MUTV during the next days.

PS18

Cant remember us ever scoring 10 in any official game before
Never in any competitive game since the academy system was introduced in 98(?) as far as I can tell. Think you have to go back to the mid 90s and the A/B teams playing in the Lancashire leagues.

top1whoisman

Scout
Nice to see seven different goalscorers for the U18s’ eight goals scored thus far.

Gungerz

They may show the goals on the Forest pre-match show on MUTV. They sometimes do that.

Red Rash

Amazing results from the youth teams. Let's hope the first team gets some goalscoring inspiration from this.