U18s: Sunderland vs United

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Saturday 23 September
12:30 BST
Live on MUTV

Let’s see if we can make it four wins out of four in the U18 Premier League.

The U21s are also in action today. They face Arsenal at Carrington, kickoff 12:00 BST.

lysglimt

Scout
Saturday 23 September
Live on MUTV

The U21s are also in action today. They face Arsenal at Carrington, kickoff 12:00 BST.
7-6 win for the U21s? :)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Mentioned a few weeks ago but Sunderland are a pretty good outfit these days, will be a big test.

Mickson

Saturday 23 September
Live on MUTV

They haven't shown one of the U21 gamers live yet, right? It was a disaster last season too. I remember when we could watch pretty much every game.

AltiUn

They haven't shown one of the U21 gamers live yet, right? It was a disaster last season too. I remember when we could watch pretty much every game.
They also used to do a fantastic 20 minute highlight reel of U18/U23 games that they've just done away with. MUTV is a joke.

Mickson

They also used to do a fantastic 20 minute highlight reel of U18/U23 games that they've just done away with. MUTV is a joke.
I wonder what the excuse is today, there is no PL game at the same time. I know, they show the U18 game instead, but still, it's U21 against Arsenal.

GueRed

The amount of coverage of the youth teams on MUTV has signficantly decreased in the last few years. Which is really disappointing.

lysglimt

Scout
Mentioned a few weeks ago but Sunderland are a pretty good outfit these days, will be a big test.
Too early to tell - teams differ so much from season to season, but the little they have shown this season has been quite average. Their U18s have 1 point in 2 matches in the league - and a defeat in the Premier League Cup - all against teams that normally aren't at the top (Blackburn, Derby and Leicester). So if we field a quite decent side, I would expect us to beat them

Gungerz

If people are wondering why Missin is able to play after picking up a red last week, I think his suspension would be covered by the U17 PL Cup game in midweek (which we lost 2-0 to Wolves).

lysglimt

Scout
I remember Logan Pye and Joe Hugill being highly thought of when we signed them and of course they have Chris Rigg too.
Yes but they were the only decent players they had in the worst side ever at this level :)

PS18

Loads of goals in the U21 game again. Just all going into our net unfortunately

AltiUn

Looks a miserable morning there.

Lacey wins a penalty after skinning the Sunderland fullback, Musa buries it. 1-0 United

AltiUn

Sloppy game so far, neither team has produced much but United marginally the better team at the half hour mark.

Lacey booked for kicking the ball away, very silly thing to get booked for.

AltiUn

Lacey has a shot cleared off the line.

Lots of talent in this United side; Munroe, Lacey, Musa, Fitzgerald and Amass have all caught my eye so far this season.

lysglimt

Scout
Loads of goals in the U21 game again. Just all going into our net unfortunately
Joke of a team unfortunately - 9 goals against in less than 90 minutes shows that something is wrong with both the players and the coaching staff

lysglimt

Scout
Lacey has a shot cleared off the line.

Lots of talent in this United side; Munroe, Lacey, Musa, Fitzgerald and Amass have all caught my eye so far this season.
And Kingdon who perhaps has been the pick of the bunch imo

AltiUn

Joke of a team unfortunately - 9 goals against in less than 90 minutes shows that something is wrong with both the players and the coaching staff
Personally don't rate Travis Binnion one bit.

AltiUn

Sunderland equalise just after HT with a banger. They nearly get a 2nd from a good counter. We need to wake up.

AltiUn

Referee is an idiot, Lacey was very clearly hacked down on the counter and the moron says the Sunderland player won the ball.

Gungerz

Watson has already played in The Championship, looks like a good player.

AltiUn

Watson has already played in The Championship, looks like a good player.
Definitely some good players in this Sunderland team, their right back has had a good game defensively.

AltiUn

Need to weather this Sunderland pressure without conceding, they'll tire and the ref will pull his head out of his arse and start awarding fouls fairly.

lysglimt

Scout
Thank you Sunderland for gifting us the win 4.5 minutes into injury time. A really poor cross that the Sunderland-keeper drops - and for some reason, noone picks up the rebound and McAllister rolls it into the empty net.

lysglimt

Scout
The one player who has impressed me the most this season has actually been Jack Kingdon - and the partnership between him and Munro has been one of the best I have seen below first-team level in a long time. In the game against Forest, we never would have won the game if especially Kingdon but also Munro - time and time again won the ball just outside the opponents box, so we pegged them back.

khoazany

I just don't know why our defenders all turned to shit as soon as they moved up to the U21s.

Ace of Spades

I just don't know why our defenders all turned to shit as soon as they moved up to the U21s.
I think that is more down to cohesion, which comes down to coaching, rather than individual problems only. Lack of concentration also is part of that.

Important to pick out the good individual profiles and how that may translate to pro football. Even if they are not immediately ready for us, good loans can be very useful as well.