U18s: United v City

khoazany

Weird to rotate in such a big game with many players coming back from injuries at once. Hopefully Willy, Hugill and Forson will be fit from now on. All 3 of them and Pye have had this season pretty much written off with how little time they were actually fit.

Last edited:

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
Our defence was all at sea IMHO. Going forward we didn't look too bad, but really outclassed. Bit worrying

lysglimt

Scout
In fairness - not too concerned with that result. We had too many of our best players not starting the game, and it was pretty obvious we were thinking about the FA Youth Cup game on wednesday.

SnoopShug

With final and games in hands in the league we'll have some interesting team selections in this game and in the coming weeks. Players like Kambwala & Pye will want to get back into game shape. As always the younger lads will get a run in & most likely some players will get a rest.

lysglimt

Scout
Just watched the table and how is it possible that we are in mid-march and have played only 12 out of 26 games in the league ? I know we have been in a cup here and there, but surely it should be possible to squeeze in a few extra games to avoid this fixture pile-up ?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Just watched the table and how is it possible that we are in mid-march and have played only 12 out of 26 games in the league ? I know we have been in a cup here and there, but surely it should be possible to squeeze in a few extra games to avoid this fixture pile-up ?
Think we missed a good chunk due to weather and Covid. Fixture pile up will be brutal, there's no way we go into the FA youth cup final without a few injuries.

lysglimt

Scout
Think we missed a good chunk due to weather and Covid. Fixture pile up will be brutal, there's no way we go into the FA youth cup final without a few injuries.
I get that - but 12 league games in 7 months - that is ridiculous. We have on average played less than 2 games a month

Mickson

I get that - but 12 league games in 7 months - that is ridiculous. We have on average played less than 2 games a month
They are incredibly incompetent. Same thing every year. Sometimes four games a week, sometimes one game in two months.

themightyreds1983

Clubs will also sometimes cancel if their strongest players are having to play with the 23’s leaving a weakened 18’s team